xisto Community
Joka999

Mobile Modding Anyone else modded their phone??

Hi recently i modded my SE W550i giving it a better cam driver, acoustics driver, changing the signal graphics and battery graphics, changing the icons and then gave it a flash menu I also added KD Player to it which isn't really a mod just a general application to use instead of the default Walkman media player. Just wondering if anyone else has modded their phone either firmware wise or aesthetically??Add specs or pictures to make it interesting :)

lol i would not know where to start... It looks like you know alot about phones. Maybe you work in a phone shop or something. But i have no clue how i would do it. Ive taken my phones to the shops for little upgrades and they charge a fortune to do it. So maybe its best to do it yourself if you know how :lol:

hello....
i want to give you a litle last tips
althought this tip is old, but it usefull for we know it
it's about how to make your Sony Erricsson K310i to Sony Ericsson W200i exactly....
1. Prepare tool:
a. Computer
b. Sony Ericsson K310i CID49
c. USB controler for DCU-60
d. Download this file:
- setool2lite_v1.08
- firmware :
* W200_FS_MEDITERR_R4HA014_RED52_ONLY1.fbn http://ww5.netdrive.ws
* W200_MAIN_GENERIC_R4HA014_RED52_ONLY1.mbn http://ww5.netdrive.ws
* w200_Melinda_Generic_CDA102737_4_R1A_GENERIC_MEDITERR
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
- My phone Explorer (backup everything in your mobile)
e. Use Full charge battery for this proses
2.Proses
a. open setool2lite chose phone type k310i
b. clik read GDFS
c. HP turn off and plug the simcard, hold C and connect USB controler beetwen HP and pc
d. after proses read GDFS finish, unplug USB controler on hp, unplug batrery 3 second and plug the batery again
e. in Files box clik Add, insert FS (*.fbn) and Main (*.mbn)
f. in Misc Files box insert Custom files CDA in format .zip (w200_melinda......zip)
g. clik flash, connect USB Controler between hp and Pc again with hold C..... wait until this proses finish.
h. unplug USB Controler, insert simcard and turn on your mobile...
yes we have changed k310i into w200i........

:P^_^:P

this anoter one....is there any tutor to make your own MP(moster pack) E398? i've never seen it before..I guess many people interested to make their own MP.1. Download orginal firmware(I mean clean with no patches) or download some of lektor moded firmware(0.3v)2. Patch it as you want3. Find/make DRM what you like(mod it if patches needs it; it is wreaten in patches description if it is needed to mod DRM or not)4. Make some nice skins/write their own mma_upc files5. Mod seems that you wish they to be moded6. Put it all in to your moto. Check if there are bugs.7. Make full backup. Make shx file flom full backupMost MP's are made that way. The 'magic' people are able to mod some more 'cause they understand Motorola's native language(I mean programming language of moto)you can get more by joining Motohell.comthanks... :P^_^:P

Ahhh, i have been wanting to do that to my w810i but I am sort of scared of doing it :S , what if the phone gets messed up or I end up getting my cellphone credit hacked out or something ^_^. On the other hand, it looks really cool, and I could use the camera improvement because it acts strange from time to time. I have seen some videos on youtube of how great the flash menus can look.

i am familiar with modding ipod or gaming consoles but when it comes to cellphones i don't want to try..modding a cellphone unofficially might render it useless or buggy, that's why i prefer the default tools my phone offers..and most cellphones have restrictive firmwares that might be damaged when you try to change it's content.. that's why i'm afraid to do some hacks on my unit..but i'm willing to try if someone has proven that it is safe to do,

I've never heard of something like that! Although I think there is some kind of software on your phone - like an OS and you can change it with something modded, but you may end up ruining your telephone or not being able to use all the settings...maybe it would be possible to try that on older phones which you don't use anymore...

i have a w300i, here are some quick specs:-firmware r9a036-genericised to australian custompack-vkp patches:-browse_tpa_folder_in_others_w300_R9A036-change_sms_duration_w300_r9a036.vkp-change_videofiles_name_w300_R9A036-continue_listening_radio_w300_R9A036-delete_videodj_folder_w300_R9A036-enable_flash_wallpapers_w300_R9A036-fast_forward_rewind_w300_R9A036-faster_long_filenames_scrolling_w300_R9A036-radio_without_headsets_w300_r9a036.vkp-remove_java_security_w300_r9a036.vkp-show_filenames_extension_w300_R9A036-use_camera_when_java_open_w300_R9A036camera driver: v6.0 BrAzUkA?sacoustics: blackice's wow II liveflash themes/menus:-active black-active desktop-analog blue-basti-black bubbles-breakbeat-cheerful-circle shine-citybeat-club pulse-emerge-equalizer-gsharp-stencil art-street style-technoi will soon be posting tutorials on how to mod your se phone, step-by-step...

Hi recently i modded my SE W550i giving it a better cam driver, acoustics driver, changing the signal graphics and battery graphics, changing the icons and then gave it a flash menu I also added KD Player to it which isn't really a mod just a general application to use instead of the default Walkman media player. Just wondering if anyone else has modded their phone either firmware wise or aesthetically??
Add specs or pictures to make it interesting :lol:

Can you explain in detail how did you do it? It would be very interesting for most of us (who are newbies on phone modding) to see how it is done so that we can also try.

Thanks in advance,

-L.