xisto Community
pasten

Helpful Registry Edit For Java Programmers Command Prompt on right click menu

With this registry edit you can easily open the current folder in prompt without going through any Change Directory commands (cd). This is useful for people like me who are programming in JAVA, and every time to create class files and test them I have a diificult time just entering the commands in Prompt.

But if you don't want to use this registry edit you can create the directory in C:\ drive like C:\files so you have to navigate very little in prompt.

If you are experienced in regedit you can do it yourself shown below OR download the attachment and apply it. I tested this on Windows XP and it works.

Just copy paste this code in to your favourite text editor:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\command]<BR>@="Open Command prompt Here"[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\command\command]@="cmd.exe /k cd %1\""

Then save the file as .reg extension and apply it. Before applying .reg extension go to "Tools" > "Folder Options…" > "View" tab and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types".

Note:The code
@="Open Command Prompt Here"
will represent the text on right click menu (you can change the text) and
@="cmd.exe /k cd %1\""
will tell to open command prompt at the current folder when it is clicked.

Here's the file command_prompt_to_every_folder.zip to apply if you don't want to do as above.

If you have any doubts please post here or mail me.
Edited by nitish (see edit history)

how Windows Registry edit using java programming(J2SE)?

Helpful Registry Edit For Java Programmers

Hi, I wanna edit,delete registry in windows useing java programming as well J2SE. Actually I want to control the overall windows system using java programming. Like windows runtime,windows startup and more windows system environment.Al this like to do using java program.

Please help me to handle windows system.Try to help me giving source code.

Regards

Pijush

-reply by Pijush Debnath

how Windows Registry edit using java programming(J2SE)?

Helpful Registry Edit For Java Programmers

Hi, I wanna edit,delete registry in windows useing java programming as well J2SE. Actually I want to control the overall windows system using java programming. Like windows runtime,windows startup and more windows system environment.Al this like to do using java program.

Please help me to handle windows system.Try to help me giving source code.

Regards

Pijush

-reply by Pijush Debnath

Hi,

I want to discover the same things as you. Did you find help anywhere? I've searched the internet and found nothing, although most software add entries to the explorer context menu, automatically start at windows startup and so on.

So, if you know how to do such things, please let me know :lol:

Thanks,

Darie