xisto Community
Aeara

Site Gone? [resolved] Aeara learns the hard way again...

Hello Staff here's my situation: I haven't posted since tuesday and I believe I had 4 or 5 days left today.

I had 0.23 Hosting Credits left, yet I posted a few times just today...to recieve 5.88 hosted days again however the following quote is what I recieved when I typed for my site url.

The requested URL could not be retrieved
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The following error was encountered:

Unable to determine IP address from host name for unknown server name
This means that:
The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
Check if the address is correct.

Is this a permanent thing?
Is there something that an admin can do?
Is my database and all my work gone or can I get it back?
Is there a way to get it all back?

~ I appreciate all your help. This was an emergency that won't be happening again thanks.

Right now there is a server problem on gamma and so your site is still there its just not connecting properly for some strange reason. So bare with the tech support as they figure out why the server is down or rather why it has been down for so long going on nearly 11 hours now which is unusual down time. Also just let you know your problem also corresponds with this topic here, so check here for updates.

O=. Thank god. Thanks bro. I sincerely thought it corresponded with my emergency inactivity in real life. This actually gives me great relief since I procrastinated saving everything from the ftp account on my home pc. If the ftp works tonight I'll go ahead and save everything in case I actually do have my information lost due to unexpected inactivity. I'll be on look out when the site get's back up and I'll notify my site members pronto. Thanks for the link.

Edit: By the way, it says I'm a newbie now. Why is that when I was a normal member before?

Edited by Aeara (see edit history)

The only way you would have lost your info if you reached -30 hosting credits and then your account would be terminated, but since you are in the positive for credits you have nothing to worry about. As for the newbie question is has to do with posting and how many credits you can earn, meaning the higher the post count the rate of credits you get in a post diminishes just a bit.

=), staff, members, thank you for your feedback. I appreciate knowing that this was an error and not anything having to do with my actual account. Also more relief for the fact that I have to have -30 in hosting post credits to be deleted (something I'm confident in saying won't happen). I wish I could reward you all with some sort of gift, but I really am not the great-gift giving type =/, in consolation I'll be contributing very adequate via posting sensibly and actively on your board while working on my site as best as possible. In short; thanks and I'll be around to offer whatever I can to the board.