xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
demonatashadow

Dream Of Mirror Online

Note to moderators: All the information on this page is taken directly from the Dream of Mirror Online (DOMO) official website and its forums. A large amount of the information has been copied directly from the website. Aeria Games & Entertainment has given permission for this information to be used.
Dream of Mirror Online (DOMO) is a social massively multiplayer online role-playing game themed around the ancient Oriental myth of the Kunlun Mirror. It was created Softstar and published in North America by Aeria Games & Entertainment, Inc.Players enter an anime-inspired world to socialize and form friendships, learn crafting skills and level up, all within the quest of trying to solve the riddle of the ancient myth.

Contents
1 Features
2 DOMO & the Kunlun Mirror Myth
3 Races
4 Professions
5 Flying in DOMO
6 Relationship & Destiny/Fate System
6.1 Relationships
6.2 Destiny/Fate
7 Stance on Worldwide service
8 Notes and references
9 External links

Features
Extensive Customization Players can choose from a wide variety of hairstyles, costumes, and features for each character, allowing each player to show his or her uniqueness.
Robust Crafting System Players can choose from 6 skills meditation, mining, herding, farming and forestry.
Rich Social Features DOMO promotes interactions among players. Players have special bonds with others, such as master/disciple, lovers and friends.
Realistic Pet System Players have the ability to nurture and earn the loyalty of various pets. Loyal pets can help their masters in battle and life; disgruntled ones can quickly desert their owners.
Multiple Class Qualifications - You can qualify for ALL of the jobs in the game and combine the various skills from each, essentially creating your own unique classes!

DOMO & the Kunlun Mirror Myth
Based on ancient Chinese mythology, Dream of Mirror Online is a world that features sacred artifacts. Central to the story is the sacred artifact "the Kunlun Mirror." According to the legends, the Kunlun Mirror not only created the world, but also has the power to destroy it.

The Kunlun Mirror was originally created to record everything. The Kunlun Mirror reflects the real world and saves a copy of everything over to the Kunlun Mirror world. Time does not exist in the Kunlun Mirror world, only in memories. The managers of the Kunlun Mirror world, the Twelve Mirror Kings, are responsible for the care and operation of the Kunlun Mirror world.

Enter the world in the mirror to help the Mirror Kings

No one knows when it happened, but the Kunlun Mirror lost some of its clarity and is unable to precisely reflect reality. Adding to this trouble is the fact that some of the mirror kings have disappeared as well. It is thought that the reason behind these problems is due to the "delusions" created by human beings in the real world. When those "delusions" were reflected in the Kunlun Mirror, they turned into various odd life forms and interfered with the normal operation of the Kunlun Mirror.

To solve the Kunlun Mirror crisis, the mirror kings began calling real-world human beings into the Kunlun Mirror to assist in dealng with the problems created by the delusions in the human mind. This is why players are called to the mirror world.

Since the "delusions" turn into dangerous monsters and ghosts in the Kunlun Mirror world, the mirror kings guarantee that the real world visitors cannot truly die in the Mirror world.

Races
New players to the game have their choice of four races, which, in addition to being male or female, provides 8 basic character models to choose from. These include humans, who are described as friendly and of ordinary capability; Shura, who are cat-people described as aggressive and with great physical prowess; Sylph, spirit-like creatures with high knowledge and wisdom but out of touch with their emotions; and Sprites, who are small and childlike in appearance.

Despite the lengthy descriptions and occupation proficiency given for each race on the official website, they do not significantly, if at all, affect the stats of the player. A Sprite, despite their small size, can be just as competent a Mercenary as a Shura of the same level. This is because the races originally had the implied effects (such as Shura being better at physical attributes and Sylph at mental), but this was phased out before the North American version of the game was released, making the differences mostly cosmetic. It also affects certain dialog with NPCs and determines the village new characters start in.

Professions
In the Dream of Mirror Online, except for the differences in races, genders, and attributes, the characters created by players always start off as "Citizens".

Citizens with "basic occupations" are the building blocks of society. Although they have the opportunity to pick up all combat skills, they are not able to be an expert in those skills without specialized training. Therefore, they usually live ordinary lives with no outstanding accomplishments. With their jobs, Citizens are able to access abundant resources and make a living without worrying about the economy. After some simple civilian militia training, they can protect themselves by teaming up with other Citizens. Of course, after reaching a certain level, Citizens can choose to specialize...

Name Description
Swordsman Swordsman wear light armor in battle and carry larger swords. Movement and attack speeds are slowed because of the bulky gear. However, what they lack in speed, they make up for in power. Swordsmen focus on sword skills that cause heavy damage.
In order to defeat enemies as quickly as possible, Swordsmen are willing to put their lives on the line. They usually cause astonishing numbers of casualties and therefore play the role of front-line attackers

Martial Artist Martial Artists fight with their hands, feet and limbs, pursuing the goal of extreme physical potential. Without the protection of armor, they can move and dodge with great speed. Martial Artists are good at up-close fighting. They use Qigong to assist in combat and enhance their body strength. Sometimes they fight with hand weapons like boxing gloves.
Shaman To common civilians, Shaman are special professionals who provide services to spiritually cleanse and protect their homes. Beyond exorcising ghosts, Shaman can perform special magical attacks by burning charm papers and using spells. The destructive power of their magic is huge and direct. When Shaman perform their magic, they use charm papers as a medium. They can also turn their vital stats into magic powers during crisis to achieve more attacks.
Hunter Hunters have long resided in the wild. They use bows as weapons and are good at tracking animals and skilled at hiding their own scent. Hunters know all about various creatures. They improve their chance of success in deadly attacks by applying their knowledge on animals' weaknesses. Especially good hunters can train their minds to concentrate; they are then able to become legendary marksmen and precise hitters.
Thief Thieves are a group misunderstood individuals who people often hate. They are very skillful and hard to stop. While most think of Thieves as only stealing from people, Thieves in DOMO can steal from animals and monsters. Thieves mainly use easy-to-hide weapons, like daggers, and are good at disguise and hiding. The thieves can also move very swiftly.
Doctor Doctors have great knowledge about herbs and healing techniques. Based on their understanding of human bodies and medicines, they can treat others with wounds directly. Doctors constantly study about medicine and look for new medical solutions. They use various medicinal ingredients to enhance their teams' ability to stay in battle as long as possible.
Wizard To common civilians, the Wizards are special professionals who provide services to secure their homes. Except for exorcising and busting ghosts, the Wizards can perform special magical attacks beyond natural powers by burning charm papers and using spells. The destructive power of their magic is huge and direct.
When the Wizards perform their magic, they need to use charm papers as the medium. They can also turn their vitalities into magic powers during crisis to achieve more attacks note: In our version charm papers are called "Scrolls" and can be bought in the drugstore or achieved from monsters.

Musician The musician plays a special role in the team. They usually don't fight directly but play music with instruments to improve the teams' and pets' abilities and combat powers. The musicians' musical performance can't be interrupted in order to maintain the improvements on the teams' and pets' capabilities
Mercenary They are usually retired soldiers who fight again for money. After long military training, they are good at armed battle using dagger-axes and tomahawks and know how to utilize armor efficiently. They are the most hard-core soldiers. The mercenaries attack with the widest hand-to-hand fighting distance. They can attack multiple enemies at the same time and use armor to fend off attacks as well. Although they don't have extraordinary attacking powers, the drill training and heavy armor usually help them become the last survivors.

All descriptions for the professions were taken from the DOMO Website and it's forums.

Flying in DOMO
The flying system is one of the most distinguishing characteristics of DOMO. Players may launch into the sky using flying features. Cross geographic barriers at speed and perform free sky diving are just some of the exciting feats that await players.

The Dream of Mirror Online flying system is based on the sword-flying myths in Chinese legends. Players can use all types of weapons, such as the sword, saber, rod, stick, and even the dancing fan to launch into the air. They are all potential flying equipment that players can ride on. Each different piece of flying equipment has its own features and specific speed. However, some weapons simply cannot fly, and others will only fly after after achieving a specific level.

As they fly, players constantly accumulate flying experience. This will later enable them to ride higher-level flying equipment and improve their flying speeds. Besides helping players to achieve their free flying dreams, DOMO's flying systems offers a unique mount system. With various zones like islands and forests, through flying players can get to and through those locations with ease.

Relationship & Destiny/Fate System
The Relationship and Destiny/Fate systems are extremely unique to DOMO. Both are described below. All information is taken directly from Aeria Games & Entertainment website.

Relationships
Dream of Mirror Online relies on a very comprehensive relationship system. The characters created by players should develop close relationships with other players and have community interactions.

In "Dream of Mirror Online," the player characters are able to develop three types of close human relationships: Master and Disciple, Friends, and Lovers. These combine with three different types of Destined Relationships. Different relationships interact differently. Therefore, building personal relationships with other players is the cornerstone for DOMO players!

Exchange Pledges with Other Players - Create Your Own Relationships

How do player characters build the aforementioned relationships in the game? In "Dream of Mirror Online," you can't develop deep relationships just by talking! Players have to use the "dream stones" acquired by completing phases in missions to bind special relationships.

Work on Your Relationships - Learn Special Skills

In Chinese society, human relationships mean everything. Within the three previously mentioned character relationships, if characters meet certain criteria, they can launch special co-operative skills. For example, the "contiguous attacks" launched by friends under oath and the "joint attacks" launched by lovers are only available when in those relationships.

Like the real world, you have to work on relationships to enhance them. In "Dream of Mirror Online", player characters with special relationships must often team up for combat or to complete special missions. Once you gain stronger trust in your relationships in DOMO, the relationship bonds become stronger. Then the characters are able to develop ever more special advanced skills!

Destiny/Fate
Most of the themes for "Dream of Mirror Online" involve destiny. Outside of the relationships that players forge for themselves, there are some pre-destined or fated relationships set by "Dream of Mirror Online" when creating new characters. The Fate System will decide the three most important destined relationships in life for the players: destined relative, destined enemy, and destined true love!

Destined Relative means someone who is your relative in a previous life or another world.
Destined Enemy is the essential challenger role. Both like an enemy and a friend, the Destined Enemy is a great competitor who keeps you moving and growing.
Destined Love means both parties have great affinities. All fortunetellers will say that they are meant for each other. They will be very successful and avoid danger if they can stay together.
These special destined relationships are established when players first create their characters; and cannot be built up or deleted by players. During character configuration, the abilities chosen by players will become a specific set of data; DOMO then uses this data to arrange daily "luck for combat," "luck for work," and "luck for love" forecasts based on the lunar calendar.

Stance on Worldwide service
DOMO is IP blocked against play in most English-speaking countries due to a agreement between the development team and Aeria Games. This agreement restricts it's use to effectively only the United States Of America. It is unknown why there is such a broad restriction, and it is unique in games, since most other games use unique security measures, such as codes only available in the host country, to stop worldwide play.

From Wikipdeia.

This game is really good, i loved it, you should try it.
Edited by demonatashadow (see edit history)

I tried this game for about a month. I played it very casually, and got my Swordsman to level 18, and a Wizard to level 12. The game is very repetitive, as are all Asian MMORPGS.But this one does have some unique features. For one, you can mix skills from different professions, and upon reaching a certain level, you can even equip armor and weapons available to other professions. This adds for another unique aspect of gameplay. The only drawback to this is the amount of time it takes to get to that level. You could get there fairly fast with a good AoE group, but it's hard to come by a reliable AOE group.It also has harvesting and crafting. I would usually tend to gather things overnight, and be able to wakeup to a large amount of resources, which I could then refine. I normally sold these refined materials though instead of crafting because I like to take on one aspect of a game at a time. :oYou can also fly once you get to level 15. All you gotta do is beat a Frog King for a quest, and it does require a pretty good group to pull off.All-in-all I'd say you should give this game a try if you're willing to play in an item mall based MMORPG.

HAHA I GOT THAT DOMO ^^ not very fun tho :o probably only cuz mah computer 5Uc|<s :D stupid computer lol Domo takes soo long to run that eventually i get bored n go back to playin Kotor n Kotor2 or EO lol

Dream of Mirrors Online is fun once you start out but gets repetitive after a while. Yes, you get to be all the classes but they are pretty much the same but somewhat different.....somehow.....o.o Anyway, I do admire the cute little graphics and the people. I also think that the heartbeat and the line thing for the love system is cool. It was fun when I first found out what that was. I thought it was some bug and the heartbeat was for something else. Then the line I was connected to threw a snowball at me. I thought I died. LMAO.

Dream Of Mirror Online is a really nice game with good graphics I also adore how the people in the game look. I recomend that if u are gonna play this game is to look for a teacher as soon as u get on there are usually alot of players that are willing to teach new people. The pvp system is interesting too, there are lots of different ways to pvp in the game but it can get very annoying after some time and the people who play alot like to brag =/. The leveling is pretty fast from 0-30. I recomend getting some one to get you into the well and kill globs there til u get to 15 or 16. Also the item mall is very nice it has lots of costumes and game items like Exp+ and higher monster drops each have there own ammount of days like 3, 10, 30, and 90! also they have hour badges. The pets in the game are also loveable (too loveable for some people -.-) I can say that the 1st pet that u would want is a Lily , Ruby, or Sapphier (I wanted a lily of course ^^ >.>). The pets fight for you and even help u in pvp. The game masters are constently comeing up with new events and even show up in normal gameplay. The GMs also assign game sages that help the players in the game and even make events of their own anybody can become a GS its all about reconization from the GMs. This game is something I would really recomend so atlest give it a try.-reply by DOMO player