xisto Community
apple

How To Convert Static Ip To Dynamic Ip`?

Use a Proxy Server to access the Web?Your static IP number is assigned by you Internet Service Provider, so to avoid displaying that IP number, a Proxy Server will act as a Middleman in the navigation of the WWW.Google Proxy Server for a list of possible suppliers of Proxies.

Call your internet service provider and tell them you want a dynamic IP address instead of a static IP address. Normally, ISPs provide their service with dynamic IP addresses by default, as it is cheaper this way. Some ISPs charge you extra to have a static IP address. And i wouldn't call it "convert," as all IP addresses follow the same format.

Use a Proxy Server to access the Web?
Your static IP number is assigned by you Internet Service Provider, so to avoid displaying that IP number, a Proxy Server will act as a Middleman in the navigation of the WWW.

Google Proxy Server for a list of possible suppliers of Proxies.

Ew, I hate proxies. I got viruses on my old computer from using them on websites I got banned from ahaha.

They just temporarily cover the IP, not change it. If you don't want a static Ip you should call your ISP...If you change back you may even save a bit if money.

If you're on a network and it's your lan ip, you can change the settings so that it gets the ip asseigned from the DHCP server automatically.

Yes im on a network and i think its my lan ip.(i dont get internet connection directly from isp).. can you please tell more details about it.. how can i do that?
thanks
Edited by apple (see edit history)

Yes im on a network and i think its my lan ip.(i dont get internet connection directly from isp).. can you please tell more details about it.. how can i do that? thanks

What operating system do you have? I can talk you through it if you have vista.

What exactly is it you're trying to do?

yes i have windows vista ultimate edition.. what i want to do is, to have dynamic ip.. i have static ip all the time.. but i need dynamic.
any help will be very appreciated.
thanks

What operating system do you have? I can talk you through it if you have vista.
What exactly is it you're trying to do?

change my static ip to dynamic

Hii, I have a broadband connection, with static ip, and I brought an io phone, and I need to change my ip to dynamic, and I don't know how?? can you help me to fix it??

-reply by ratheesh chandran

New IP

I just got comcast high speed internet and I have just linked the modem with my tower. The problem is that my modem will not pull a new IP adress from comcast and my IP now is set to a router. How can I set my IP to either a dynamic IP adress or just a different IP that will work?

-question by Eamon Kelly

dynamic ipHow To Convert Static Ip To Dynamic Ip`?

my college network administrator had banned the hacking and social networking sites..

I want a dynamic ip to access those sites Please tell me if u know about any..

proxys are also banned...

do u hve any solution for that

-question by veerendra

I think I might have the same problem, I'm running an internet radio statio through shoutcast. I have been able to hear the broadcast when I started streaming last week. I changed my IP to static, now I can't load my station from my laptop which is on the same wireless network. I can stream to other stations, but not my own. Can a static ip block me from listening to my station on my network. No matter what server I sent it to, it will not play. But everyone else can log into it,except me. All I get from shoutcast is the name of the station and the file info that is streaming, but no sound.

Any ideas

Going crazy

-reply by BlaQbyrd