xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
elzako

Anyone Play Xbox Live?

I've played on Xbox Live, but for the most part, I was disappointed with the experience, with emphasis on online play for Halo 2.

One thing's for sure: I would not let ANYONE under 17 play Halo 2 on XBL. I'm sure it's similar for a lot of games that have live voice communication.

People are rude, crude, and even downright inhumane. The Halo matchmaking games that I play on XBL are riddled with foul-mouthed KIDS that scream out racial slurs, swears, and other hateful obscenities. Very rarely did I actually find a game without some 13-year-old calling me a n*gg*r or some other ignorant word. It's horrible to think that kids, nevermind the adults, can be so - not just ignorant - but almost primitive. The trash-talk is relentless, whether the player is even winning or losing. It would be awesome if you could mute everyone at once, but to do that would require you to mute individual players while in-game... or play the game muted.

But enough about the obscenities. :)

Of course, there are my pet peeves. Screaming pre-teenagers that whine and attach to you if you show even an ounce of being a decent player; "de-levelers," who are players that purposely drop skill levels by dying intentionally so that they can play against less-skilled opponents (with ease, of course); standby-ers, hackers, and other cheaters that completely kill the fun out of the game; lag from other players or even myself; and all this for $50 a year? I'm a very competitive person, but I can also play for fun. When the fun is nixed by lag and cheating and constantly losing to people that do nothing but play the darn game (as opposed to occasional players like me), I find no incentive to shell out money for the service, even though I have many friends that are on XBL. (I just use the free-trial cards.) :)

I'd rather get on XBC (Xbox Connect) or play games online on my PC... for free.

Anybody got experiences they want to share?

I will be using it religiously once my dad gets internet again...I love online gaming its so fun... and yes, there are those people that act 90% retarded, but whatever.... I just ignore them...

I play halo3, bf, n bf2 online n i also play halo2 oxbl but i cheat with mods lol n fooling servers :D soo you probably dun wanna play against me LOL :o sad no more victems...juz lots of victems :D

I've only played the Halo series on XBOX Live. Although my brother and co tend to play the Wii more, so apart from being on here, MMORPG, work and other things, I'm on the Nintendo Wii.