xisto Community
varalu

Idli -- Indian Dish

Hi Guys,

You know what an IDLI is? If no you should take a good read at the below contents... You should also follow the below link to know more about IDLI...

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Not a single day /week would have passed without having Idli in most of the houses in Tamil Nadu, India. So let's salute the Taste of " IDLI " by having IDLI on Jan 20 as it's the Idli day. For more than 20 years Idli has been the main dish in the households of South-Indian ... let's join hands in making Jan 20 a big day for Idli. Let's take pride in spreading across the news of the day dedicated to Idli!

I am not sure how many of you are aware of this day and i doubt even if such a day exists or it is being created this time... I got this by word from some friends of mine and they even went to the extent of spreading this through mails... So i thought i will just make a record of this in Xisto as there are many readers here. If you are from India that too from South India, you should have already tasted the dish.

What would i say about IDLI?

Its one of the best dishes and you won't feel bored for your lifetime... I have been having this for over the past 20 years and i know it is going to be there with for long long years :). Did i forget to mention the side dishes that will/should accompany IDLI. I must agree that you have n number of options for that... you can have IDLI with anything and everything.

In India it is mostly part of Breakfast or it is the Breakfast. Every festival or function you attend you will have no other choice but to face IDLI.

Wishing you a happy IDLI Day in advance!!!

IDLI DAY :)I love IDLIs. Its not only famous in South India infact it is used as a breakfast meal in many house holds in North too. Its spicy and tastee. Its also healthy and part of balanced diet.Happy Idli Day to all Trappers.

Edited by bhavesh (see edit history)

Thank you, for your beautiful information. I am from BANGLADESH. INDIA is our nearest country. But we still do not know about this food. That link helps me to know about that favorite food. Let us know more about south indian foods. Thank you again.

I just got back from New Delhi.. I am an NRI living in Bangkok I like indian dish but sometimes around the market its just so oily that i can't take up so much.. living here in Bangkok Thailand we've got plenty of healthy thai food ( Veg and Non-Veg )so I'd prefer Thai and Japanese Food only.When i was doing high School in Mussoorie - School food was good ( not so oily ) anyway - great share thanks.

Hiawesomesomeone is talking about a south indian dishwell its one of the best things that could be given to a person who has an upset stomach.a bland food item which gives sufficient fillingguys post info about other inndian dishes

hmmmmm my favourite breakfast. Health as well as tasty.Even my Gym instructor told me to take idli as breakfast to build mybody quickly,as it is very nutritive and also easily digestable.Once I had taken idli for one month continuously without changing my breakfast menu.If you want to change the taste of it just change your chutney(i think pickle is notcorrect word for that).