xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
djstarskream

How To Obtain The Porta/slide Effect In Fl Studio

Ok welcome to my tutorial.

Covering/ The Porta Efect how to obtaine it.

Skill level needed/ anny

plugin used/ sytrus

platform / fruity loops

I am going to attempt to create this tutorial in this simplest manny to understand.

i tent to detale to much.

recently a freind of mine aske me how i obtained the porta or outherwise known as slideing efect

in one of my songs. well its rather simple really,

the porta/slide efect can be heard here i have added backgound noize for copywirte puposes.porta_01_mp3_.mp3

first thing to no is that its not as hard as you think to use an efect as this.

there are manny ways to create it but for this tutorial i will show you one of those ways.

ok to start paste the midi file into your pianoroll (download herepotra_01_midi_.zip)

secondly replace the current setting with sytrus (a standard fruity loops plugin)

to do this rite click the box to the left of the pianoroll and hover over the option of replace

to show anouther window.

in this window simply select the vst plugin calld sytrus.

Posted Image

above is an image of sytrus as we will need to change one thing on it,

next thing you want to do is select whats known as the key voice. in highlited above in the color

pink is the navigation for sytrus rite click it and select the key voice calld Basic Subtracting 2

highlited in yellow is the modulation pannel of sytrus. simply drag the crosshair to the point X

(detaled in image as yellow cercle). thats it for sytrus next is the actual porta efect.

click on the left pannel next to the blue highlighted box to bring up the channel setting sampler.

(channel sampler image below)

Posted Image

now click the tab calld misc (middle tab)

now here highlighted in the image as red is the porta settings.

im not going into to much detale infact im just going to get you to set it to a position i prefer.

this way you can messaround a bit with it to get used to the strngth of the efect.

ok turn the blue highlited dial to half way 50% with the white line facing up.

(allways make sure that the check box nex to the word porta is highlited by orange/selected)

now play your mellody and there you have it if followd correctly you should have acheved the porta

efect.

Anny questions please post below.