xisto Community
xavierkym

How About X10hosting?

This was my previous host.. :)

I thought that this host was very good for the package they are giving to you with the type of things you have to do for those. I say they are a very good freehost. My only problem is that their new server has had some downtime, which apparently is mentioned to be better than their last server. So besides that, here are a few really good things that this host has to offer: I use Dreamweaver 8 for all my FTP uploading, and so far a few glitches have occurred, but it is all good and fine when I realized what you had to do. The FTP is faster than most hosts, and on average for WordPress 2.1.3 the whole file with all the directories takes less than 5 minutes to upload there. Also the host does have very good PHP packages, but in all fairness they do not give them to you unless you state why you should have a more featured PHP server. I would also like to mention that this host has a really cool, nice, up-to-date cPanel control panel. You can get all sorts of new different features from the everyday hosts that use older versions. And not only that, but this host has good space requirements; they have 3 free hosting packages. The one that you need to stick a banner advert into gives you everything with 2500 MB space and 45000 MB bandwidth. I am very happy with this package and I am not complaining about the adverts, as they are the right type for my website. Anyway to sum up about this host, I think they are very good at trying to keep good customer care. When one of their hosts or something odd happens, they are always on the forums saying what's just happened. They are good with lots of nifty features and so on.

I have used X10Hosting and I am fairly satisfied with it as well. I just do not like the ads though. The host is good and gives a lot of memory and bandwith for just a banner. You have to request for different PHP packages though and the intermediate one is required for most applications. I was surprised nobody has posted about this host.

You actually think that they're good?

They're a horrible host, they seem great and all until they delete your site because you're "running up their cpu usage", when you have 1 member to your forum.

That was the first time I was with them, the second time my site was suspended because they said "You must have the ad on all pages", When I had the ad on the under construction page, and hadn't even uploaded any content.

On top of that, go on and try to install an ipb forum or forum similar to that. See all of the "memory exceeded errors" you'll get. Bad host, bad services, bad support. Good for the newbie, not good for the average user :)

They don't have that much downtime, but I don't like their admins. I flat out do not like the people who run the host, and would not trust them one bit.

I'll do a feature rating analysis based on my feature rating system:

Name: X10Hosting

Web space: 300 MB

Bandwidth: 10 GB (10240 MB)

Filesize limit: -

File limit: -

URL Type: Domain or Subdomain

Upload Method: FTP, Browser

Forced Ads?: Banner (728x90) - top (If no details about ads are given and ads are present, this is assumed.)

Scripting: CGI, PHP, ASP, SSI, FrontPage Extensions, Perl, Python. (*free-webhosts.com review.)

Databases: MySQL

Miscellaneous: 11 "other" features (*according to Free-Webhosts.com)

Penalties: Forum posting required.

Total score: 0.43055857774619282877648985989815 (34.44%)

So X10 does have a pretty low rating.

Edited by tricky77puzzle (see edit history)

I would use these, but there is some downtime.

Ye... quite tru. X10hosting is very good but they have some downtime and they aren't reliable YET! You see, there has been many many hosts like x10 before but none of them ran for 1year continous - they either had their serices reduced or broke down and found some really lame excuses like "our server got hacked!"

Well... I hope this doesn't happen with x10hosting!

I'll do a feature rating analysis based on my feature rating system:

Name: X10Hosting

Web space: 300 MB

Bandwidth: 10 GB (10240 MB)

Filesize limit: -

File limit: -

URL Type: Domain or Subdomain

Upload Method: FTP, Browser

Forced Ads?: Banner (728x90) - top (If no details about ads are given and ads are present, this is assumed.)

Scripting: CGI, PHP, ASP, SSI, FrontPage Extensions, Perl, Python. (*free-webhosts.com review.)

Databases: MySQL

Miscellaneous: 11 "other" features (*according to Free-Webhosts.com)

Penalties: Forum posting required.

Total score: 0.43055857774619282877648985989815 (34.44%)

So X10 does have a pretty low rating.

I don't know where you got those ratings but x10 is one of the best hosts in free-webhosts.com. I've been a member for a while and knows and I think they are pretty good webhost. The ratings you presented above is for the adfree package so I think you are wrong with the banner advertisement, no force ads on the adfree package. The advanced package require only text advertisement (a three word phrase) which you can put any where you like in your site. And they don't require forum posting to keep you active.

About the downtime I think they were ok untill they decided to move to a better server which resulted in those downtimes. But I still think their hosting is good as far as free hosting is concern

Free Directory Posting

Eh...Well, anyways, I had trouble with them. I registered, but my account was never created after it said it was. When I tried to log in, it rejected my username. Then, when I asked for help, they told me to wait for servers to settle. Later I heard it had nothing to do with the servers. :P

Frankly speaking i had problems with then as i did not like their service.I had problem in upgrading my Php and failed many scripts to run so i rate it low.