xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kokushibyou

Any Free Game Server Hosting, Or Is My Computer Good Enough. Asking if anyone knows any good server hosters, or if i could just do

Alright, I've been wanting to make a Ragnarok Online Private Server for awhile, and I have. But im not sure if my computer can handle hosting it while I try and do other things...Such as webrowsing, Downloading, playing CounterStrike...ETC. So does anyone know any Free gaming server hosters? Or someone like Xisto where you can simply post on the forum, or something that wouldn't cost money.That, or do you think my Computer can host it while doing other things. not to mention the Uptime might be a tad crappy...I have a 7 year old computer, with a 1.5GHz Intel pentium 4 prossecor, with 512MB of Ram. also, I'm using DSL connection.So what do you think? Any suggestions?

The answer is no especially with today's computer games you would need at least 2.8+Ghz, dual core processor, with at least 4 gigs of RAM, with dual GFX card, and 300+ GB of hard drive space, and as for a connection you need at least a T1 line for a stable but fast connection, and some good firewall protection on your main computer as well. So you will be spending quite a lot of money to build your own gaming server. As for hosting servers their are some cheap ones I would google gaming servers and see what you can find as I don't know any.

The answer is no especially with today's computer games you would need at least 2.8+Ghz, dual core processor, with at least 4 gigs of RAM, with dual GFX card, and 300+ GB of hard drive space, and as for a connection you need at least a T1 line for a stable but fast connection, and some good firewall protection on your main computer as well. So you will be spending quite a lot of money to build your own gaming server. As for hosting servers their are some cheap ones I would google gaming servers and see what you can find as I don't know any.

i agree with SM on this one. with ragnarok online you can work on the server on your computer alone but when it comes to bringing people to the server. an average everyday computer isn't enough O.o; you need something fast and reliable :)

I'm going to host a minecraft server on a intel core i7-2600 8M cache 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM(though will upgrade in future),1TB 3.5 hard drive 7200RPM 32MB CACHE SATA III, windows 7 home premium 64bit (rest of the not important info: https://www.topbuy.com.au/default.aspx )
It has a pretty average graphics card though. the server is hosted in a command prompt window so now gaming or video watching is done on the computer. For a minecraft server would I need a graphics card? You Said one would be needed for another game but I'm not so sure about the minecraft server.
Thanks

I'm going to host a minecraft server on a intel core i7-2600 8M cache 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM(though will upgrade in future),1TB 3.5 hard drive 7200RPM 32MB CACHE SATA III, windows 7 home premium 64bit (rest of the not important info: topbuy.con )It has a pretty average graphics card though. the server is hosted in a command prompt window so now gaming or video watching is done on the computer. For a minecraft server would I need a graphics card? You Said one would be needed for another game but I'm not so sure about the minecraft server.
Thanks

As far as I know, no servers require a graphics card. The server only interprets the data the client sends, checks/verifies it and responds accordingly. Any graphical things are done on the client-side. *Though* some have figured out how to force GPU's to run the mathematics for non-graphical programs as well, but that's a different thing altogether.