xisto Community
karlosvalencia

How To: Flash Streaming How to (if possible) stream a flash (*.swf) movie over the net

Hello,Searched through the forum but didn't find any hits on how to do this.I've designed a page that has an embeded flash movie (*.swf format). The page works great when I test it on my local server but when I post it on the net the movie (about 2 megs in size) takes a while to load. Is there any way to stream the movie as opposed to have the browser download it all at once? Any other suggestions to speed the loading of the page? Thanks in advance.

Edited by karlosvalencia (see edit history)

Absolutely free of charge you nothing can receive, but you can look this site flashwebtown.com. They gives you an opportunity to quickly and easily deliver your media content over the Internet. This is a great way to broadcast news, movie clips, music videos, air lectures and other educational materials. I hope that you can use them to own advantage :D

I love flashwebtown, because with them at me all goes well. With the Flash Video Format, your video reaches the widest audience possible. Everyone visiting your site can play it without plug-ins, pop-up media players.

Hello,

Searched through the forum but didn't find any hits on how to do this.

I've designed a page that has an embeded flash movie (*.swf format). The page works great when I test it on my local server but when I post it on the net the movie (about 2 megs in size) takes a while to load. Is there any way to stream the movie as opposed to have the browser download it all at once? Any other suggestions to speed the loading of the page? Thanks in advance.

Of course you can do this and you don't have to pay for it. What you're looking for is a flash player script just like the one Youtube uses to watch streaming videos without download them first. Hottest FREE FLV player out there is currently JW FLV Media Player 4.0 and you can even change skins.

The JW FLV Player is an easy and flexible way to add video and audio to your website. It supports playback of any format the Adobe Flash Player can handle (FLV, MP4, MP3, AAC, JPG, PNG and GIF). It also supports RTMP, HTTP and live streaming, various playlists and captioning formats, a wide range of settings and an extensive javascript API. The brand new skinning functionality allows you to completely customize its looks!

Be sure to check this thread on Winamp forums about streaming Shoutcast through flash from your website.

Have you tried some web acceleratior, like Google Web Accelerator. Google Web Accelerator is an application that uses the power of Googles global computer network to make Web pages load faster. Web video loading time is annoying, that's why I use web player on my website.

Web Player & Flash Tools

-----

Well this is surely because of the size of the swf file. And maybe the speed of the servers where you are hosted. The only thing you can do is to make a preloader which will be played untill the swf will be loaded and after that your swf will be played and the preloader will dissapear :D.

i have a quick question about flash audioHow To: Flash Streaming

I have a site up and all my audio clips work fine except for 2. I have 2 clips I edited with camtasia and then transfered the file back to an mp3 file. The file plays fine on my computer but when I put it on the site, the player just sits there and shows it is buffering and never plays?? any suggestions on how I can get this to play? I think for some reason it had to do with editing the file with camtasia but I have no clue. Is there any other program I can take an mp3 file and edite certain sections out and re save it as an mp3 to upload onto my site?? 

-reply by mike

Flash requires pluginsHow To: Flash Streaming

No matter what you do...If you are loading anything in a browser besides html/css (xhtml?) you need plugins. Flash certainly requires the viewer to have a flashplugin installed in their browser.

-reply by Visitor

...I've designed a page that has an embeded flash movie (*.swf format). The page works great when I test it on my local server but when I post it on the net the movie (about 2 megs in size) takes a while to load. Is there any way to stream the movie as opposed to have the browser download it all at once? Any other suggestions to speed the loading of the page? Thanks in advance.

You can set the flash movie to auto load with the Flash video player on playerdiy.com. Check this page - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

Camtasia Studio 6 by Techsmith is a good investment for creating streaming video...

It allows you to add Titles and transitions simply... and allows the inclusion of several clips/formats as well as images.

Its output options include...
2gxlq49.jpg
6oo2f4.jpg

In the output phase, it produces all the html and javascript required...
:P