xisto Community
Carson

Adding Drop Down Menus

I have looked around many IPB support sites, but I didn't find a suitable drop-down menu add-on that I liked or worked correctly. I have noticed the drop down menus on this forum on other forums, and I was wondering if this was custom to this site or there was a tutorial somewhere which shows how to make one similar to this? Or if anything, I basic IPB drop down menu tutorial/add on. Thanks.

Nope! here you go i personally love this one the colours can be changed in the css
Its located here

Youll see why i love it so much! remember to use all the files you need otherwise it wont work (as i found out! i tried to cut lots of corners but it didnt work)

Hope this helps

I think I can change that to suit what I want. Thanks a lot karlosantana. I would have never found that on my own.

Glad you found it helpfull! javascript kit.com is a really good place for scripts like that oneGood luck and when you've done your web page post it on here so i can see!
karlos

Hey guys, sorry to take you away from the subject a little. I got this follwing script from javascriptkit.com but there's a line that I dont understand.

<script type="text/javascript">//Enter domain of site to search.var domainroot="kudmus.trap17.com;function Gsitesearch(curobj){curobj.q.value="site:"+domainroot+" "+curobj.qfront.value}</script><form action="google.com/search&%2334; method="get" onSubmit="Gsitesearch(this)"><p>Search Kudmus:<br /><input name="q" type="hidden" /><input name="qfront" type="text" style="width: 180px" /> <input type="submit" value="Search" /></p></form>

There is this following line that displays a funny icon in Dreamweaver:

<input name="q" type="hidden" />

Can I get rid of this line? What does it do?

Edited by kudmus (see edit history)

Why don't you try a standardized CSS drop-down menu?There are lots of tutorials out there which explain how to do it... They have their limitations, of course. But many people have javascript turned off, and can't see javascripted menus :)Also, it reduces overhead on loading the site :)

I have added a drop down menu on my site as an include. The problem now is that when I hover over the buttons the menus hide behind the the contents of the divs below the menu bar. I have tried to play with the CSS for the two divs(the menu and the body) but I did not succeed because I did not know what I was doing. I did not know where to fix and what to suspect. May you please help me. Tell me if there is need to upload the CSS file.