xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
OpaQue

Water-cooling!

That pc looks a bit... unstabel?My friends computer had water cooling, he overclocked his processor, AMD Athlon, from 2.2Ghz to 3.2Ghz, he had to get a new processor because his first one blew up, all he had was a normal fan, lol.

Thats the strangest thing ive ever seen. How does it work? Is it jsut cooled water in a bucket geting sucked thru a tube around the tower and back into the bucket? However if it went back in the bucket wouldn't the bucket get hot and the whole computer go boom boom? Yay. Boom Boom. Infact, I hope it does go Boom Boom. I wonder who built it. Looks like some of Bill Gates works. Hes good at that kinda **** stuff.

Thats true, but still, what about the PC asploading?

i think water-cooling is really cool....think about it ....i looked at that picture....i felt dangerous....u see....a water bucket next to a pc is really dangerous...i think...yes i know a whole water-cooling system is quite expensive....but safety is quite important for a pc .....i think a Radiator should replace the bucket....which can cool down the water quicker...and safer...if radiator is too expensive...try use a bucket that the water is not open to the surrounding...i did try to build a radiator by myself b4...with some metal tube...is quite easy if u did metal D&T at school b4....dun really want to talk so deep about everything...so i stop here...

AMD processors blow up ( burn ) when overclocked unlike Pentium processors which cease to function when they overheat. Most of the Gaming freaks over clock their AMD processors.. I had seen this video on Tom's hardware where they used the similar waterr cooling thing.. but it was more compact and did not include such a large water source. It had a radiator for cooling the water and small diameter pipes. It looked pretty cool..And there was another one which was ment for servers I guess. They used a compressor inside a real big fat Cabinet and used it too cool the processor. the cool thing is , once that thing was turned on, the BIOS reported the CPU temperature around -34 degree! ;)

I've always been scared about using water cooling.

I mean, first off, water and electricty don't mix. What if by some strange chance one of the hoses got loose, splled water all over the inside the computer, thus runining the computer and being a potential saftey hazzard for pets.

Not only that, but some of the radiator units to cool the water look absolutely rediculous, check this one out :

http://www.3dcool.com/product_info.php?products_id=1473

I have heard about water cooling before, But I haven't ever seen a picture of what it looks like. For one, the picture of the computer someone put in, It looks to big to fit in a computer. I think it is impractical unless you find a way to make it a lot smaller. You don't want the entire computer filled with a hose, pump, and container of water. I haven't done much research on the subject, but in my opinion, Just get a bigger fan or somthing.

ive got watercooling in my pc and its really good, its so mcuh better than stock fans, ive got 2 heat sinks one on the cpu and one on the chipset, a single 80mm radiator and a wicked pump, then its all hozed up adn it rocks, i have my cpu overclocked to 3.2 ghz from 2.8 i dont want to go any further in case of blow up and it still runs and 34 degrees c, ha its so cool any ways thats my story and just a warning dont buy cheap water cooling beacsue its crap and it really sucks, cool see ya later