xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

If You Could Defy Gravity, Would You?

Well, with the invention of the wingsuit (I do believe someone made a post about it here named "flying humans") and my compulsive listening to the song, "Defying Gravity" from the musical "Wicked," I was wondering. . . What would it be like defying gravity?What would I do if I could fly?I would love to be able to flyhow bout you?

I suppose one could shake their puny fist at the voiceless universal force while falling down a chasm. That would kinda be defying gravity. :)Personally, I think it would be kinda funny if someone COULD fly but chose not to :P Imagine if Superman was afraid of heights :)

Personally, I think it would be kinda funny if someone COULD fly but chose not to :D Imagine if Superman was afraid of heights :)

I think it is only human nature to exercise an advantage one holds over the rest of humanity. Day after day, there are dexterous people in the streets employing their nimble fingers in thievery, con men using their persuasive power on helplessly gullible citizens or agile cat burglars restoring precious space to a house or museum. It is only natural to assume that one who discovers he/she has the power of flight will use it, though it is still debatable whether they'd pull off a Superman/Peter/Nathan Petrelli stint and be a hero or use it for less moral and more mundane stunts.

If I could defy gravity, of course I would and, yes, I will use it for selfish purposes. To be sure, I won't aspire to be a celebrity for superficial journalists looking for an easy scoop/exclusive or a specimen for intensely curious scientists who, probably above all things, wish to be the first to discover how to make the rest of humanity fly. Instead, I plan to employ stealth and silence with flight, that I may reach places I'm unlikely to access earthbound, acquire possessions otherwise unavailable to me or commit petty crimes I would not have done without a viable escape routine.

Most probably, I'd hang the occasional rapist, murderer, thief, drug pusher, con man, rebel, terrorist or politician on top of buildings. I've always wanted to decorate the Empire State's red light with corpses of those most of humanity would rather have dead. Maybe I'd even go to the southern part of our country and, one by one, adorn the trees with the hanging (or hanged :P) bodies of terrorists. I'm no humanitarian Clark Kent, that's for sure. I'm more like General Zod, using my power of flight to change the world to my liking; it is only a coincidence that I also don't like terrorists any more than the next guy.

However, if I'm gonna have to use technology to fly, like jet packs or, heaven forbid, capes and underwear, I'd probably be a bit more careful with what I do. After all, if it's something technological, odds are the power of flight is not exclusively mine :)

I rarely walk in my dreams! My mode of transportation is flying, and if i could do so awake, I would be afraid to get shot at by a drunk.

I rarely walk in my dreams! My mode of transportation is flying, and if i could do so awake, I would be afraid to get shot at by a drunk.

Me too!!! But It's not so much flying, is mostly floating above the ground and being able to be pushed over easily. Wow, this thread brought back a memory of a dream I had when I was 7.