xisto Community
kobra500

Which Next Gen Console

Which do you preferXBOX 360PS3Wiipersonally for the moment I'd say the XBOX 360 ... It has plenty of games and a strong online; I know you have to pay however, ?40 a year for better servers and virus protection... then again here I am trying to get out of paying out of hosting so... however whilst the PS3 is as good if not better there just aren't as many good games and HD - Blueray... barely any difference (and cirtainly not noticable difference. The wii meanwhile remains the most boring waste of money console I have ever seen.

I'd have to agree, I have owned an Xbox360 since launch (UK) and have found it to be very reliable, nothing like may say with the red lights curse and what have you. I did buy a PS3 at launch however it collected lots of dust in the short time I owned it, used mainly for a Blu-Ray player over a games console. I found the online service to be good in terms of lag however almost no-one had a mic making the experience very boring, well to me it was considering I am sued to Xbox360 where everyone and their dog has a mic. The 360 also has a much wider and more openly appealing library of games at the moment, appealing to all strands of gamer. Microsoft also has ideas to produce a new 360 with a Blu-Ray and HDDVD player in-built, also supposedly with a 500GB hard drive, IE 7 and the ability to pause, rewind etc. live TV (thus the large HDD). However I can't compare these systems tot he Wii as I am yet to have the pelasure of playing this console, but from what I have learnt the Wii isn't for me anyway (too childish). Overall 360 is the best.

Whoo... look like minded. Yes the Wii is childish, Wii sports is good but thats were the list of decent games ends. As for the PS3 I will get one when there are more titles and the price comes down. But if a new XBOX console comes out in the next three years I would probably get that over the ps3 (if by that time I didn't have one. I dislike Microsoft on the whole but I like there products.

I got an X Box 360 for christmas and I really enjoy it...now I just need to get some high speed internet so I can really enjoy it....... which probably won't happen since I live out in teh boonies....

well, if you can't decide mix them all together... yes, use the functionality of the XBOX 360 but use the controllers of the wii, but also remember the graphics and cpu of the ps3...But if you have to pick one, I'd go with the xBOX360, it has the best functions and can act as a media centre PC

I don't know how many times I've actually explained how the 360 and the PS3 are close to or on par with graphics and performance, but to summarize: They're very much the same. If you don't believe me, look up their hardware specifications, to include their processors and GPUs.If you want innovative gameplay, go with the Wii. It also boasts Internet browsing, several applications guised as Wii Channels, and absolutely good fun times. It's suitable for just about all ages with anyone, and it isn't very hard to pick up. The Virtual Console makes it "backwards-compatible" with most older titles as you can play anything from the original Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Sega Saturn, Sega Genesis, TurboGrafx16, and a handful of other past consoles, as well as play GameCube CDs. The Wii also features wireless Internet access with a home network. The console bundle itself is cheap at $250, and in my opinion, out of the three next-gen consoles, the Wii is a winner. Good luck finding one though; I'm not the only person that's realized this. :) My next pick would have to be the Xbox 360. It is a multifunctional platform, able to perform as a music player, video player, as well as a gaming console. Backwards-compatibility with most popular Xbox titles is a good thing. Microsoft features the optional HD-DVD player with the 360, and of course sports high definition output for it and its games (unlike the Wii, which is stuck with 420p). You can stream media from your PC to the 360 via your home network, although you must purchase a wireless adapter if you want to do this wirelessly. With the 360, you can get onto the Xbox Live online gaming community. Due to a design flaw, the first couple of batches of the 360 were prone to the infamous "red ring of death," which indicated a hardware failure, but future batches shouldn't have a problem, not to mention that Microsoft is pretty good with replacement units should you experience this. At $350 with the recent price drop, this isn't a bad buy.What is a bad buy is the PS3, in my opinion. I personally have not followed much on the PS3 and only would like to play a few games exclusively for the title (such as Killzone 2, Resistance: Fall of Man, etc.). The graphics are great, but close to or on par with the 360. It features a Blu-Ray player as a standard and has high definition outputs for its games and Blu-Ray movies. The first batches may have problems with hardware failures but had backwards-compatibility with older PS2 (and I believe PSX) games; the newer batches are cheaper and more stable but remove backwards-compatibility capability. The SIXAXIS controllers are rather neat with motion-sensing as well as sticking to the traditional Playstation controller design. But at $500-600, this should only be looked at if you want a cheap Blu-Ray player or if you have the cash to burn.If someone would like to shed some unbiased light on the PS3, feel free to do so, as I haven't even looked at the console since its introduction.

Well Ijust find the Wii Childish and the graphics... What it does have however is that any games you get on it will be original to the Wii there won't be the same sort of game on it.For example FIFA is a lot different on the Wii than on any other console

I don't know how many times I've actually explained how the 360 and the PS3 are close to or on par with graphics and performance, but to summarize: They're very much the same. If you don't believe me, look up their hardware specifications, to include their processors and GPUs.
If you want innovative gameplay, go with the Wii. It also boasts Internet browsing, several applications guised as Wii Channels, and absolutely good fun times. It's suitable for just about all ages with anyone, and it isn't very hard to pick up. The Virtual Console makes it "backwards-compatible" with most older titles as you can play anything from the original Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Sega Saturn, Sega Genesis, TurboGrafx16, and a handful of other past consoles, as well as play GameCube CDs. The Wii also features wireless Internet access with a home network. The console bundle itself is cheap at $250, and in my opinion, out of the three next-gen consoles, the Wii is a winner. Good luck finding one though; I'm not the only person that's realized this. :)

I disagree your list somewhat, though the Wii boasts the motion sensing controls and whatnot, the games so far have been for the most garbage, with the good games like Super Mario Galaxy being buried underneath trash like WiiFit. The Wii could be awesome, but right now it's suffering from the DS effect, where publishers realized that it's selling well, and so they spend little effort on the games and try to make the most money off of them.

If it can get its act together, and if it can court the third-parties (because almost every top selling game is 1st party), then the Wii will be the best. As of right now, I think the best systems are the PS3 and 360, with the 360 leading out with more games. Make sure that if you do get a 360, it has a newer motherboard, which is Falcon right now I think. The older motherboards have horrible failure rates compared to the newer ones.

I disagree your list somewhat, though the Wii boasts the motion sensing controls and whatnot, the games so far have been for the most garbage, with the good games like Super Mario Galaxy being buried underneath trash like WiiFit. The Wii could be awesome, but right now it's suffering from the DS effect, where publishers realized that it's selling well, and so they spend little effort on the games and try to make the most money off of them.
If it can get its act together, and if it can court the third-parties (because almost every top selling game is 1st party), then the Wii will be the best. As of right now, I think the best systems are the PS3 and 360, with the 360 leading out with more games. Make sure that if you do get a 360, it has a newer motherboard, which is Falcon right now I think. The older motherboards have horrible failure rates compared to the newer ones.

the wii...................... :)

All jokes aside though, the 360 will last longer than people are speculating as it is looking up and up.

The Ps3 will be the only console in a couple of years to give xbox competition as they will come down in price by then. But the wii will drop rapidly in sales when it cant handle serious gamers needs at all.

IE San Andreas, Metal Gear and more.

But if by some miracle they hit the 360, it will really boost the sales, especially with future processor releases.

I can only dream though!! :)

i prefer the Xbox 360 over all other game systems, i like the Xbox mostly for the reason that they have the Halo series. in a close second place would have to be the Wii only because its the most interactive. then the playstation 3, i love this system but i just love my 360 more, i do like that the ps3 has a blu-ray player built so that saves money but still i think sony overpriced the system.

Very true.

However, the Wii wasn't geared towards serious gamers. If you couldn't tell from Nintendo's focus and the fact that the Wii hardware boasts a mere 480p/480i/576i... well, it pales in comparison to the high-definition gaming you would get from the 360 and the PS3.

Every console has its garbage games. Take the Xbox for instance with the stupid Burger King games. C'mon... seriously? I'm not a huge gamer, really, so I can't think of any really crappy games for the other consoles... I've never even heard of WiiFit either. From my point of view, there are only a handful of games for each console that are gems compared to the rest. Titles that I can think off the top of my head include Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3), Gears of War (360), Killzone 2 (PS3), Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3), Halo 3 (360), Mass Effect (360), Call of Duty 4 (360), Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), Super Paper Mario (Wii), and Rayman (Wii). (That list doesn't include everything... like I said, I'm not a real enthusiast when it comes to keeping on top of the latest games.) Really, each console shouldn't have just a limited handful of games to choose from, but the reality is that there's only a handful of good picks out of the crap that comes out for each console. And of course, the title preferences will be subjective to the audience it caters to. You and I would probably frown on the idea of Pirates of the Carribean or Happy Feet as a game, but I'm sure that a younger audience is already loving the swash-buckling and the... adventure (?) of penguins.

Microsoft has been pretty good with the whole RRoD issue, sending out replacement units and sort of keeping customers happy with the support side of owning the 360. Although I highly am against having to expect failure of a console and keeping yourself from enjoying your 360 because of it (and later the month that you will be without a 360), they do reciprocate a bit with a free 1-month Gold trial of Xbox Live (to sucker you in, I'm sure). I hear the Elite variants don't have any failure problems...

Well if you ask me I'd go ps3. I own an xbox 360 and a wii. Both are fun and unique in their own way. Wii is definitely more geared towards family which is fine with me cause I have 5 kids! The 360 is good for harcore gamers and casual gamers as well. What I don't like about the xbox is how you have to pay to play online. The ps3 is free. So if I want to play call of duty 4 online I have to pay on my 360 while my friend who owns a ps3 doesn't. pretty lame. Plus you can't deny the blu-ray. It is pretty darn sweet.