xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
A200

Actor Heath Ledger Dies At 28

Wow this is unexpected:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Actor Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday of a possible drug overdose in a Lower Manhattan apartment, the New York Police Department said.
Heath Ledger was found dead in a Manhattan apartment.

The Academy Award nominated actor was 28.

"Pills were found in the vicinity of the bed," police spokesman Paul Browne told CNN.

"This is being looked at as a possible overdose, but that is not confirmed yet."

The pills appeared to be over-the-counter sleeping medication, said police spokeswoman Barbara Chen.

Ledger was unresponsive when he was found by a housekeeper who had gone to wake him for an appointment with a masseuse in the Soho apartment, Browne said.

The apartment is owned by the actress Mary-Kate Olsen, The New York Times reported.

Ledger was declared dead at about 3:30 p.m., Browne said.

I just woke up to the news that he had died... that is so sad, he was a good actor...

RIP Heath Ledger

always a tragedy to hear somebody with great potential die so young...

Yeah and the cause of his death was drugs, so sad to hear about people dying to drugs.

Its not confirmed if he actually died of an over dose. There is an autopsy happening today. He was a good actor, and will be missed. My worrys go out to his family.. he had a 4 year old daughter ;(

Hi,SHOCKING!!! I was talking to a friend of mine regarding him about how I like his acting and looks :) , I then was curious to see how he looked in the batman movie so I randomly googled his name..I was shocked when I found out that he was dead.. It is actually sad and freaky that he died, he had a lot of potential.. But nothing can be done when your time comes..Rest In Peace ....

I actually didn't find this out until I opened up Internet Explorer for the first time in ages. Then there it was, plain as day on the MSN homepage. I simply clicked out and never went back to it.Of course, I heard about it nonstop the next day.I hate it when people make the death of a celebrity a huge deal, since no one even blinks when hundreds are being killed in Burma by the military regime over there, or at how the floods in Oregon have claimed the lives and homes of many people, or even at deaths LOCAL to their towns or cities. That kind of raises the WTF question: Why is it that some people are more special than others? Is it because they're FAMOUS? It's nice to know that Heath Ledger made a handful of movies that we can enjoy forever, and maybe he was a good guy, but maybe there were husbands, wives, children, teachers, entrepreneurs, philosophers, Peace Corps members... maybe even BETTER people (in the sense that they made more of a positive impact during their lives) that died... and no one commends them or even recognizes them because they're not *BLEEP*ing famous. A reporter at some time mentioned the infamous occurrence of the "national yawn." We're just so desensitized to this sort of thing that we don't really care much for it anymore. (I'm unfortunately a part of this, demonstrating it with my nonchalant closing of my IE browser with the newscast on the MSN homepage.) Of course, it's perfectly reasonable to feel bad about someone's passing. It's the fact that people don't even KNOW that person other than the fact that he or she is famous and whatever the paparazzi decide to glean and feed America's retarded hunger for the inside scoop on that celebrity and how people "feel so sad" that's disgusting. :) *sigh*Anyway, I haven't heard much else about it though other than the fact that Opie and Anthony made fun of how he died in the nude... relentlessly. And that he was at an Olsen apartment/house when he died... and that it wasn't an overdose, according to the autopsy. But frankly, I'm not curious enough to actually go out and figure anything else out.R.I.P. Heath Ledger. Hopefully the papparazzi doesn't destroy what's left of your legacy. He leaves a daughter too. I think she's 2-years-old... or maybe 4. I hope that she'll be okay. :)

^^ Yes I think about those things too. One thing I found interesting is that it made the front page in all the english speaking countries, yet in France, it isn't a big deal. I was at the Brisbane Square Library yesterday, and was reading some current french newspapers. Heath Ledger doesn't make the first page, second page, third page, fourth page, in fact there is nothing about his death until the 20th page in the corner was a small paragragh with a picture of him, and the paragraph was a simple sumup of what is believed to have happened; nothing more.I hope that when someone like Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton dies, I hope it isn't made to be a big deal, because they really haven't contributed anything to society, and have just used their fame to get richer, and don't care about anyone else. Its this mentality that we must all be upset that someone famous (ie someone who is known by more people than you or me) died, yet we mean nothing to them, they have never heard of us, and we know nothing much about them either- just that they've been in a few movies. I remember when Steve Irwin died, it was quite sad, but it just went over the top, and it seemed like people were happy to keep talking and talking about him, and it was even worse when some people used it as the opportunity to be seen to be doing what he did- Naomi Robson flew to Brisbane from Melb/Syd (not sure which city) at a moments notice, and reported outside for hours, WEARING A KHAKI COSTUME and with a lizard on her shoulder! It just seems like people don't get respect when they die, and everyone makes it into a big thing just so that they feel its right that 100% of the worlds population knows of a persons death... when frankly it doesn't matter.

yeah I heard about this on the radio toobut there is something weird going on, on the radio they said he had just finished acting in the batman movie and his role was the joker. and he was very stressed from doing that role. Anyways, someone asked the first actor who played the joker role in the first movie and this peron said he had told him " I warned him"

He's last movie is still being published, they finished the acting part of the movie, just the editing to do. This is extremely shocking and my dearest concerns go to anyone else effected by this shocking death.