xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Movie Review: Cloverfield

Before I get into my movie review I have to say I was a bit upset that hey took out the pinball machines at the movie theater and no NACHOS AGAIN!!! I had to eat stale junior mints which I wasn't to please with and twizzler's with a 32 oz. dew as my usual movie snack.

Ok now for the first movie review of 2008, and say this most of the rumors are false and this is a new monster, and sadly this movie was over-hyped especially in 3rd person view that most of this movie was in, well ok the whole movie was in.

When it did come to the action sequences they were awesome especially when the military was launching everything at this beast, and lets just say New York sure wasn't the same. Now of course the question is will their be a sequel to this movie because its ones of those movies that have so many unanswered questions like, "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?" "WHERE DID THAT THING COME FROM?" etc etc. Me personally I would rather have seen more action then they showed especially with the fire fights, I would say a combination of Godzilla 2000, War of the Worlds, and the Future of the Terminator movies combine, and a little bit of Black Hawk Down as well.

When I was checking out website to see what this movie about I saw a common question, and it did come with an answer, Will it be over-hyped? The answer is yes and of course my response is up top. However, its still worth seeing since it was still an awesome movie, just not like everyone was hoping it would be, and so I would give this movie a 9.3/10 just because it was new creative, and we could see a nice little franchise if they do continue with this movie.

Now for the bank roll, and even though I have been wrong on opening weekend at the box office the way this movie set up I have to put in the $90.000,000-$100,000,000 range with it run not breaking the $150,000,000 ange.

Movie Previews

Hell Boy 2 - should be a interesting sequel since their seems to be more then the first movie.

The Ruins - OOOOOH!!! scary Aztec sacrifice temple with who knows what

Star Trek 11 - SWEEEEEEEEEET!!! December 2008, and nice teaser trailer with the voice of Spock speaking the famous words of "Space the final frontier", hopefully this will be the movie that brings Star Trek back after the flops of TNG crew. Should be some interesting trailers in the coming months.

Well thats my review and enjoy the weekend.

Ahhhhh lame. I remember spending most of the week trying to come up with what the heck that monster could possibly be and it turns out to be some random made up fairy tale thing? And also I never really liked those all-action no-story movies that you said this was. I like extremely complicated story lines that you have to figure out, not wanna be ones that they just seem to throw together and don't tell you anything.

Are you kidding I loved this movie. brilliant advertising strategy. One the opening night this movie made 16,000,000. that is 60% of what it cost to make. by the end of that weekend they had double what they spend to make the movie. I haven't checked yet but i am sure it tripled by the end of the week.but what i am getting at is that this movie created so much hype and brought the word imagination back into our lives. Think about the last movie that showed you that much action and story without giving you any details what so ever, of couse other that the internet speculations.The monster, completely original. It reminded me of a walking bat without wings. very cool.I will loose all respect for this movie though if they make a sequel that is shot the same as the first. the producer is already talking about it. supposedly already made just not marketed.anyway those are my thoughts.

Edited by arza1 (see edit history)

Cloverfield You suffer badly from sea? Hated the room by hand? Then been to the wide one from Cloverfield, history of a group of friends that are searching the woman loved from one of them, in one New besieged nocturnal York from a gigantic and frightening monster. All the travel is documented from the digital video camera that one of them has in hand and that goodbye festivity would be served in order to resume one. The idea begins them of the film was good, the invasion from part of a monster disowned told from a point of view much partial one, from only an visual one, that one of a group of persons who try to escape, but the history loses interest soon, why the history becomes less and less credible. Instead trying the escape the protagonists throw themselves towards the monster in order to catch up a friend imprisoned in her apartment, converse that they accompany the travel are to say little, the protagonists from normal human beings transform themselves soon in rising of superman, succeeding to go up 57 plans on foot,, attack to you in the dusk from monster orribles they react. But they are not nothing to comparison of the digital room them that she resumes the history, the battery are inexhaustible, are indestructible, have the nocturnal vision and one clearness of incredible image... Sure these can be considerations superfluous in a film that it wants to only amuse, to entertain, nevertheless it is a sin that has not been attempted to more realize a cured history, because the action scenes are made much good, the beginning of their escape and the attack to the bridge leaves without breath. Optimal also the choice of the times, the start is slow, but it introduces the personages well, in order then to pass to a phrenetic action convulsa and, then newly the quiet action in order to be surprised itself in way still more unexpected. Perfect instead the promotion of the film, J.J. Abrams has made every so often to decrease one coltre smoky around all the plan, launch some message sibillino approximately the content of the history. The strategy has worked therefore well that in the first week end of programming American the film has embedded 48 million dollars in 4 days.

I think this was one of the best movies of the year. most of the budget went to the CG and animations (so did about 80% of the end credits) which goes to show what low-budget camera work can do for you.The biggest complaint I've heard is that you never really find out about the monster.When are people going to figure out that the movie's about the people, not the monster. The monster is, as it is said in classical literature, machinery. That is, it's merely there to move the story along. You could have the same basic concept with, let's say, a Russian invasion or terrorist attack.The movie's about the people and their reactions.The only downside to going to see this movie, was that my mom got sick and barfed in the popcorn. i was terribly hungery for nearly half of the movie.Oh well.

I just watched this movie last night and I have to say its a great movie. Sure not everyone will like it but I think it was original and made well. It was a good Sci-Fi in my opinion and I tend to watch many of them. OK the monster was just totally awesome looking and I don't think I would of created him any other way if I was to be the artist or designer of it. Great job there. What I think happened is this. At the start that alien thing came in a big *bottom* space ship or capsule that landed in the ocean near NYC or what ever, thats what caused that tremor and the lights to go out for a moment at the start. The ship in the water capsized or what ever as stated in the news report from that impact and because its night they don't see or notice anything else. Now this thing starts to wake up and the first thing it sees is the statue of liberty so what does he do lol. He rips its head off and tosses it around at our stinking human buildings and all the chaos begins. Now the military starts soiling their pants if they haven't already knowing that something alien has landed and about to wipe out everything on this planet considering its size and strength. Their bombs and missiles do nothing to it. You don't ever see a scratch on it ever I think through out the entire movie. He must have some mad armor skin and mega regeneration or something :D. At home base the aliens are watching and cheering their solder on as they know we don't stand a chance. NYC in a few days then everyone else after. The time line in the move goes on for 7+ more hours I believe and at this stage I think they should of started using nukes on it or something. Obviously the regular bombs don't even phase it. The rest of the world should of known whats going down and started sending their nukes over who cares of they kill a few people still stuck in the city right if they get a chance to take out the monster now before it comes for them. Thats what I would be thinking.What do you think? :D

Before I get into my movie review I have to say I was a bit upset that hey took out the pinball machines at the movie theater and no NACHOS AGAIN!!! I had to eat stale junior mints which I wasn't to please with and twizzler's with a 32 oz. dew as my usual movie snack.

Ok now for the first movie review of 2008, and say this most of the rumors are false and this is a new monster, and sadly this movie was over-hyped especially in 3rd person view that most of this movie was in, well ok the whole movie was in.

When it did come to the action sequences they were awesome especially when the military was launching everything at this beast, and lets just say New York sure wasn't the same. Now of course the question is will their be a sequel to this movie because its ones of those movies that have so many unanswered questions like, "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?" "WHERE DID THAT THING COME FROM?" etc etc. Me personally I would rather have seen more action then they showed especially with the fire fights, I would say a combination of Godzilla 2000, War of the Worlds, and the Future of the Terminator movies combine, and a little bit of Black Hawk Down as well.

When I was checking out website to see what this movie about I saw a common question, and it did come with an answer, Will it be over-hyped? The answer is yes and of course my response is up top. However, its still worth seeing since it was still an awesome movie, just not like everyone was hoping it would be, and so I would give this movie a 9.3/10 just because it was new creative, and we could see a nice little franchise if they do continue with this movie.

Now for the bank roll, and even though I have been wrong on opening weekend at the box office the way this movie set up I have to put in the $90.000,000-$100,000,000 range with it run not breaking the $150,000,000 ange.

Movie Previews

Hell Boy 2 - should be a interesting sequel since their seems to be more then the first movie.

The Ruins - OOOOOH!!! scary Aztec sacrifice temple with who knows what

Star Trek 11 - SWEEEEEEEEEET!!! December 2008, and nice teaser trailer with the voice of Spock speaking the famous words of "Space the final frontier", hopefully this will be the movie that brings Star Trek back after the flops of TNG crew. Should be some interesting trailers in the coming months.

Well thats my review and enjoy the weekend.

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie... it was utterly amazing! It is one of the best movies I have ever seen, and I agree with the majority of your review.

I definitely enjoyed the action sequences, the were visually orgasmic! :D

Sadly, my parents won't watch it... why you ask?

"The camera is too shaky"

8|.... dude... that is the most retarded thing I've ever heard them say...

I really enjoyed this movie. I like the whole direction that the producers/director took with the whole 'it could happen in real life' thing with the camera. It gave you a sense that you were actually watching confidential video of recovered footage from a monster attack. The monsters were definitely unique. It's not like other movies where there are monsters and only a couple people are killed, but rather many people including lead actors/actresses die in this movie - which gives a sense of realism. I heard that there might be a second cloverfield but i guess we'll have to wait and see.