xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
coolcat50

Kirara Sig

I just finished making this sig in GIMP and I was trying a lot of new things. I used a font I downloaded, cut my own render, used a lot of scripts, and followed a tutorial to create the lightning in the background. I was just rendering the Kirara when I decided to make a signature with it and that is what inspired me. Please rate it. I made a custom brush for the gradient and used the ripple script to give it the wavy look.

Posted Image

Ok I will rate this. I think while your still a beginner doing these sorts of things are good since you learn tools and methods on creating things. But I really dont like how you tend to use others images and turn them into your own sig without giving credit to where you got the render from. If i'm mistaken then I'm sorry, if all the image there was yours then good job. I would rate this as nothing special. The one thing i like is the fizzy lighting effect as I've not seen it before.I know not everyone can draw and create their own images and I know it does take alot of time so sometimes its much quicker to take someones render and cut it and use it on your own sig or what ever. I've seen alot here and I'm sure they didnt draw it them selves but they dont give any credit to the original artist. Sometimes even trying to pass it off as their own complete work. The lens flare effect looks like it was just thrown in there for the sake of it. I mean it dosent look like it fits there. The font I dont personally like. This is just my point of view I know you probably disagree since you choose it.

Ummm. The image was found on Google Images and I cut it out of a JPEG image. The image was a screen from the show and I just cut it out. And thanks for the comments though.

Ok I will rate this. I think while your still a beginner doing these sorts of things are good since you learn tools and methods on creating things. But I really dont like how you tend to use others images and turn them into your own sig without giving credit to where you got the render from. If i'm mistaken then I'm sorry, if all the image there was yours then good job.
I would rate this as nothing special. The one thing i like is the fizzy lighting effect as I've not seen it before.

I know not everyone can draw and create their own images and I know it does take alot of time so sometimes its much quicker to take someones render and cut it and use it on your own sig or what ever. I've seen alot here and I'm sure they didnt draw it them selves but they dont give any credit to the original artist. Sometimes even trying to pass it off as their own complete work.

The lens flare effect looks like it was just thrown in there for the sake of it. I mean it dosent look like it fits there. The font I dont personally like. This is just my point of view I know you probably disagree since you choose it.

It is not expected for you to give credit on renders. It is implied that you got the render from somewhere and that you did not make it yourself. Also half of the time the render is well known so giving credit would be a waste. And as a whole the finished product is thier work, and they can take claim in everything that is in there, because they did all of the labor putting it together. Why wouldn't you claim it.

It is not expected for you to give credit on renders.

Where is this rule given? So when someone puts up their own complete work to show they must put 'All this work is mine, everything was all drawn by me' for people to not think oh he must of stole a render. I get it now.

Ok, looks pretty good for a beginner! To start I would use Photoshop for signatures but that's your own choise.I would work on the color match of the signature and the render. I also think that it would look nicer if you worked a littlebit more with sharpen and bluring. The font is nice but something I found out myself is that it is nicer if you let it "jump out"a little bit more. I hope these tips were usefull. :)Greetzz

I tend to agree with Senor Maniac about renders. There is no "rule" about using other peoples art work unless you consider copyrights, which is a whole seperate issue. Most of us are not talented enough to create our own original art work, and do indeed use renders. I admire anybody who is an artist that can create such work. However, I think you will find that the majority of people use renders of other peoples art in there sigs. The manipulation, blending, layering and addition of special effects is the creation of the sig designer.

Perhaps to say something like "This sig was designed by XXXX" would be sufficient. This does not take credit for the original art work, but only the aformentioned attributes. Let us not get so caught up in such details as to make the designing of sigs a quest for only those who can create the whole thing from scratch.