xisto Community
lady

Falling Out Of Your Dream happens to me almost everyday

This is kinda frustrating,my first dream for every night is about me walking on the edge of a bridge, trying to maintain my balance with both hands up and all that,then suddenly I fall off, and i'm so terrified in my dreams that i wake up too, like from a shock or something :) this is getting very disturbing, its like each time I go to sleep,i already know am going to wake up in the next 15mins 8-)yesterday I dreamt I was running on a track and suddenly I stumbled and fell on my face (i think the dream changed because I really fell down while jogging the last day :) )

I've hand similar dreams where you fall down somewhere steep and wake up just as you are about to hit the bottom. But lately I havnt had any dreams at all. I dont know if its because of my bad memory where I did have a dream and just woke up and didnt remember having them or what. I do miss having dreams often though it gives you something to think about while your sleeping and keeps you entertained ^^. As long as they are not nightmares they should be ok. In a way I do think dreams happen for a reason, trying to tell you something maybe or even re inacting something thats happen in your past or maybe even just mean nothing.

i used to have dreams when i fell asleep in study hall during high school and out of no where i would feel like i jumped off a building and it really scared me and i woke up screaming. the whole class stared and laughed at me but it was really scary D: one of the worst feelings D:

It is said that your soul travels outside your body every time you fall asleep and dream. People who had outer body experience have confirmed that this is possible.The sudden jerk or shock which one experiences while sleeping is due to some body process immediately calling the conscience back into the body causing it to snap back with a jerk. Usually the snap backs are perfect and well aligned with the body. But when the snap back is not aligned, you feel a sudden loss of balance and a sensation of slipping or falling.Well, this is just a theory which I fits best to my understanding considering the fact that every person has 30-40 dreams every night and we hardly remember 2-3. Too much of a mystery in this subject.

every person has 30 to 40 dreams everyday??? How is that possible??No wonder I feel so tired when I wake up, have to tell that to my parents,maybe they'll stop calling me lazy then...30,40 dreams huh?? then hey,it kinda explains the dreaming of a moment in the future part, calculating the probability of dreaming 40 different scenes,one of them is bound to happen sometime...

It is said that your soul travels outside your body every time you fall asleep and dream. People who had outer body experience have confirmed that this is possible.
The sudden jerk or shock which one experiences while sleeping is due to some body process immediately calling the conscience back into the body causing it to snap back with a jerk. Usually the snap backs are perfect and well aligned with the body. But when the snap back is not aligned, you feel a sudden loss of balance and a sensation of slipping or falling.

Well, this is just a theory which I fits best to my understanding considering the fact that every person has 30-40 dreams every night and we hardly remember 2-3. Too much of a mystery in this subject.

Wow 30-40 dreams every night

I just remember the dreams that freak me out

Like one dream I was in a ragtag group of vampire hunters and I was cornered and couldnt run or log out or do anything I freaked out and woke up

--

I'm a timid gamer at heart so I have dreams where I'm this awesome hero

But i'm used to a log out button and if i'm about to die and i'm cornered and freak out I can't just escape automatically by plugging out the power cord or logging out

It freaks the hell out of me to get killed in my dreams so I wake up before it can happen!!!
Edited by Reekun (see edit history)

I wish my falling dreams made a lick of sense. Instead of falling off a cliff or building or something high I end up tripping and falling through the floor! LOL! How dumb is that? As for the 30-40 dreams a night I could believe it. Dreams happen so very very fast as most of it is imagery. I have heard that the longest time frame for a dream is only seven seconds long. Of course that tidbit of information is most likely sorely outdated and so I would not quote me on it. However it is accurate it would explain the 30-40 dream quota per night eh? Isn't the mind such an interesting thing?

I love the feeling you get when you're in mid-air travling towards the ground. I know I sound be screaming but I'm like weeee! lol However, now I don't really dream stuff like falling down unless it is like a God Of War style one ^_^

I experienced this kind of dream many times already, as I remember my last dream was, I was with my classmates and we go to the mountains to take a trip.. Inside the ban we are talking with my other friends bout something, I really dont remember what it is.. and then after that the driver was also talking with us and then suddenly we just fall of on a cliff and then after that I woke up, then I fell into my bed..I really thought it was really but It was a dream..

I believe that dreams are warnings of what is to come (if you can nterpret them correctly) I often have dreams about falling, and waking up just as you are about to hit the bottom.

I actually got bored one day and (This is how sad I am) I looked it up on google, to see what it meant. During this google search I found many sites about teeth falling out, this is a common dream and teeth represent friends apparantly.

Falling dreams are another theme that is quite common in the world of dreams. Contrary to a popular myth, you will not actually die if you do not wake up before your hit the ground during a fall.
As with most common dream themes, falling is an indication of insecurities, instabilities, and anxieties. You are feeling overwhelmed and out of control in some situation in your waking life. This may reflect the way you feel in your relationship or in your work environment. You have lost your foothold and can not hang on or keep up with the hustle and bustle of daily life.?When you fall, there is nothing that you can hold on to. You more or less are forced toward this downward motion without any control. This lost of control may parallel a waking situation in your life.

Falling dreams also often reflect a sense of failure or inferiority in some circumstance or situation. It may be the fear of failing in your job/school, loss of status, or failure in love.?You feel shameful and lack a sense of pride. You are unable to keep up with the status quo or that you don't measure up.

According to Freudian theory, dreams of falling indicate that you are contemplating giving into a sexual urge or impulse. You maybe lacking indiscretion.

Falling dreams typically occur during the first stage of sleep. Dreams in this stage are often accompanied by muscle spasms of the arms, legs, and the whole body. These sudden contractions, also known as myclonic jerks. Sometimes when we have these falling dreams, we feel our whole body jerk or twitch and we awaken from this jerk. It is thought that this jerking action is part of an arousal mechanism that allows the sleeper to awaken and become quickly alert and responsive to possible threats in the environment.

Above is a complete copy+paste from the website I found (Dreammoods.com) http://www.dreammoods.com/404.htm

I hope thats helped.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Quote tags added. Copy and Paste is not allowed. Credits are provided for your own original postings only

I love the feeling you get when you're in mid-air travling towards the ground. I know I sound be screaming but I'm like weeee! lol However, now I don't really dream stuff like falling down unless it is like a God Of War style one ;)

I know I get them very rarely actually I would say I only dreamt that I am falling (more or less a feeling of flying in mid-air cause I have control over the speed) about 5 times in my whole life. but when I do its fantastic ;) Last time I did it lasted a good while as well XD

But the other type that you fall down suddenly and wake up with a shake, yeah I get those just after I fall sleep usually and I hate them =/ apparently its very common

I do believe that our soul travels outside our body when we fall sleep cause of the sensation I get when I wake up suddenly from the falling down dreams, I feel like its too fast for my soul to come back to my body as I wake up and thats why my heart is beating too fast, but thats just me, it could be from the shock of falling as well.