xisto Community
nol

Xbox Gamertag Profile On Site

Alright, first off, sorry about the title, can't exactly explain it well. Basically, I want to have it so;

1. My users sign up on my website (easy enough, don't need help with)

Now, this part might get confusing, but I need major help, as I see no way of doing it, yet I would love for it to happen.

When they post on my website (comment), (this part I don't need help with), I wish for their gamer profile to show up under their name, so It'll say;

Nate posted on (date):

(gamer profile here) blah blah blah

the trouble is, I have no idea how to get the user's info. Like, the game profile, and make it show up..

If you don't know what a gamertag is its like this:

http://www.xboxlc.com/

I wanna do something somewhat like that. just, no generator.

That website has access to data you don't. I'm not sure but I think that's the official xbox live website. If that's the case then you're most likely not going to get that data. If it isn't an official site then I would sugest emailing the site developer and ask him/her where that data can be found.

That website has access to data you don't. I'm not sure but I think that's the official xbox live website. If that's the case then you're most likely not going to get that data. If it isn't an official site then I would sugest emailing the site developer and ask him/her where that data can be found.

That's not the official Microsoft site. They've copied the theme, but they've got a Paypal donations button!

I wish for their gamer profile to show up under their name, so It'll say;

Nate posted on (date):

(gamer profile here) blah blah blah

the trouble is, I have no idea how to get the user's info. Like, the game profile, and make it show up..

What you are looking for is access to the API. This use to be freely available to anyone, but I believe Microsoft then tightened it up so only a few sources could use it. The simplest way to get the data that I have found, is to use the following link:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Obviously, replace Gamertag+Here with the gamertag of the person you want information about. A + is used instead of a space, by the way. That will return an XML file that contains all sorts of useful information about that gamertag. It is then up to you to sort through it, decide what you want to keep, and work out a way of displaying it.

To make life easier, I suggest using something like PHP and the Zend Framework to manage all the XML stuff.