xisto Community
jlrr94

Byet Host Is Bad!

I used to use Byethost, they offered a great service 250MB of storage, good bandwidth, scripts installer,support add-on and parked domains, and a lot more but one day they just decided to change the upload limit to 1MB!!! So I wasn't able to upload anything by my Joomla installer, I decided to leave that hosting and now I'm looking for a good hosting and I think Xisto is my choice...I just need to wait to get my account :)

I tried their hosting a long time before... I liked them. But lots downtime. Their bandwidth and disk space is good. However they are still one of the few web hosts (FREE) which survives! In the free-webhosts site there are lot of messages about how fast they are now... But I think i will go for trap 17...

Yes! Byet host is a bad host for me because I dont really know what's their purpose... lol... They offer good services although they are a little bit slower. I think Byethost is a unfriendly site. Their cPanel thingy there is themed with Vista which is very yucky. I didnt like it. Xisto is better than that Byethost!-Amiel

Hmm well trap176 is brilliant and its what I use. Until I need or can afford payed hosting but that'll be a while yet. I also fnd because you are required to post on the forums any problems you have a quickly sorted out!

Hmm well trap176 is brilliant and its what I use. Until I need or can afford payed hosting but that'll be a while yet. I also fnd because you are required to post on the forums any problems you have a quickly sorted out!

My first of impression of Byet Host is good. It offers big storage and bandwidth capacity.
Its cPanel is nice.

Byet Host does not install complete add on for PHP though. That's mean many classes in certain framework (e.g. Zend Framework) will not work.
That's why I move to Xisto :P

However, I do not know about its speed. I only use it to test my PHP application.

Well good call my friend ..I was just about to switch to that site to check out its features ...Good thing I noticed this topic before I registered in Byet Host...So I think Xisto is the best when it comes to web space hosting ...Then I rather stick with this site then go to Byet Host ..

I'm sticking with Xisto 100% but I also get some other hosts for other site reasons and stuff.I have a friend that uses this host, I have seen no problems yet but who knows, I don't like the domain with byethost in it...I don't know why..

A webhosting should provide cronjob and fsockopen() php function enabled. But byethost and other free hosting providers do not provide these. I think these functions are too important. I have a forum site. And I want to watch the RSS from my website, but it requires fsockopen() function. Byethost has more bad things for example my website on byethost was frequently redirecting to another blog sites because of maintenance they say.

I'm actually switching from Byethost to Xisto (just have to wait for an account here). Byethost seemed to have a lot of downtime for me, and one site I hosted on it won't even load at all anymore. A couple days ago when I went to log in, cPanel said it was unable to contact me and needed my email address. So I put in my gmail account, and it gives me a message saying how yahoo accounts aren't permitted, well it had the word Yahoo in the email name, so it got confused apparently. It wouldn't let me log in, and I had to wait until the next day to be able to access my files. Then I wanted to upload a 3mb swf file, but it wouldn't work. It was under the stated limit, but I guess my internet upload speed wasn't fast enough to upload it in the 500 second time limit that was posted. That's why I'm switching along with this having more space. It wasn't a really bad host, I mean heck it was free. Since this site only allows one account, I'd probably go back to byethost to make a small little free site if I got the urge since I'm already used to it.

Edited by Cat5e (see edit history)

I've used byethost.com before and i must say that it isn't one of the best webhosts out there but it certainly is pretty good! One of the best features is that it offers unrestricted php support...i think...i can't remember. Well i was able to use fsockopen() function so that's a plus!

To be honest Byet Host does suck. They have limited nearly every feature they have/offer. If your looking for hosting Xisto is the best choice you should be looking for. :P Domain for $10...that is awesome! :)-Sky