xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
encryptedwrath

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas Its a story set in WWII about a small 9 year old german boy....

It is set in WWII . It is cleverly written and displays the horrors of the holocaust in a subtle way. It keeps ahead of you , until it delivers the last final pages , which are heartrending I thought it was a great book. It is almost one of a kind , and The author , even though the book being less than 280 pages long , put two years of effort into writing it. I hope you will read it , because it will never become boring :]

Edited by encryptedwrath (see edit history)

Where? The Boy In The Striped PyjamasWhere online can you go to find the full book to read of " The Boy in the Striped Pajamas."-reply by Alyssa Spareks

longest wordThe Boy In The Striped Pyjamas

hey, does anyone know what the longest word in the book is? because at school I need to do this thing on the book and I need the longest word, out of 216 pages!

so if anyone knows please tell me. Thx. 

-reply by emeralddragon

NOT ACCURATE AT ALLThe Boy In The Striped Pyjamas

This story is about as historically accurate as the Easter Bunny having sex with Santa Claus. The degree of the impossibilities of this story even being remotely true are NILL and it's completely offensive that anyone would dare to use such an untrue ending that could only be called pure emotional rape. 

The only thing this story missed was Anne Frank skipping through the camp with a tea set!

-reply by Manofpan

striped pajamasThe Boy In The Striped Pyjamas

The only thing that should make you cry with this book is that the author expects us to forgo any actual facts about the holocaust so that we can believe his book of pure fictional offense and emotional rape of an ending.

-reply by Manofpan

Its a FICTION story!! Thats the point! Its not meant to teach every little fact about the Holocaust! Its meant to entertain! If you want something that accurate go find a Holocaust survivor! And I'm sorry that you didn't like the ending, but nobody ever said it was a happy story! maybe you should just go back to your books where the main character shoots his fist up into the sky, flys away and yells "I got you! Evil never wins!" and the villain gets sent to jail as the whole city cheers because some guy in tights and a cape just created world peace!

The Boy In The Striped PyjamasThe Boy In The Striped Pyjamas

A compelling tale of the friendship between a German and a Jew, enemies and friends, and all because of one small boy.  Set in World War 2, during the time of the Holocaust, it is moving and sweeps others into the story. Bruno, a nine-year old boy, the son of an officer at Auschwitz, a rich German, sees Shmuel, the boy in the striped pyjamas. He brings Shmuel the things he's missing out on, and when he asks his father what kind of people the group of striped pyjama inmates are, he gets an answer he isn't expecting. They aren't people, they're Jews.

-reply by Lucie Crozier

NOT ACCURATE AT ALLThe Boy In The Striped Pyjamas<p>?This story is about as historically accurate as the Easter Bunny having sex with Santa Claus. The degree of the impossibilities of this story even being remotely true are NILL and it's completely offensive that anyone would dare to use such an untrue ending that could only be called pure emotional rape.?</p><p> The only thing this story missed was Anne Frank skipping through the camp with a tea set! </p>-reply by Manofpan

Well Sorry Its Not To Your Liking If You Didnt Think It Was Historically True Not ALL Books Are, And As For Your Comparison Of The Easter Bunny And

Santa Claus Having Sex Is WAY Out Of Proportion, Maybe Some People Liked The Book So Why Dont You Keep Your Pathetic Little Opinions To Yourself?. Its Not OFFENSIVE Because Its Not Referring To You Is It Now? There Was No Point In This Comment Because I Doubt Anyone But Me Even Paid A Spec Of Attention To It...

Yes the book does not have all the right facts, but I guess that is the point. The book was written to engage children, talk about morals, write essays, etc.I read this book for school and I thought it was a nice little introduction to learning about the Holocaust. Obviously some of the things in this book wouldn't have occurred, some may have. But it gives you a little insight and shows you that in the Holocaust that things were bad, hence the ending where the main character dies and also his newly made friend. It doesn't give you the happy ending you are looking for, which through the fiction book gives a flash of reality of what happened back then.The Holocaust is a sad/sick part of History (each to their own opinion) and by reading this book I believe it gave me a different view throughout the course I did at school.It's fair to say that I rather enjoyed the book.