xisto Community
Jephthah

Jephthah's Domain Tell me what you think

I have my own website that I've had for 2 or 3 years. I still haven't really decided what it's about or what it's for. I just put up random things that I get interested in. That in itself might make it not very good since it doesn't really have a focus, but oh well. It started as an independent study in my English class to teach myself HTML, and I just never had the heart to give it up. Since then I've learned a little PHP and made some databases to use with it. I've put a lot of work into this site, and I always like to hear input about it. I definitely know that it isn't the best website out there (despite what I might say every now and then :)), and I'm welcome to constructive criticism.

So, tell me what you think! :)

EDIT: That's a good idea. LOL... here we go:

http://www.jephthahs-domain.com/

Edited by Jephthah (see edit history)

It seems that you missed placing the URL of your web site into the Posting above. It might be a good idea to do that by an edit to your posting.

First off, the design isn't that great (probably know and some people would say it anyways). Personally, I think blue and black does not go together, but someways it does. I have to say, your site is organized -- a plus. Unquie buttons, different colors on each page, and able to read by the selected colors. HAHA! Randomness threads is quite interesting I have to say. Some of things you posted I wouldn't guess of thinking nor writing about it. Keanu Charles Reeves, never heard of him nor thought he was in matrix movies. Quotes on different subjects is good! good!overal score: 8/10 (might have been little bit generous :) )

I kind of like it. And black goes with any contrasting color. :) Things are random, as you noted. But the site itself seems fairly well organized. I especially like the graphic buttons across the top. Overall I would give you an 8 out of 10 also. But then, I am not a critic. :) Edited by Mich (see edit history)

I dont really like the design to be honest, It looks kinda boring and too generic with just black background and blue boxes as containers. I like all the content you have though it shows alot of work has been put in and the use of tables too you are very patient and good to be able to build table layouts :). I never realy finished a table site or even a full site yet ; ;. Overall good job on a nice site.

Thank you for the replies! I realize it's not the most flashy website out there. You should have seen the first layout I had... this is a fairly drastic improvement. During this summer I'm planning on redesigning it so it's not so black and it's more appealing to the eye. Ideally, it'd be nice when you see it you think, "Oh, cool!" That's a pretty lofty goal, but that's what I'm hoping.Thanks again! :o