xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Xedos

Do You Go To Gamefaqs?

Do you go to Gamefaqs?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I feel like such a idiot. This has already been posted.

It's okay, it happens ;) . Haha, anyway, to answer your question, I use to use Gamefaqs a lot with my old Nintendo 64...that site was my partner in crime when trying to snag all 120 stars in Super Mario or spending countless hours hunting down Golden Skulltulas in Zelda. A lot of the stuff on their is amazingly comprehensive--a lot of posters put a lot of time and effort into their work. Nowadays, my video game days are dwindling, and I see a lot less of the site. But no doubt, it is still one of the best.

Did you do a typo. I heard its one of the best. Didn't you mean THE best? Its where I go for all my gaming things. From Stars to Shines. It?s the best you can get. You can?t beat it. The best part is the social boards though. Nothing beats them. I wish I could go to LUE. My old account was LUEable but I forgot to sign up damnit. I offen wonder when LUE is going to run out. I mean some people have something like 10 LUEable accounts as storage accounts. It would be very good to see how many LUEable accounts there are. Yet im sure Ceej has more important things to do. ? Xedos. ;)

I've only been to LUE for 5 minutes. It isn't that great it's just like any other social board except that users there over rate it 'cause it's "LUE".

0.o. Ive learnt a lesson. Who edited my topic and made a poll, eh?

0.o. Ive learnt a lesson. Who edited my topic and made a poll, eh?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not a clue who did it. I sure wouldn't have.

Anyway, Gamefaqs.com is probably the best source of free guides, unless you're looking for certain games which weren't released in the U.S. Though, that's why you have to be good enough to play them anyway. ;)

I go there all the time since they had a FAQ on every single game i needed some help on, and their site is not cluttered with ads and popups like other sites. But I think most of the discussions on the boards there are retarded...

>_> yup. Latly though, with the account upgrade system, I got sent to purgatory.. and I can't remember my sign in email adress.So, no more lue for Glazun. Doesn't really matter though.. LUE didn't seem that good. Most of the good stuff is else were :rolleyes:But, yeah, gamefaqs has some cool boards.. the source loads fast, even IF they do look crap now.. it's great for faqs and stuff, but I try to avoid faqs.. I fail.. but I try.I'm a regular at the Irish Board (322) , used to go to RI, but, I was too random.. -sighs--pogos out of topic on a pink toaster-

I must admit I do go to the site and check guides for whichever games I am playing. The hard part is resisting the temptation to read them at the start, but I have found it is much more fun to have a go at getting through the game without help the first time, and then, as people here have said, using the guide to discover all the hidden parts of a game. If I've gone and bought a game I might as well get as much value out of it as i can after all. :rolleyes:

I must admit I do go to the site and check guides for whichever games I am playing. The hard part is resisting the temptation to read them at the start, but I have found it is much more fun to have a go at getting through the game without help the first time, and then, as people here have said, using the guide to discover all the hidden parts of a game. If I've gone and bought a game I might as well get as much value out of it as i can after all.  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey! Me too! I never ever check a faq when I'm playing a game the first time through. I feel it ruins the feeling you get from playing it the first time. I only look at faqs when I'm totally stumped or if it's my second time around and I wanna get all the hidden items and whatnot. The boards themselves aren't really that bad...you just have to find the good ones. >_> Though, I don't think I've found any...I'm a regular at the FFX-2 social board and I often frequent the Paranormal/Conspiracy board as well. LUE is quite over-rated. It really isn't that great...=/ But anyways, Gamefaqs really is a great site. I don't see why people hate on CjayC either. I mean, he's basically just following the rules and trying to keep it a place where anyone can go to and enjoy themselves. Although, I wish I could get my 2 years of karmas worth....

I've only ever really browsed the guides rather than the boards there. I have joined boards for a few games, but they usually tend to be run by whoever publishes the game. As you say, it's just a matter of finding a decent place with decent people. Even then though, I prefer, if I can manage it and have the time, to explore a game myself as much as I can before going for help. If anyone here plays the myst games or similar they will undertsnad just how frustrating that can get sometimes.

It's really the only game site I ever use. I'm working on a FAQ as we speak, in fact. In my opinion, user submitted websites tend to be far better than corporate garbage. I mean, look at wikimedia. It's leagues beyond anything Encyclopedia Britanica could do. I sometimes go to Happy Puppy's. I remember when the puppy didn't have a black eye and actually WAS happy--does anybody other than me remember the old, old Happy Puppy from ~'95?