xisto Community
budsu

Rapidshare Bless Or Another Torrent bless or another Torrent

Rapidshare is a biggest and easiest file host online :P:) You think this will replace torrents ( if it already hasn't) ? Personaly im very happy with RS :) have my own acc for over half a year now and using it regulary.----------------------------------------------------------------------Do not consider this post as a spam :D

Yeah Rapidshare is good and all, but the problem is that you still have to register, meaning you have to pay for the service if you really want to use it. On the other hand torrents are completely free and that is a BIG plus to a lot of people!Personally I think that everything today that is not completely free is too expensive for most of the internet-users!So Rapidshare is good to download a file or two you can't find anywhere else, but to use it instead of torrents? I don't think so...

Yeah Rapidshare is good and all, but the problem is that you still have to register, meaning you have to pay for the service if you really want to use it. On the other hand torrents are completely free and that is a BIG plus to a lot of people!
Personally I think that everything today that is not completely free is too expensive for most of the internet-users!

So Rapidshare is good to download a file or two you can't find anywhere else, but to use it instead of torrents? I don't think so...

Not only is there the charge associated with RapidShare, there is also the slow download speeds. Many people complain about having 200 kb/s speeds or so when they are capable of 1 mb/s or more.

I find Torrents to be much better because you are able to pause and resume, if you get dc'd it's not an issue, they're free, etc.

Honestly I even prefer torrents over places like FilePlanet. Their downloader keeps corrupting game clients and torrents have never been corrupted for me.

Online hosting services can never take over torrents, because they are just too greedy. They take a lot of money and still provide sub-standard service. Torrents, on the other hand, are free and very convenient to use with little complaints. Suppose there is an important file which is very large in size, and it has to be shared with a large number of people. Using file hosting sites, that file has to be put into archive format, then split into suitable sizes and then each part has to be uploaded individually. And when at the other end a person has to get the file, he has to go to each link and then download each part (at a miserable speed) and then join those parts together!On the other hand, using torrents is fast and easy and the file can be transmitted very fast. That's why torrents can never be replaced by RS or anyone else

Edited by kasperooney (see edit history)

It can happen the other way. Torrents replacing dedicated hosting services. The traffic on the Internet is increasing at an enormous rate. In future, the current rate of infrastructure development may not cope up with the bandwidth needs. And so file hosting services may not be able to withstand this increasing usage. Torrents on the other hand offers more distributed way of sharing files. In future usage of torrents for legal purposes may increase and more widespread. All said, this is just a personal view and does not take into account any other media.

I used to be a great fan of torrents and would regularly upload and download using torrents. But gradually I shifted down to rapid share. Initially I was not very happy with download sites like rapid share because it was very difficult to download multi-part files. You need to keep track of every file and wait for a certain period of time before you can download the next. For example you download a 50 MB file and to download the next part of it you need to wait for more than 15 minutes. And that too the speed would never increase beyond 30 kbps. It would really be tedious if you wanted to download multiple part files. The maximum file size that can be uploaded and downloaded was 200 MB, but it was reduced to 100 MB later on. Life became more difficult. So I shifted to torrents and downward most of my files from sites like Mininova. But there was always a problem, when there are no seeds and lechers you were just hung and you cannot download. To add to the worries if the seeds and the lechers were slow, it would take years to complete a file download.Then came this download programmes that kept track of the files downloaded from sites like rapid share and megaupload. Soon the whole scenario changed and I just kept on adding into that special programme all my links that I wanted to download and any amount of delay I did not bother to restart because it does it automatically. Some of these download programmes were so good that they would check the files before it downloaded them. After downloading they would even check using anti-virus program if the files are correct and free from any viruses. You need not even monitor where the files are being downloaded because they would automatically be downloaded according to the type of the file. The rules however you can be set on your own. These days only if the files are too large I choose torrents. If the files are smaller I would go for rapid share. Most of my downloads ofcourse these days are using rapidshare.But at the end of the day all it matters is whether the file is available or not be it torrents or Rapidshare.

im with rapishare bec. downloading at RS is too fast! you can download a 1gb in 6hours when you are a premium member :D you should try it!but when i didnt find wat looking for to download at RS i go to torrent :)bec. RS hav issues this day day deleting copyrighted files! thats bad for bussness to them, bec. people likes to download fee stuff, i am right!

Well, i think torrents, already replaced links, 'cos torrents, are free, and they are better for use :D Also, rapidshare isn't free, you should buy Premium Account, to use it like torrents, to download few files in a row, or download with high speed :P So, torrents are the best for now :)

There is no way rapidshare can replace torrents as torrents are peer to peer and rapidshare requires a main server which hosts all of its files. Also rapidshare isn't a fully free service and torrents are therefore i think more people will choose torents. Also choppy internet connections or people who don't have time to download a full file at a time will be more open to torrents as they can download in fragments.Additionally, the idea that it would replace torrents is ridiculous, you need to think about legal use, legally torrents would be used to download linux distros etc. which will be both dled and uploaded by users and not by a server or a company, some torrents have like 500 people uploading them i guarantee you does not have 500 servers for 1 file.