xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jlrr94

Windows, Linux Or Mac Osx? Which OS do u prefer.

Operating Systems  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I've tried Ubuntu Gutsy and Windows Vista. I liked Ubuntu but I think that it needs more work to become a "real" OS, I mean, u need to know many code to can use it properly, I have 2PCs in one I've Windows Vista (my main laptop) and in my secondary PC (desktop) I've Ubuntu and Windows XP (dual-boot).Give ur opinion about this OS.!

All my life, I've been using Windows. From 95 to 98 to 2000 and then XP..Finally I also used Windows Vista and went back to XP after a few months, because I didn't like it anymore - it just didn't work for me. I use Dell Inspiron 6400, so until recently it was impossible for me to have a MAC. But some time ago, it became possible for computers with SSE2/SSE3 processors, to install a modified version of Mac Leopard or Tiger...I was waiting and waiting for a good release and then Kalyway release came and I decided to go for it....I backed up my whole system and bam, I managed to install Leopard on my system and everything works! Right now I am going to buy a license, because it is worth it...Well now that I am able to compare mac with the windows crew, I have to say I am impressed. It looks good, it works, it doesn't lag, it just works so to speak...So yes, my vote went for MacOSX Leopard, which is the best operating system around in my opinion...The only thing I've noticed so far, is that I have a few long (but joyful) hours of finding good programs, because my old Windows versions don't work here...

Edited by heavensounds (see edit history)

Using mac osx was a terrible expeience, I'm good with a computer but the operating system just makes everything seem so hard and it looks terrible... Windows is better dispite it's creator companies many flaws. I want to try vista t o see if it's any good but my impressionis that its for people who can hardly use a pc and is all 'babyfied' but some features seem good like using a flash memory stick as extra ram that my friend talked about

I want to try vista t o see if it's any good but my impressionis that its for people who can hardly use a pc and is all 'babyfied'

Actually, i've tried Vista before on this one laptop. It's nothing like XP; XP, in my opinion, is much simpler than Vista. In Vista they added in a lot of stuff—unnecessary stuff, in my opinion. Sure there's always eye candy, but that all goes down the drain for me if the UI is not convenient. I'm quite sure that, although you may be familiar with XP, you're going to have to navigate around Vista a bit to better understand it.

All my life, I've been using Windows. From 95 to 98 to 2000 and then XP..Finally I also used Windows Vista and went back to XP after a few months, because I didn't like it anymore - it just didn't work for me. I use Dell Inspiron 6400, so until recently it was impossible for me to have a MAC. But some time ago, it became possible for computers with SSE2/SSE3 processors, to install a modified version of Mac Leopard or Tiger...

Same story till "impossible for me to have a MAC". I too have Inspiron 6400 & now will try out the Kalyway.

Till then Windows XP rocks.

I have Windows XP and tried Windows Vista in other Computers. Well, I would stick with Windows XP because of it's Simplicity and uniqueness. I think Windows XP gives me all of the satisfying content that I really need. And besides, Windows Vista requires too much high system specifications and it's hard for me to adjust. I dont really think that Windows Vista will make people satisfied with it. First thing when I saw it's desktop, I saw the shiney effects and other things. But actually, I find it so boring. Unlike in Windows XP when I was on my desktop, I feel refreshed with it's simplicity and it's uniqueness. Also, I find Windows Vista's new features. Well, When I saw it, there are some things there that is not really important into a person.On the other hand, I also tried Ubuntu in our School. At first I thought it rocks but it's not. Like Windows Vista for me, I find it so boring. Although Ubuntu is distributed for free but Windows Vista is worthy to buy.

I work with Windows XP but i tried with Windows Vista, and Linux. Windows Vista, is a super O.S. but it's still a little poor in some aspects. For example, i use solidworks, and solidworks 2007 don't work in windows vista, because, windows vista uses directx, and don't use open glide anymore. The program solidworks have to upgrade to directx to work in vista, like the new version solid works vista. Other O.S. like linux, are the future, because this programs are changing the possibilities of new O.S., in Brazil we have a version called Kurumin, it's so nice, the interface it's really cool. And others O.S. like Mac O.S, i know only a little bit, but i think it's a little bit complicated...

Windows xp... simply because its what I have... its what I'm going to use for a while, and until I get a different one, its what I'm stuck with.

Never used Linux but I hate HATE the mac Operating system. Most things grow on me after a while but I hate all of it, I can barely think of one good feature I like.

It's nice to see people have experience of old OS as Windows 95, maybe even older? Back to the days when i bought my first computer(a 486) 1992, the choice of OS for a PC was simply one, Windows 3.1. Basical simply graphics, but it was cool, even if I got used to using MS-DOS alot. When Windows 95 released, everyone i knew talked about how awesome windows 95 were, plug n play, backward compatibility, 32-bit, new user interface. I was even lucky trying Windows NT 4.0, with kernelbased programs, which opened up for nice security holes, and program instability. But Indeed, Windows NT are our father to Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Vista. Today I'm using both Windows XP and Windows Vista, both in case of support. Even if Vista has more features, both graphic user interface and more system opportunities, Windows XP are still the one I prefer(Years of experience using it). Some customers have bad experience of using Vista, like Vista has no backward compatibility for games and programs, that customers are using. Often helped by upgrading softwares/games online. But still there are alot of old goodies that have been falling off the track when you start using Vista. UAC (User Account Control) is one of the functions that in the beginning drove me crazy. Executing an msi package, will generate the question, if you "really" want to execute the installer package. I'm fully aware of that the UAC has its advantages and you'll have 100% controll of whats happening with your computer. One more thing that I've encounter by helping customers to upgrade to Vista, is the lack of device drivers. Frustrated, I spent a couple of hour at my customers computer, which began to get frustrated on me because of the waiting. No, there were any drivers for his device for Vista. Hopefully, for Microsoft's part I wish they will cover up the lack as soon as possible.Still there are peoples that are jumping off the Vista train and goes back to Windows XP. And thats a pity, special if you just bought a new computer with a Windows Vista license and wish go back using XP, you must buy just another license, an XP license. Why not give the freedom to customers by giving them an universal CDkey that are working for the latest of Microsofts operating systems?Oh, that would be a crackers delight, wouldn't it?

I use Vista, but I have Kubuntu 7.10 installed, in case I need to download something from Rapidshare and Windows renames it to an "EFW" file.And yes, I have used, at least once, all non-server Windows versions 3 and higher, except for maybe CE and 7.For some odd reason, Windows is actually faster. The main reason I don't use Linux as often anymore is because a lot of programs I have only run on Windows and I can't bother to set up Wine properly.