xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Reekun

Fox News Just Spins Yarn Into Yellow Journalism... 4chan and Maple Story??

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Ugh, it was bad enough they tried to be serious with 4chan and Maplestory, but this is stupid beyond stupid. Stop giving video games a bad name by spouting absolute nonsense!

To quote the one who posted this video:

"So according to Fox, if X-Box doesn't turn your child into a fascist, xenophobic Nazi, it's now going to turn them into a lecherous sexist pervert!!!"

:o

They are nothing but a mouthpiece for the Neo-Cons. Fox News censorships and lies over the last couple of years have become so apparent that it's almost sickening to me....

Neo-conservatives? This is almost as bad as when the anti video game guy in Congress tried to prevent GTA from being mass-produced...

I see fox news for what they are now, thank you all!
Edited by Reekun (see edit history)

It's simply astounding that people only come to attention about these things when it attacks something personal to you. Fox News is ANYTHING but "Fair and Balanced". They are nothing but a mouthpiece for the Neo-Cons. Fox News censorships and lies over the last couple of years have become so apparent that it's almost sickening to me....The mainstream media is nothing but evil.

Hummmm....that's interesting. Since we no loner have satalite TV, the 2 channels we miss the most are Fox News and the Sci Fi channel. I have seen a lot of stuff on Fox that the main stream media would not of touched with a 10 ft pole. They bring a lot of things up that otherwise we would never hear. I think of all the major media news, Fox is probably the best. In general though, the media annoys me terribly. They all have a way of slanting/twisting the truth and I am sure there are a lot of things going on in the world that we would like to hear about but never will.

I just love how this segment can even go on for so long... I mean they talk and talk and talk about how horrible and bad that the game is between themselves in the news room, but when they are actually talking to people that have played the game, they are in a huge hurry to get them off the show.

And I loved the part where he was like, so have you even played the game?! And then the host was like, Nooooo.... in this really snotty voice. Like, of course not! Because she'd never stoop so low as to get some first hand information on the game that she is doing a report about. Because hearsay is far more news-worthy than actual facts. But in her defense, she did watch the trailer, and click around on the website for a few minutes as "research". Riiiggghhhttt.....

Anyway, as I haven't played the game myself, I can't say really be saying anything good or bad about the game that's brought such controversy to the Fox headquarters, but I will say, if that's considered "news", then that's just sad. I always have to laugh when I see what the state of television has become lately. It seems every time I watch it, something even more incredibly dumb is being said, regardless if anyone's bothered to get any real facts to report or not.

Just as a side note, I found this comment underneath the video a classic... I slightly edited it for language.

I've played mario brothers but I haven't eaten mushrooms and jumped over **** turtles

Anyway, yea... Fox, has once again proved to me just how much I really can't believe in network news. Fun to watch, but oh so stupid... I think I may have actually lost some braincells watching that... Edited by midnightvamp (see edit history)