xisto Community
Wynter

Do You Believe In Astrology? The Personality part or The Futeure

One day, I received a Phone call from the editor in chief of the magazine I write for asking me to write the astrology section because the section's writer was sick. I didn't care alot for astrology before, but for me to write this section, I had to study what astrology is..

As I read more.. and dive deeper inside that strange space, as I see Aries fighting with Aries and The Scorpion in love with The Cancer, I start to believe more and more in that astrology thing. Astrology really reflects the personality things, giving a blurry but kind of truth full one..

so what about the future one?.. I have a belief that nobody can ever see future, unless he\she has enough luck and logic to know what will happen tomorrow MATHEMATICALLY.

So I do Believe in the Astrological Personality thing.. but future.. well.. That's too hard .

So..

Do you believe in Astrology? Which Part of Astrology do you believe more ?

The Personality one Or The Future one ? and Why ?

Edited by Wynter (see edit history)

Even back then, when I still thought the universe was exactly Sir Isaac Newton's clockwork deterministic world, I had little trust in astrology. True, I did consider that there may be something to it, however, I also deemed it impossible to keep track of a system, like the universe, while, at the same time, being part of the system. In any case, when I learned about quantum physics' probabilistic universe, I totally gave up much hope for astrology or anything that attempts to divine the future through celestial objects.

You also might wanna see this thread I made back then, detailing why a lot of "expert" astrologers nowadays should not be trusted.

Say, I'm born in June 21, 1986. Care to tell me my sign in the Classical Zodiac? :o

:o I was just reading my friend her daily horoscope.. I absolutely do not believe in horoscope, I believe that what you do is what you get.I once went online to this site that gives you your future after you submit your name, date of birth, time of birth and location. In each line I was told that I would be rich famous and so on but would be stricken with one disease or another.And there was another thing where you can see if you are well suited with your partner, so I entered my details and my boyfriend's.. When I entered the birth date chosen by my parents for school records (28th October) it said that we are well suited. But when I entered my actual birth date which is October 29th it said that me and my boyfriend are the worst couple :DSo I can safely say that me and my boyfriend decide whether we are well suited or not. Astrology is a matter of perspective and it solely depends on the person who does it. I think a program should not be trusted but if done by a very professional and experience person, it can be accurate.I do tarot reading though, It isn't because I want to see the future but just to see whether it is an art of the imagination or truly affects people. Most of my readings are right when they involve me but then again I assume all possibilities when I do a reading..

I definitely do not believe in Astrology.

I have a belief that nobody can ever see future, unless he\she has enough luck and logic to know what will happen tomorrow MATHEMATICALLY.

This is just impossible. No once can ever predict the future(i'm not talking about events. For example, people you're going to meet, things that happen to you etc.). Every single thing that happens is all completely in random. When you think about it, every person on earth is here by amazing coincidence. For example, someones great great great grandfather is walking down a street, right? Say if it was running, he walks to fast to get out of it, and suddenly bumps into a woman. This woman eventually becomes his wife and she is pregnant, and so the cycle of life. Now, lets say it wasn't running. Then the great great great grandfather would have never meet the woman, and that someone would not have been born. Now think about why the great grandfather was walking. Maybe he dropped some milk, so had to go out to the shop. What if he never dropped the milk? He would never have to goto the shop. And never meet the woman. There are an un-countable amount of the smallest events that eventually lead to a specific person being born. If it wasn't for something as small as the weather 500 years ago, I wouldn't exist. Every single little thing that ever happens is by complete random.

I definitely do not believe in Astrology. This is just impossible. No once can ever predict the future(i'm not talking about events. For example, people you're going to meet, things that happen to you etc.). Every single thing that happens is all completely in random. When you think about it, every person on earth is here by amazing coincidence. For example, someones great great great grandfather is walking down a street, right? Say if it was running, he walks to fast to get out of it, and suddenly bumps into a woman. This woman eventually becomes his wife and she is pregnant, and so the cycle of life. Now, lets say it wasn't running. Then the great great great grandfather would have never meet the woman, and that someone would not have been born. Now think about why the great grandfather was walking. Maybe he dropped some milk, so had to go out to the shop. What if he never dropped the milk? He would never have to goto the shop. And never meet the woman. There are an un-countable amount of the smallest events that eventually lead to a specific person being born. If it wasn't for something as small as the weather 500 years ago, I wouldn't exist. Every single little thing that ever happens is by complete random.

I do agree with you ..

I don't know if everything is random and I do believe in some stuff far stranger than astrology, but I'm pretty sure that astrology is just a bunch of trash.However, I guess people born during certain times of the year will have certain characteristics, but I don't think these things are really general enough.

I should believe if Astrology has it's good effects but for now, I dont see anything that I should believe in that because in my personal opinion it's threatening me and it's so scary... lol...

I actually have pretty strong beliefs about astrology. I think that astrology can describe a little bit about a persons personality, not what they will actually end up being or doing. The more detailed reports usually take into account your birth place and time, and take into consideration the location of each and every planet when you were born. When I first read reports describing who I was, it was surprisingly very accurate. When it comes to describing what will happen day to day or with relationships, it is a lot harder to believe anything I read because I still feel like each of us control our lives.

Seeing astrology as a description of my personality has been very interesting. I am a Taurus and I have often heard that Taurus' put a strong value on relationships and friendships that they have. When I thought about it, all three of my closest girl friends are all Taurus' and I feel the most trusting and comfortable with them because I know they feel the same way. Those three girls also surround themselves with many Taurus' and it is completely subconscious that all of us did so. There is a great website that does these reading for you for free but it is a lot of information (that gets repetitive and excessive at times) but if anyone is interested in astrology I definitely recommend it. (Sorry I am new and am unaware of link policy, so correct my post if this isn't allowed.)

https://cafeastrology.com/ <for the natal charts. I believe there is a link to describe the process, and it is a free service.
http://www.astro.com/ <free daily horoscope that takes your birth time and place into consideration. You may have to register but also a free service.

So..

Do you believe in Astrology? Which Part of Astrology do you believe more ?

The Personality one Or The Future one ? and Why ?

I still can believe the personality based on astrology.

It is kind of strange if astrology is used for predicting the future. Do all humans only have 12 kind of paths in their life? :P

astrology is pretty much followed in my country. There are different kinds of astrology all having its own bunch of fans. Some of them i know are ,( All these forms of astrology have distinct names, which i am not able to recollect ... And all these explanations that follow are to the ebst of my knowledge ) Tarot : a person's future is predicted based upon a card he picks from a pack of cardsParrot Astrology : Similar kind of astrology to tarot. But here, the lucky one who gets to pick up a card is a parrot. This form of astrology is pretty ancient and is still followed.Handprint Astrology : Here , a persons fist impressions are used to predict his futureNameology : It is believed that a person's name along with his date of birth and time of birth could influence his future. So, this is another astrological area, quite popular.Zodiac Signs : Most popular astrology technique wherein your future is predicted based upon your time of birth. There was a show recently which debated about how true astrology could be. It was kind of a funny debate where the group of astrology believers and people who never believed in astrology went head to head against each other. Few questions like "why do all people in a vehicle die of an accident if they are supposed to have different sets of luck based upon different sets of zodiac signs" made the astrological fans dumbfounded !!!Personally, i believe in astrology if it has something positive to tell about me and future. Else , i consider it a joke !!!!!

Edited by techclave (see edit history)

I do but only if you do it yourself, it takes time to learn what everything means, but once you get the hang of it it makes great sense and is very accurate. The reason i say DIY is because everyone interprets and words things differently and astrology is very personal.

well i don't believe in horoscopes but i read the yahoo's one every day cause it says that I'm going to be the greatest every day :lol: marketing i guess, but it's a good boost for moral. i believe maybe in the descriptions for each sign, although i think they are made by psychologists other than astrologers.

astrology is more of a hoax but they help people in some way.their are too many kinds of astrology, some will guide you, some will just make you realize something, some are there to contemplate your life's choices, and the most magical one: PREDICTING your future.in our country, if there's a market then there will be astrology.

I personally give some credence to the ideas of astrology, but I believe it is more general than most people think. Instead of being a system of knowing when you're going to find true love, what type of job you're going to have, where/how you're going to get money, etc. etc., it's more a factor of one's personality. If you look at a site like astrofaces.com, you can compare the features of people with certain astrological correspondences and see that there is a similarity in their personalities, and the signs match up. So is there something to it? I believe so.As far as science linking astrology and personality, I think it's possible, though I haven't studied it myself. The idea of all of these signs, that are related to positions of heavenly bodies, could have a magnetic effect on the brain (however slight) during the prenatal period. And the sign you're given when you actually pop out of mom (haha), is basically the end result of said influence. So you could see how there might be a physical idea behind astrology, as well.Also note that there are different systems of astrology in the world: you have the tropical, sidereal, referred to respectively as Western and Vedic. Both of these have their merits and you can see some different qualities of a personality by looking at each and comparing similarities and dissimilarities. I'm not sure which I trust more, though. Under the Western system, my sun turns out to be Gemini, my moon Cancer, and my ascendant Sagittarius. Under the Vedic system, my moon sign switches to Gemini. Although, I've looked at the characteristics of the cancer moon sign, and seen some people that no doubt have its influence in their personalities, and I would say that I share some of their characteristics.