xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Joshua

Illinois Primaries: Who Are You Supporting?

Candidate Support Poll  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To avoid concerns about the arrangement of choices for the polls, I just sorted everything alphabetically. For candidates it's sorted by their last name. I didn't see a topic on this so I decided to create one for people to discuss their thoughts on the elections, who they're supporting, and why they're supporting them. Feel free to vote for as many or few of the polls as you like.Who are you supporting? Why are you supporting them? Personally, I'm supporting any Democratic candidate that I think can beat Barack Obama, and I'll share my reasons later when the discussion gets going :) I think I most support Huckabee. And I don't especially like either the Democratic or Republican parties. I think one is good on moral issues (abortion, gay marriage) while the other is good on economic issues (immigration, Iraq War, taxes).

Edited by Joshua (see edit history)

If I may ask, why do you dislike Obama? I personally think that he could make a good president. Although, if there are reasons you disagree you're welcome to convince me otherwise.

Fair enough.

Barack Obama might well be the golden boy of todays political world, but I would hope Illinoisans better remember him for his support of the infamous practice of partial-birth abortion. It is at least comprehensible to me where someone might be coming from when supporting abortion in general, although I disagree that babies are inhuman at any point, or that any persons right should include the right to infringe upon the freedoms of others.

However, I cannot understand how those like Obama can so fervently advocate a law where children can be born alive after botched abortions, and then legally left to starve to death in the back rooms of hospitals. Thankfully, the ruling against this horrible practice was finally upheld in the courts within the past year, after years of staunch opposition from those like Barack Obama, who voted against the bill despite personally hearing in congress the testimony of nurse Jill Stanek concerning the horrors of partial-birth abortion.

Obama, despite his claims to the contrary, is as radical as they come in his support for abortion, including the abominable practice of partial-birth abortion. When questioned in 2004 why he supported it, he replied, God will judge me. But regardless of whether God judges him, he still has a responsibility to be honest with the people he is supposed to be representing on such issues.

I believe Obama has made it this far only through avoiding serious talk about his radical stances on the most controversial issues, and using a combination of charisma and buzz words like change to inspire hope in voters. We made a mistake in supporting Obama for Congress, I can only hope we do not repeat it with regards to his bid for the Presidency.

Also, I've updated the poll to include only those candidates still running in the primaries.

..Barack Obama ... better remember him for his support of the infamous practice of partial-birth abortion. ....

Obama, despite his claims to the contrary, is as radical as they come in his support for abortion,

We made a mistake in supporting Obama for Congress, I can only hope we do not repeat it with regards to his bid for the Presidency.

1. I think no abortion after 8 weeks except for the risk of mother's life if she decided so.

2. I think the member of congress is important than the Presindent when it comes to making laws. The congress who make the law and passing a law sent by the President. Then it was your fault to making him Senetor in the first place.

3. The candidate to presidency can't be judged by one issue. You didn't explain what the other candidate are standing for this issue. Then about other issues.

4. voting in this poll is not accurate since you have to give complete comparison. It will be likr "vote for me which are sent to us by anyone.

5. The problem in US is the voting is optional and not cumpolsary.