xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Wynter

How To Hide Your Important Files And Folders In Ms. Windows, Without Using Programmes.

Most of people share their computers with others -family, mates, buddy or whoever- and that sharing threatens their secrets and private file to be revealed, letting some people to know things they shouldn't know..

My Securing Way:

Operation - Camouflage

Use an Icon Editor to generate a 1x1 Transparent Icon and Save it .. > 1 <

Open CMD.. Start >> Run or Press WindowsLogo+R..

Lets Say you wanna hide a Folder named "secure" and it's located in E:\folder\

so Write

E: and Press Enter

then Write

Cd folder and Enter

then

Attrib +s +h secure then enter

navigate to the place where your secret content is located.. you'll find the folder disappeared..

-If it's still appearing goto Tools>> Folder Options >> View and insert a trick beside Hide Protected Operating System Files (Recommended)

Now The folder is considered a Protected Operating System Folder.. But thats not enough we need to hide it more..

so Make sure that the hide protected Operating system files untricked and you could see hidden and system files..

now you go to E:.. so you could see the folder you are hiding..

right click on the folder "secure" and press Rename

Delete its name and Press alt+255 (from the numpad) and press enter..

The folder is now with no name!

Now the Final step... DO you remeber the 1x1 Icon file you saved somewhere ?

right click on our blank named folder and choose customize.. >>> change Icon and navigate to the blank Icon's place and select it ..

From folder options re-trick the hide operating system files

now the folder is fully invisible

How Can I reach My Folder ?

too simple navigate to where it's located.. select the text in the adress bar ... lets say its E:\folder\| << here press alt+255.. you'll find the text cursor like this E:\folder\ | and press enter.. you'll find yourself in your most secured folder..

Any Questions are Welcomed =D

Thanks. It's very useful. But if you forget where the file is kept or the file name, can you still retrieve it?

Thanks. It's very useful. But if you forget where the file is kept or the file name, can you still retrieve it?

It's Gonna be Hard.. but nothing is impossible though..You can use Windows Search with selecting search in system files and folders and put the in the search box " " << alt+255
It's a Special Character Btw.. not a space =D

But if you do the "select all" operation it will highlight the transparent icon. Is there any another solution, so that it can't be highlighted/

put it in an empty folder :o ... who will ctrl+A in an empty folder ?

That would probably work on my mum, dad, sister, brother, and some friends but i wouldnt recommend this method if you really want to keep confidential material. Also if you do a search in E: for files wouldnt it show up as well. I think the best option is to use a 3rd party program to lock your files, I'm not sure if windows provides any facilities for doing so. They have encrpt function I think but its a pain because if you need to acess it you have to uncrypt it.

That would probably work on my mum, dad, sister, brother, and some friends but i wouldnt recommend this method if you really want to keep confidential material. Also if you do a search in E: for files wouldnt it show up as well. I think the best option is to use a 3rd party program to lock your files, I'm not sure if windows provides any facilities for doing so. They have encrpt function I think but its a pain because if you need to acess it you have to uncrypt it.

wanna hide stuff that nobody will ever get them?

well.. you can use this way :

= Archive your file(s) using WinZip-Winrar

= Add Password to archive

= Change the archive's Extension (say from filename.rar to filename.dll or watever)

you can also use uharcd to archive them, its more un-popular and hard to get.

but that's a too complicated process, you must be hiding FBI secrets to do this.

Edited by Wynter (see edit history)