xisto Community
iibbssee

Dominos Delivery Marketing Scam, You Got 30 Minutes

Not sure about the rest of the world where Dominos is located, but in the USA, Dominos has started a whole new marketing campaign around the whole "You Got 30 Minutes" idea. I was curious as to what they meant. I knew that in the past, they had an offer where if your pizza was delivered in over 30 minutes, you get it for free. So, is this another one of these deals?

Well, their website has a disclaimer about this. On https://www.dominos.com/en/ if you look at the bottom of the page, you will see a legal disclaimer about the whole "You Got 30 Minutes" deal. It says:

Because safety is a priority "You Got 30 Minutes™" is not a guarantee but an estimate. You may get more. Must ask for offer. Minimum order required for delivery.

This means that there's not even a guarantee that you'll get your piza in 30 minutes, because they can just say that safety was a priority when delivering your pizza. So what does this offer to the consumer? I guess it means that Dominos will try their very best to get you your pizza in 30 minutes.

So, if you're trying to get a free pizza from Dominos, this might not be the way to do it.

Not sure about the rest of the world where Dominos is located, but in the USA, Dominos has started a whole new marketing campaign around the whole "You Got 30 Minutes" idea. I was curious as to what they meant. I knew that in the past, they had an offer where if your pizza was delivered in over 30 minutes, you get it for free. So, is this another one of these deals?
Well, their website has a disclaimer about this. On https://www.dominos.com/en/ if you look at the bottom of the page, you will see a legal disclaimer about the whole "You Got 30 Minutes" deal. It says:

Because safety is a priority "You Got 30 Minutes" is not a guarantee but an estimate. You may get more. Must ask for offer. Minimum order required for delivery.

This means that there's not even a guarantee that you'll get your piza in 30 minutes, because they can just say that safety was a priority when delivering your pizza. So what does this offer to the consumer? I guess it means that Dominos will try their very best to get you your pizza in 30 minutes.

So, if you're trying to get a free pizza from Dominos, this might not be the way to do it.

see i love how there is always a catch to those things but you have to read the fine print! Pizza Hut didn't have that sort of thing but one time it took pizza hut an hour and a half to get us our pizza so we got all the things for free which included 3 pizzas 4 boxes of wings 2 boxes of bread sticks 2 liters of soda and since we waiting an hour and a half we got 4 boxes of cinna stix free! hehe :) they lost about $100 of profit! AND we didn't tip the deliver guy. he was all like i'm sorry about your order. and we were like yea w/e haha. so he went back to get the cinna stix and brought the manager with him and the manager waslike you don't have to pay for this meal pizza hut will pay for it. and then we were like ok thank you and then he was like please take these free cinna stix. and i was in the back ground and screamed "SCORE!!!" :)

Yeah, Pizza Hut is good. We also ordered from Pizza Hut delivery once and the delivery person was delayed due to a road accident en route to us. (No, he wasn't involved but it did knot up the traffic, effectively delaying him 20 minutes) They didn't have to bring the manager, though. The guy himself said it's free.Actually, we're pretty humanitarian (or my family was) so we asked him if there's any penalty for him for delivering it late. He replied, though, that he won't have to suffer for it. After all, the accident was, well, unanticipated, as accidents are wont to be :) Anyway, the management pays for it so we can, at least, bite into our pizza in peace and without guilt.As a side note, we know of a certain chicken et al fastfood that makes a habit of penalizing its employees heavily. Oh, never mind what I said.Anyway, it really sucks that Domino's are gonna pull of a cheap trick like that. I mean, not all people who avail of their service are aware of the loophole. And not all people actually surf webpages of pizza companies. If they're gonna make promises, they better make sure they fulfill them and not come up with lame excuses like "Oh, the roads were slick and wet and it was unsafe." In my opinion, it should be a calculated risk for any sensible pizza delivery service, not a marketing ploy to lure people into thinking they have a chance at free pizza when they don't. Blah!

Actually, what they mean about safety is weather conditions. At least where I live, I talked to my friend what they meant (hes a delivery boy for pizza hut) and he said, when pizza hut did the same thing around here, they had a somewhat same disclaimer, where if its heavy ice, snowing, raining, thunderstorm, lightning, etc, they will not give the pizza free if its past 30 minutes because of safety reasons, but they would for regular sunny days, (or winter days for that matter) with little or no risk to safety.

Actually, what they mean about safety is weather conditions. At least where I live, I talked to my friend what they meant (hes a delivery boy for pizza hut) and he said, when pizza hut did the same thing around here, they had a somewhat same disclaimer, where if its heavy ice, snowing, raining, thunderstorm, lightning, etc, they will not give the pizza free if its past 30 minutes because of safety reasons, but they would for regular sunny days, (or winter days for that matter) with little or no risk to safety.

Hmmn... I gotta admit, we have never tried ordering pizza on washing days... maybe I should try it sometime. Still, who on earth eats pizza during cold or wet weather?

Oh well, maybe there's something in it that I'd only find out if I try :)

h jus read a similar article on the complaints board. fight the power!

Domino's PizzaOn Saturday night October 20th, 2007 we ordered a medium sausage pizza and were going to redeem a $5.00 gift certificate, which by-the-way was sent to us following a previous poor quality experience with Dominos. The grand total of this purchase was to be $8.66 counting the gift certificate.
When the delivery driver arrived he could not speak a work of English and became annoyed when he realized I didnt speak his language. But thats another issue. He had no idea that he was supposed to pick up the gift certificate and get only $8.66. He kept demanding, through primitive sign language that I pay the total $13.00 dollars for this pizza. I paid due to the fact my daughter and I were hungry and it was late enough that going out was not an option. Obviously I did not leave a tip for this person. When I opened the box the pizza was cold. I called the story back where I purchased it and was transferred to customer service. The customer service rep who I spoke with had the voice of a 15 year old and claimed to be a manager. His disposition as well as lack of tack immediately indicated that he was no manager. After explaining the situation I asked that I receive my satisfaction guaranteed or your money back guarantee. He asked how much of the product was left; I told him my daughter had already eaten two pieces. He would not honor their guarantee saying that the product was not whole. I demanded, and was able to speak with his supervisor. (She) had the voice of a 19 year old had the demeanor of such. She proceeded to tell me the exact thing the previous rep said. I was then placed on hold for 10 minutes. She came back and explained that Dominos would not fulfill their written pledge as part of the pizza was eaten. This basic argument went on and on for another 10 minutes, when again I was placed on hold with her saying, Let me try to make this good. Another 10 minutes, the same argument ensued. She would refund my money and take the pizza back. I told her this was the 2nd time I received lousy service from Dominos and then demanded that the pizza be comped due to the amount time spent trying to resolve this simple thirteen dollar dilemma. She argued it was not D
ominos policy to do that. I told her that Dominos broke their written promise and I was going to call the BBB and file a complaint as well as contact their corporate office and provide a tape recorded copy of the conversation. The outcome was that she said Dominos would not deliver to us any longer and the pizza would be comped and the purchase amount refunded within 4 business days. I am sure that one person refusing to ever do business with Dominos Pizza will not bother them. But I hope if more people provide feedback Dominos will get their act together.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Material from other sources must be inside Quote bbcode as per the Xisto Readme.
Board Rules

That' is pretty much what hte disclaimer is about as I have read similar stuff about this disclaimer, because it seems after this little rule went into effect many pizza drivers have gotten into accidents, regardless of weather, and some even fatal and so that disclaim was put into effect. Really if you can't wait 35-40 minutes then just go to pizza place and pick it up, because really I think people would start suing these places for endangering lives and all that junk. Of course I don't think anyone would appreciate having the pizza guys car inside your house in a bad snow storm :).Speaking of which,, ***crashes into house with pizza car*** :)I know no one wants to cause harm to the pizza delivery guy's so be patient, and remember nothing is a guarantee except for a yummy pizza on a cold night, or a cold pizza early in the morning. Heck I remember calling one night and they were so busy that it was a 2 hour wait, and so they kindly suggested to go somewhere else :P

safety IS a good reason

Dominos Delivery Marketing Scam, You Got 30 Minutes

There's been delivery drivers hit by trains trying to make the time guarantee. If they were to go back to the archaic days of free pizza time guarantees you can bet the estimated time would always be closer to an hour. Delivery ranges are getting cropped left and right cause nobody thinks you need to tip a delivery guy, like the company just fills our gas tanks for us? Most drivers don't get paid but minimum wage, and we only get a dollar per run for gas.

-reply by pizzaman

Pizza Hut in Australia some years ago had a "Lunchtime Pan Pizza" deal.They would knock out 6 inch pizzas at lunch time and if your pizza didn't arrive in 10 minutes it was free. All you needed to do was pay for your drinks and salads if you ordered them.We used to go there many a busy lunch time and fill a table of 10 or 12 people, all order and they'd drop the timer on the table to countdown the 10 minutes. Most times we would eat for free. One of the guys "borrowed" a timer that the server left for us, so we would take that with us, set the timer going about and then call a waiter to take our order. They would then bring a timer and we would switch timers for the one that already had 3 minutes elapsed.We must have cost them quite a decent chunk of cassh over the 12 months they ran that promotion for.

Really it's just like everything else...It's something that people read and say "OH WOW, I GET IT!" without even paying attention to what it really means.It's like the places where you get $10 free if they forget to give you your receipt. There are even usually some stipulations on that. I guess it's the whole "I know everything" thing that people go through, where they assume that anything that is said is 100% correct, when in all actuality that is not always the case.

Replying to iibbsseeYo man, if you want a free pizza, you need to go to the grocery store and steal one, because that's how you get something free. However if you are not into theft, maybe you can call dominoes after you get your pizza and tell them it sucks and you want your money back. Fraud and deception may be more your type of crime if you don't have the balls for theft. Or to put this another way, grow up you little punk!For the most part Dominoes does a good job of getting the pizza on time, and for the most part they are okay when it comes to overall taste. It's no comparison to a brick oven or wood burining oven Chicago style or New York Style pie, but I don't set my self up to expect that when I order from them I know I get a pretty decent pizza a good price and if the driver hustle's and brings parmesan cheese (not peppers Frank you smuck I said cheese) I tip them a two, three, or four bucks. Seriously kid, you try driving in traffic with 5 pies and let's see how you do - accident boy.:) P.S. Get a job!

but it's really thru here in philippines. have tried one once and haven't tried it again because of consideration to the workers.it happens when their branch is just 100 meters away from us and they delivered it 50 minutes. there promo then if they don't deliver in 30mins you get your next pizza free. and they did. but the funny thing is that the free pizza delivered is also late and they just offered a discount on the next one.maybe this is why there are no more/less branches of dominos here.

I must say that you made a very good find. It seems like all companies that are using those marketing tools have catches to them.A lot of places even stopped theirs. I remember things at local grocery stores where it was like "We will give you $5 if we fail to give you your receipt." Those lasted for a short period and then ended up becoming non-existant.A few even did things like "If we fail to check the bottom of your basket we will give you" and whatever extra they wanted to put there. It ended up getting pulled off their "honor" list because they weren't checking baskets if there was nothing there, and people learned that too quick.I think the issues with these things are not so much the people who are legitimately reporting things to get the rewards, but those who are doing it to cheat the system.Take Blockbuster for example. If you are looking at one of their "hot movies" and they do not have it in stock you can get a rain check and rent it later for free. So people will travel there daily or have friends that work there that will tell them whether movies are in stock or not and give them the free certificates. To me that is cheating the system, because it's meant for the people who traveled there EXPECTING to find the movie and did not.

I think it was made illegal to pressure drivers to deliver a pizza within a certain time frame. Beuase if they give you a free pizza or give you a discount that is a loss to the company. Most people when they work feel bad or disloyal if their conduct causes a loss of profit to the company, thus causing them take extra measures to ensure that these types of things don't happen, of course managers would be even more intense with speed if the stakes were high. but like the slogan says "You Got 30 Minutes" so when they show up earlier than 30 minutes and ask you to pay for the pizza just say wtf I thought I had 30 minutes. lol