xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GaiaZone

Is It Possible To Create A Web Based Mmo In Javascript? And could there be free movement without reloading the page?

I would like to get some information before launching myself to the JS libraries.Is it possible to load maps or images and with the press of a button "scroll" or move the image inside some kind of window up, down, left or right?It would be like scrolling an image sideways, upwards or downwards.I would also like to know if multiple connections can be made and lets say there was a user standing in the location (127, 160) of the map, would there be the possibility of loading the image of that player? Maybe with database connections and storing their information there?Is JS compatible with MySQL?I appreciate any help regarding this matter in advanced. =]

It is impossible to do a web based MMO in the sense you are thinking about. I believe it impossible entirely. Javascript cannot access MySQL to my knowledge because MySQL is a client-side scripting language and MySQL deals with a web server. Also, Javascript is easily hacked and I would suggest not messing with personal information with it.

Well I wouldn't suggest doing osmething like this because you can access javascript data easily and you can tempare with it. Also there is large part of security issues and the final thig is that javascript cannot be directly connected to the database and server itself because javascript is transfered to the web browser in the same way as the html code though there are significant differences between the two.And one more important thing is to note one way or the other you would have to use some server oriaented scripts. And finally I would suggest that you use java for making of this game because then you could make applet run and it would work fine and you would have all those libraries at your disposal. Good luck.