xisto Community
jlrr94

What's A Cms? Know a little more about CMS.

The web community is getting bigger, and bigger everyday and the webdesigners are always looking for faster ways of creating and maintaining website with a very nice look. That's why CMS were created.

A content management system (CMS) is a system used to manage the content of a Web site.Content management systems are deployed primarily for interactive use by a potentially large number of contributors.

There are a lot of CMS, I currently use Joomla. Some examples of CMS are:

Joomla

Mambo

e107

phpNuke

Wordpress

Xoops

Drupal

Those are just some of the CMS, all this are free but there are also some paid CMS.

"Don't wait until you are completely alone to recognize the value of a friend"

HAVE A NICE DAY! :)

Recently I have installed Joomla in one of my sub-domain to see how to configure and what I can do with that?And have some doubt......1. Whether and how can I install my forum (phpBB 3).2. There is a login option in the first page can those members automatically access the forum section.3. There are many sections how and what I can configure?4. Which is the best and free CMS from the list you have given, also I have heard that Plone is good and free but only installed in server, please through light into it.

Edited by bhavesh (see edit history)

Thats a good piece of information.I tried to use CMS but I found difficulty in navigating through the Content management system.And is there any easy to use CMS.If anyone know about it then please tell me.I am really curious on how to use this Content management systems(CMS). :)

I think also that joomla is the best content menagment service available for the overral content however if you are about to have blog then the best thing to the would nbe to use wordpress. I use it also in my blog. And furthermore it is very accessible.

Also I would like to note to all of you that there are many more alike and also free programs like pivot which is mostly used for blogging however it allows very easy custimizattion so you would be able to build dynamic sites very easily on this shell I say eventhough politically incorrect engine.

And finally to return to joomla it is great I am still experimenting with its options and I making myself familiar with its code hoever it is really great service and all of you should try and use it. I think that it is the best free service available out there.

If u want something easy I recommend Wordpress; Drupal is very easy compared to Joomla but it hasn't so many complements avaible.But I insist, if u want to create a good site use Joomla, if u need help I can help u just PM me.

I have extensive experience with Joomla and Wordpress.. Currently I am using Wordpress as my CMS..
If you need help or advice contact me..
Here is another CMS to add to the list..

NanoCMS

I have been experiencing with it as of late.. PM if your using NanoCMS..

Thnx..

Trusty Content Manager Systems are great. I don't personally use any CMS atm, but I use to. Really helps orginse and control your content. Kinda says that in the name, but hey. I've never kept with a CMS I normally use them only to get the site running, never as a continuos thing.Only as the test pages, if you get what I mean.

Well, I am reading replies from zou guzs and I have just got idea to write something more that I havenćt mentioned before and that zou all should consider currently as it seems not many people use cms systems that in fact means or the abbreviation stands for content menagment system. And it is great way to control your content and in really good manners and I strongly suggest using content menagment systems that are specified for the means. Because if you would check the best currently in my opinion content menagment system for the blogs is wordpress and it is really great however if you are targeting something else like articles or some online magazine. I strongly suggest that you use joomla because it is exstensible and it is great i n the real sens of that word. You hvae many different valuable things that you might use extensions modification packages icons groups and so on. Also every oart is exstensible and so on. I do not have much experience with joomla but I have done some experiments however, and from what I have saw it is really great and workable. And before everything easy for use for any customer and developer even without php mysql and other skills usually needed for developing web sites.In the end decision is yours. :)

Well, I am reading replies from zou guzs and I have just got idea to write something more that I havenćt mentioned before and that zou all should consider currently as it seems not many people use cms systems that in fact means or the abbreviation stands for content menagment system. And it is great way to control your content and in really good manners and I strongly suggest using content menagment systems that are specified for the means.
Because if you would check the best currently in my opinion content menagment system for the blogs is wordpress and it is really great however if you are targeting something else like articles or some online magazine. I strongly suggest that you use joomla because it is exstensible and it is great i n the real sens of that word.

You hvae many different valuable things that you might use extensions modification packages icons groups and so on. Also every oart is exstensible and so on. I do not have much experience with joomla but I have done some experiments however, and from what I have saw it is really great and workable. And before everything easy for use for any customer and developer even without php mysql and other skills usually needed for developing web sites.

In the end decision is yours. biggrin.gif
Notice from jlhaslip:
Please quote other postings.
One-liners are considered Spam on this Forum
Please read the Xisto readme file.
http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?actE=01&HID=18

I think also that joomla is the best content menagment service available for the overral content however if you are about to have blog then the best thing to the would nbe to use wordpress. I use it also in my blog. And furthermore it is very accessible.
Also I would like to note to all of you that there are many more alike and also free programs like pivot which is mostly used for blogging however it allows very easy custimizattion so you would be able to build dynamic sites very easily on this shell I say eventhough politically incorrect engine.

And finally to return to joomla it is great I am still experimenting with its options and I making myself familiar with its code hoever it is really great service and all of you should try and use it. I think that it is the best free service available out there.

I went to your blog and personally I think its very well done. You must have some sort of programming knowledge to be able to do it.

In my opinion, I think Wordpress is a very good CMS for beginners like me too. Although the support isn't extensive, meaning to say you can't really find good solutions to your questions via a community-based Q&A section, they do provide a codex that should get your blog up and running (for the beginners).

I've never used Joomla before but I kept hearing about it from other people. What is it really? I mean, I know the basic concept of CMS, but what can I do with Joomla? Create websites out of thin air? Start a cool-looking website about crap from scratch?

I want to make it short but it is hard:

A content management system, or CMS, is a web application designed to make it easy for non-technical users to add, edit and, well, manage a website.

Not only do content management systems help website users with content editing, they also take care of a lot of "behind the scenes" work such as:

* Automatically generate navigation elements

* Making content searchable and indexable

* Keeping track of users, their permissions and security settings

* And much, much more.

Hope it will help you.

Notice from rvalkass:

Quotes added around copied content. Remember that anything you copy must have Quote tags around it.