xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Reekun

IPB question is ipb included in the hosting package?

Does the hosting package #1have Invisionboard*Because that's my favorite community forum board thingAnd all I could ever find was PhPBB2!-- 1/26/08I see, PhPBB2 will be the forum I turn to thenI downloaded 1.3 IPB for fantastico but turns out I can't use it now I'll delete it then.Maybe I can buy a IPB license someday...I have to switch all my DNS first thanks for the input!

Edited by Reekun (see edit history)

No, IPB is a paid Board. You need to purchase a licence from them to set up an IPB Forum.Fantastico includes several Board softwares, like phpbb2.I would encourage you to check out AEF Forums.

Invision power board used to give out version 1.3 free a couple years back, they no longer do this and now you must pay for a license. There are nulled versions of IPB, which are basically hacked copies of the software, and if you are found using this on Xisto, or many other hosts, they will suspend your site without notice. Like haslip said, use

AEF
IPBFree, it's a ipb host. I personally do not like them, but maybe you will
Mybb, a forum software based of Vbulletin
YABB, a forum software written perl
SMF, software which is available in Fantastico. Similar to Yabb

Hope those help!