xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ridwans

Need Help With My Mainboard Asus P4800 Se

i need helpmy motherboard ASUS P4800 SE got problemit canot display anything in monitor and have not sound outi have installed a mini speaker in right PINbut no soundbut when i remove memory from mainboard i hear sound : 1x long sound and 2x short sound and no stopmy memory is : DDR kingston 512 MBand VGA is ATI radeon i have try with another memory and VGA but it same canot display anything pleasehelp mee

Well as for the POST sounds indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any information. In other words their is something with your video card or your on board video card, which means that you might have to try you video card on another motherboard, or replace your motherboard altogether. Just finish reading the rest of the problem and if your connecting everything properly that means your motherboard is the problem so RMA to get it replace.

Then yeah its your motherboard then, most likely you did something during the installation of the hardware or when you were switching out something, did you check to make sure your cables were connected? I would double check that and see if you can smell any burning smells around your motherboard and if you do you fried it.

but when i remove memory from mainboard i hear sound : 1x long sound and 2x short sound and no stop

Upon searching Google, I found your motherboard has AMI BIOS (correct me if I'm wrong), and that 1 long and 2 short beeps means video failure.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Now, when did the computer stop working, and what did you do that you can remember before hand? How did you get it to boot its last time? If you can, try to get into BIOS and disable onboard video manually, if you haven't done so. Also, what type of interface are you using to connect your other video card in (AGP, PCI, PCI-Express)? If you're trying to use a PCI, I recommend you try to use an AGP instead, as for some unknown reason I kept getting a problem where a computer just wouldn't detect a PCI video card. Hope this helps, and tell us how things go.
Edited by dre (see edit history)