xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tramposch

Unable To Connect Remotely To My Server

Well ok. let me try to draw this out in paint.. this is how our routers are set up..

Posted Image

I beleive that is how it goes..

Ok..

I am trying to run both an XAMPP server, and a Ventrilo server.

I connect to it fine with 127.0.0.1 (vent server and xampp) but nobody else can connect with my IP address, not even remotely to my router (router control panel with password and IP and port)

How do i fix this? Ghost rider ( i think that's his trapian name) said it might be because the modem can't choose what router to send the IP to... any solutions guys?

Need more detail? Ask.

Have you checked your ports on your routers and modem? If you are behind a router or modem you have to go into the control panel of it (usually web based, check your owner's manual) and forward the ports the applications require (for XAMPP it'll be 80,81, and 21 i believe). Or if your too lazy (like me) you can just DMZ your computer; however, this will make your computer more vulnerable to attacks. If this doesn't help, I'm afraid I don't know, sorry.

ah, im portfowarding only port 80, but it's the ventrilo that is more important, because the XAMPP interferes with blackberries..yeah im portforwarding for ventrilo also

The only other thing i can think of is firewalls: Do you have any firewalls running that are blocking communication for those ports? If you have Windows Vista, it may include more than just firewalls, but i'm not sure on that. Try

CONSOLE
netstat -a
to see if any other program is using these ports beside the ones you want.

Mkay, anybody have any ideas?
:P
This is really buggin me

mumm..... I think you have to make sure which IP address you are using for remote connect, e.g 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x, those are for locally (LAN), for the WAN IP address more like 206.13.64.12. something like that. Since the LAN IP address is using for local only.

If you use the WAN already, open the port become DMZ zone and try, if you can remote connect it, that's mean is firewall issue, if not, then should be something else.

windows 7 network printer can not be contacted Unable To Connect Remotely To My ServerJust setting up my new office network, two new hp computers running windows 7 using a 2/wire router sp is bt . And also so small hub ( will bt adding more machines soon) the hub is netgear. We are networking a printer. Pluged in to the hub also the computer are plug in to this hub , they share files ok . Loaded the drivers and software on the machines , but I am getting a message printer ricoh aficio 3224c pcl6 cannot be contacted over the network . Have tested cable that's fine . Not sure how to fix this issue .Can some please help thanks mark-question by mark