xisto Community
byte

What Program Do You Use To Design Your Web? Frontpage, Dreamweaver, a good text editor?

I Use Dreamweaver as FrontPage likes to put in messed up code, and you need a host with stupid font page extensions to use lots of its features that can be dont with basic html anyway, and the colours code view realy helps alot, so Dreamweaver is my main choise as its so easy to use. Frontpage just plain sucks, like most microsoft products.

Edited by cragllo (see edit history)

I am using Front Page but based on what I have been seeing on the internet those websites created and designed using macromedia dreamweaver are far better, although more complexly made, than those created from Front Page. You can easily embed flash animations using Dreamweaver. You can also those flash animations (although a little simple) using Adobe Image Ready, and sice we are comparing between Frontpage and Dreamweaver here I will choose the latter. you can dispose your FrontPage Express program if you have already memorized Dreamweaver.

I prefer using Dreamweaver. It may be a little more complex, but the code it creates is actually valid! The thing for completing CSS and HTML tags etc is also pretty useful, and works better than the FrontPage version.

Dreamweaver is far better than Frontpage. Yep, Frontpage may be easier if you are used to MS Word and that, but you?ll find that it puts a lot of trash code on your html files. I think that you have more control with Dreamweaver but anyway the best option is to check the code by yourself if you know it, because both of them can write lines that aren?t necessary. :huh:

I believe that dreamweaver is the one to go with. The newest version is easier than ever to use for those who are beginners while still having all of the functionality and features for all of those that want the more powerful features. Frontpage is good for qick and simple editing, but I believe that Dreamweaver is the program of choice for webdesigners out there. Anyways, good luck to all and share your creations with the community.

yeah i would have to go with the brand new Dreamweaver 8 since it now supports xhtml coding yeah!!!

Frontpage is alot easier to use but you cant edit as much. The dreamweaver you can take peice by peice and change the code in just about anything. For small projects though i like to use frontpage its fast, easy to use, and reliable. So i am going to have to go with Frontpage. Final Answer.

Windows Vs. Macromedia, If you ask me, Microsoft build around easy to use & less features. Whereas you have to buy other products like Macromedia Dreamweaver to put in more features, but its harder to use.Its like doing a training course, You use Frontpage to get a grounding web design and construction, then move up a level to Dreamweaver.But if you learn using Notepad anyway, you should have no troubles using both programs together like i do. I find Frontpage easier to navargate around.

I prefer dreamweaver because it's more user-friendly and doesn't mess up the code that much. Also dreamweaver is more bug free than FrontPage. And basically, FrontPage is a microsoft product and i hate microsoft, so i'll stick to the better choice of Macromedia.

Since I've been using whole Macromedia Studio including Dreamweaver, than you know which HTML,PHP(....) editor I prefer. For novice users maybe it is easier in beginning to use FrontPage, but it has lots of bugs, and far lesser options. It gives you just a basic design, and like you said it can somethimes mess up the code... I haven't reached that expirience level yet, where you use Notepad to edit your web pages, but I can tell you that it is the best way to express yourself...