xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
karlosantana

Os Commerce Problems Im trying again something went wrong on my last post

Something went wrong and it wouldn't come up not even in a search so im posting again :) . I really need some help!
I installed oscommerce through fantastico and when i try to access it it says

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

anyone got any ideas? Please can someone help me!

In an .htaccess file, type in the following:

php_value register_globals on
and place the file where it is needed. See if that works. I hear register globals are non-existent in PHP 6, so it may be better to install OS Commerce manually by downloading it from their site.

TrueFusion your my hero for today! well the day i read it anyway :o anyway if you want to look
here
It is under some heavy modification at the moment but it still works! as you'll see this is something i'm desperatly trying to do (mening oscommerce) as in backgrounds colours etc etc
Please forgive my typing i've broken my fingers in my right hand and as you can imagine it is difficult to type!
karlos