xisto Community
vikram

I Am Very Much Addicted To Internet addiction to anything is a bad thing

I AM VERY MUCH ADDICTED TO NET and my freinds used to call me net-eria(means a net being) i couldn't concentrate on my studies at that time but i worked over it to overcome that addiction now i only spend 10 hours a week on the net only.i think it is not addiction anymore relative to 50+ hours a week which i earlier used to spend on the net and that too on cheap sites.i think maturity comes only after some experience.

yeah the internet can be addictive. I guess you could say I am addicted to the net. What makes it worse is I work with computers and interent so its so easy to get distracted. Like right now I'm surpose to be doing some programming yet I'm trying to get some points lol. I do spend alot of hours each day just broswing though.

Do your school work.There will be time enough for Browsing when you are old, like me, with no life... :)Seriously, get an education before you get to the point where you no longer have the options available to pursue the career of your choice. I got mine a long time ago... before Al Gore invented the Internet, but, of course, I had other distractions... :)

I am addicted to my pc, if Im not online I am doing something on it, studying on it, watching movies on it, playing games on it... its the best invention in the world!! :o Only problem is though, I spend all my time, building sites, reading reviews, searching for jobs, watching movies.. I should really get a life!!But the people who slag us off are the ones who don't use the internet for decent resources or to use it's full potential.

You should also include me in the addiction list. I am a bigtime Internet Addict and love to explore things online. MOst of my time is spent reading things happening around the world be Happenings, Hot news, Technology, Politics, etc etc . Of course the next question will be like what do i use to do to keep me updated.... 1. Google Reader - I use it extensively 2. Google News - My next resource.... If you really want to know how addicted i am in internet you should take a look at one of the post in my blog where i have recorded my spendings online.

Well, i guess i will have to shut down my system and get to the real world. I wish i can ignore all my mails, forum activities, my other interests online, blogs etc.

I think I became addicted to the internet when we had our DSL connected at home. I was downloading a lot of stuff that I couldn't download when we still had dial-up. It also came to a point where I do a lot of chatting over the internet that I rarely go out of the house and play with my neighbor friends. While it helped me ease my cravings for some daily surfing, it also helped me a lot in my assignments in school.As time passed by, I have toned down my usage of the internet. I only use it to check my mails, maybe update my website if I have time, and of course go to trap to gather credits. I'm now working, so I really don't have a lot of time in my hands for other non-work related stuff. We have internet access at work, but I rarely use it for personal stuff.

I used to be very addicted to the internet also, but who knows, maybe it was just that the internet was so slow back then (56k connection) that it took a while to navigate and load pages. I mainly used it for playing online, it was very addictive, with games such as quake and starcraft. I changed all that for music recording and production, thats were all my time goes nowadays.

i get free internet access in my hostel room. so, what i do is, come back from college and stright away sit before the computer. i will get up only for dinner and to go to bed(very late in the night). but, this usuall proceedure (or routine) is not a adiction to me(i think so). because if there is a ny work to be completed the next day, then i have the strenght and courage to not sit before the computer and waste my time(as others say). i can control myself if needed. i sit before the computer and the internet only because i get free internet access and also because i have no other job to do during that time. you know what i do in the internet, i check my mail once in every 5 mins, check out my orkut profile once in 30 mins, serch for some extra information which i can gather regarding the topic which was lectured that day. i try to learn more about that topic( but obly if it interests me). so, pretty well am not wasting my time on the internet). it is for educational purpose(you have to agree to that) only. if anyone of you are addicted ten, please start reading Books. it will help you a lot to divert your attention from the internet for a while. a long term likeness for something less (like reading books) will surely reduce internet addiction. good luck!

The internet is addicting, and the possibilities are endless on the 'tinternet'There will always be something you won't have ever done, sitting on the internet, and with it growing at a rapid speed more and more people are spending their life's on the Net.As much as concerning it is, it's also bad for your health. It's recommended you take a break every once in a while - But I don't follow that advice, as I've already mentioned in my last post... I'm addicted.

I AM VERY MUCH ADDICTED TO NET and my freinds used to call me net-eria(means a net being) i couldn't concentrate on my studies at that time but i worked over it to overcome that addiction now i only spend 10 hours a week on the net only.i think it is not addiction anymore relative to 50+ hours a week which i earlier used to spend on the net and that too on cheap sites.
i think maturity comes only after some experience.

Oh gee, who isn't?

Just kidding

I am somewhat, however, addiction is really defined by the inability to control the amount of time you spend, and not realizing that you have a problem when in fact, you do.

I'd say I spend about 10 hours a week, maybe up to 20 if I have things to do, or very little outside of computer play time. I have been told that I am addicted, however, for many periods, I have abandoned my keyboard all together, so I would say that I am not an addict, but I would leave it open to debate, for I really do enjoy being in control of my life and my body.

Notice from rvalkass:

Fixed Quote tags. You can view a list of all the BBCodes here.

addiction on the other hand is not a negative phrase i think.cause with an addiction, you can improvisize your skill as well.then with your skill, you will be an usefull man,:o

I'm also addicted when it comes to internet. it's very addictive, and I cant say for now that I can stop using it. In fact when it comes to me, I use the internet for 3-5 hours! mygoodness!-Amiel

The internet is addicting, and the possibilities are endless on the 'tinternet'There will always be something you won't have ever done, sitting on the internet, and with it growing at a rapid speed more and more people are spending their life's on the Net.
As much as concerning it is, it's also bad for your health. It's recommended you take a break every once in a while - But I don't follow that advice, as I've already mentioned in my last post... I'm addicted.

yes, constantly people around the world are posting up something, and in most cases its at least new to you. i love how i can find anything with google, especialy with torrents. torrents are awesome, and while being a little fustrating in some cases, i can usualy get what i want downloaded in at least 2-3 days.

and i love how very few topics exist that are not hunt-down-able.

Internet is really addictive.. Very addictive. I usually spend my free time on internet on some networking community and blogging. I also usually watch videos on you tube and imdb. But more than the usual, I used this medium to connect with my loved ones like talking for 5hours on Voice chats. hahaha! That's almost every night. Nothing to worry of it for me being addictive yet its very helpful. Just have some time to focus on the other things, not just on the web. You can do other things while you are connected on the web.