xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Reekun

Supernatural's View On Death, Devils, Spirits And The Afterlife. Supernatural is the CWs hit new show :-)

I think the Supernatural cast brings a whole new perspective on afterlife and the dead

The Winchester boys fight spirits that are left behind because they had unfinished business after they died.

The devil is pictured as a misguided lost soul that was just the devil because he disobeyed god, and demons all worship him as "Lucifer"

Death is just a small step in life because the winchester brothers have sacrificed life limb and soul to return each other to the living.

I'll stop here so I don't spoil any more about the show.

What are your thoughts on these occurances in the show and contradictions against them?

Like for me, I don't believe that spirits are left behind if someone has unfinished business, they'll simply vanish.

But the demons and lucifer versus God and humans quarrel I can agree with

Lucifer was revealed as the arch-angel cast down from heaven for disobeying the big man.

The struggle to keep each other alive by making a deal with the devil is what I agree with the most in the show, and the most believable...

Edited by Reekun (see edit history)

I personally do not have supernatural beliefs on death. I will donate my organs before I get turned to ash. (i dont want to be eaten by bugs and enzymes and god knows what else. The only thing i'm not sure is what to do with the ashes... thats a good idea I might start a new thread!

The only thing i'm not sure is what to do with the ashes... thats a good idea I might start a new thread!

:o Well in supernatural if you still have ashes left over they have to be burned in a ritual before the evil spirit would disappear. Like in Supernatural the brothers seek out and combat paranormal and supernatural events to figure the meaning linking their mother's death and they find out all these demons and events are linked to it

Like the yellow-eyed devil and whatnot

After the death of Mary the kids was trained by John to hunt and kill all demons and devils but later it is revealed that even the hunters of spirits don't know where they go in the afterlife!

Like there was this episode called Death in the Water:
Dean comes across a mysterious drowning victim in the newspaper. Upon further research they soon discover more people who have drowned in the same lake, but their bodies were never found. When the boys show up in town they befriend a boy whose father has drowned. The brothers come to believe the lake is haunted by a spirit. The spirits never left...

Because they had unfinished business to take care of.

Supernatural also has a unique view on supernatural spirits
because they can possess you

Sam and Dean investigate a mysterious asylum that has a history with abuse in one episode, but an evil force inside causes Sam to lose his sanity and turn on his brother.

Supernatural delivers an unique view on spirits and afterlife.