xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
thejestergl

Being Sick at the worst possible times

Well I have been sick for about five days now with an average of 103 degree temperature and have major fatigue. I have been bed ridden for about four days and have gone no further then the bathroom across the hall. Being both dizzy and a little nauseous it is hard to type. I have lost so many credits too because of absence which is not good because a run in a guild on world of warcraft and need the credits to keep the site up! Not only that but this was supposed to be my last week on winter vacation but it has not felt like a vacation at all. I could not do my winter homework and I have a test right when I get back which I can't even study for. I have to go to the hospital tomorrow to see why my temperature wont go down. You know its bad when you feel like you are at normal temperature and not hot at all even though you are burning up at 102. While I was sick my site went down, work couldn't get done, had to miss a friends birthday, and missing out on some guild affairs. Although just a game, to me being sick and missing out on the things that I do in World of Warcraft being a guild master and all is a big deal. Heh, I am hoping that my ranting will earn me some credits even if it isn't enough. Being sick the worst ever because you just don't feel like doing anything but sleeping and I have lost my appetite which is not good because I need the energy. When I try to walk I stubble a lot and use the walls for support. I don't have a runny noise or sore throat though so its not like the normal flu. That is why my parents are taking me to the doctors tomorrow. I am hoping that it makes a difference and I get better soon. But getting all this work done afterwards will not be a fun thing either, or a walk in the park.

Well I have been sick for about five days now with an average of 103 degree temperature and have major fatigue. I have been bed ridden for about four days and have gone no further then the bathroom across the hall. Being both dizzy and a little nauseous it is hard to type. I have lost so many credits too because of absence which is not good because a run in a guild on world of warcraft and need the credits to keep the site up! Not only that but this was supposed to be my last week on winter vacation but it has not felt like a vacation at all. I could not do my winter homework and I have a test right when I get back which I can't even study for. I have to go to the hospital tomorrow to see why my temperature wont go down. You know its bad when you feel like you are at normal temperature and not hot at all even though you are burning up at 102. While I was sick my site went down, work couldn't get done, had to miss a friends birthday, and missing out on some guild affairs.
Although just a game, to me being sick and missing out on the things that I do in World of Warcraft being a guild master and all is a big deal. Heh, I am hoping that my ranting will earn me some credits even if it isn't enough. Being sick the worst ever because you just don't feel like doing anything but sleeping and I have lost my appetite which is not good because I need the energy. When I try to walk I stubble a lot and use the walls for support. I don't have a runny noise or sore throat though so its not like the normal flu. That is why my parents are taking me to the doctors tomorrow. I am hoping that it makes a difference and I get better soon. But getting all this work done afterwards will not be a fun thing either, or a walk in the park.

The SAME thing is happening with me!!! Everyone is sick down here.. aww I hope you get better so you can get back to WOW :)

Notice from rvalkass:

Fixed quote tags.

Phew I have been feeling loads better but now it stinks because I missed a WEEK of school and I have so much make up work to do! I've been working on the weekends so that is no fun at all >.<! Oh well, you have to do what you have to do I suppose. Thanks for the blessings :)

Glad to hear you're better, it sucks being sick over break. It seems like I'm always sick on my birthday, too, which really sucks, and a few months ago I had some type of cold that got me up to a 104 degree fever, but I strangely felt fine except for my joints aching and barely being able to stand.Perhaps the suckiest time I have been sick was on the day of the SAT. And I was even avoiding sugar and washing my hands like mad the entire week before just so I wouldn't get sick. :)Oh well, I'm better now, and so are you. Good luck finishing up all your work, by the way, because I know how awful that feels. Have a lot of smilies and be happy. :)

Excellent, I got sick once and it ended up as being the sole reason for me failing AP Calculus (would've had a B, but I'm not going through that again, not worth it).

Glad to hear you're better, it sucks being sick over break. It seems like I'm always sick on my birthday, too, which really sucks, and a few months ago I had some type of cold that got me up to a 104 degree fever, but I strangely felt fine except for my joints aching and barely being able to stand.Perhaps the suckiest time I have been sick was on the day of the SAT. And I was even avoiding sugar and washing my hands like mad the entire week before just so I wouldn't get sick. :)
Oh well, I'm better now, and so are you. Good luck finishing up all your work, by the way, because I know how awful that feels. Have a lot of smilies and be happy. :)

Yeah I know that i was not feeling very well when I took the SATs and the score showed for it but I seemed to be a little bit more alert than you haha. I'm sorry that you had such a high fever, I know once your fever actually reaches 105 you should go to the hospital ASAP (I found that out when I had a 104.9 and my mom called the doctor who said 'Don't worry until he reaches 105). You were really close there which is rather frightening! But I have to say, I have some comfort knowing that I am not the only one who goes through this and that other people know what its like to be sick and miss on work. It seems like a great thing at first that you can stay home and not do any work, but personally I rather go and just get the stuff done than deal with it later! Plus I get to actually see friends at school instead of medicine bottles >.<!

Excellent, I got sick once and it ended up as being the sole reason for me failing AP Calculus (would've had a B, but I'm not going through that again, not worth it).

Yeah I took AP Calculus as well and I have to say that was a very touch course. I was to the point where I had to get 100% on my finally to actually get a B in the class, if I got any lower I would get a C. Though I studied only for that final and ended up getting the 100% I didn't do too well on a couple of my other finals. Thankfully though no matter what grade I got on my other finals my overall grade wouldn't change whether I got a 0% or 100%. I have to say that after AP Calculus I was done with math and am not taking one this year. I am not really sure if it was the teacher or the class itself. I'm sorry that so much was banked on your health and I really do wish the best for you later on >.<! Hopefully it doesn't end up in that situation again.

-Jester

i got sick for a month cause i had bronchitis x-x it was the worst month ever! i couldn't sleep, the most sleep i had gotten that month was about 4 hours cause i was up coughing. My medicine made me throw up every single time. so while i waited for my new medicine i was suffering on the couch every day. with a temperature and the worst cough in the world. That and my sinuses were congested i had to breath through my already sore throat oh it was horrible! the worst feeling in the world is feeling sick. its not fun it takes up your time especially school work and friends. when i got back after a month of school i had a months worth of make up hw AND lessons on top of the stuff that we were covering at the time. it was crazy.

That really sucks.I got some type of sickness thats been going on for a month now...its like a cold but its lasted for almost a month now, you start to get a sore throat, then the next day you have a horrible sore throat, and your body feels like it cold collapse at any minute...and that lasts for 2-4 days, then for a week its just bad coughing and an extremely minor sore throat. Then after the week, you get the same thing as before, a sore body and throat. and then really bad coughing again, and its still been going on for me....except now all I have is an extremely minor throat sore, and a bad cough. its really weird, and its been going around where i live.

That really sucks.
I got some type of sickness thats been going on for a month now...its like a cold but its lasted for almost a month now, you start to get a sore throat, then the next day you have a horrible sore throat, and your body feels like it cold collapse at any minute...and that lasts for 2-4 days, then for a week its just bad coughing and an extremely minor sore throat. Then after the week, you get the same thing as before, a sore body and throat. and then really bad coughing again, and its still been going on for me....except now all I have is an extremely minor throat sore, and a bad cough. its really weird, and its been going around where i live.

This my friend is what you call bronchitis :3 coughing sore throat coughing keeps you up all night it sticks with you for a time period of a month but once you get it you can't get rid of it O.o; but you can make it go to sleep for a long time :) you should go to a doctor and get the proper medicine. so that you get better faster! don't wait it out. cause it could get worse with even more coughing :)