xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FlameX

Hp Goes High-def With New Multimedia Notebook

Hewlett-Packard, the top global PC vendor, Thursday introduced a multimedia notebook packed with high-definition features, including a screen that allows users to watch full HDTV movies.
The HP Pavilion HDX laptop, targeted at multimedia enthusiasts, has a 20.1-inch high-definition screen that plays back true 1080p high-definition television, according to HP. Users will have the option of selecting from an HD DVD or Blu-ray Disc drives to play back high-definition movies.

Powered by the Core 2 Extreme or Core 2 Duo processors from Intel, the system includes a hybrid TV tuner that lets users watch high-definition or analog TV broadcasts. The tuner will also provide digital video recorder capabilities, with users able to record and pause live TV.

The system includes an Nvidia GeForce 8800M GTS graphics card with 512M bytes of video memory, HP said. It also includes has four Altec Lansing speakers with a subwoofer built in. The system will support storage of up to 500G bytes and have integrated wired and wireless networking.

The system will run on Windows Vista Home Premium or Windows Vista Ultimate. Starting at US$1,999, the system will ship in the U.S. this month, according to HP.

HP on Thursday also introduced the Pavilion tx2000 tablet PC, a portable laptop targeted at students and professionals. Users can rotate the screen 180 degrees and use a stylus to capture handwriting or surf the Internet, according to HP.

Powered by Advanced Micro Devices' Turion 64 X2 dual-core processor, the PC comes with a 12.1-inch screen and Windows Vista OS. It will have a DVD+/- RW drive, up to 250G bytes of storage, integrated wireless and wired networking, a fingerprint reader and a webcam. It weighs 4.29 pounds (1.95 kilograms) with a 4-cell battery, according to HP.

The PC will be available starting at $1,299, depending on configuration. It will ship later this month in the U.S.
The laptops were announced ahead of the Consumer Electronics Show, to be held in Las Vegas between January 7 and 10, where they will be on display.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Plagiarised from:
Board Rules
Xisto Readme

Please read the information in the link provided. Thanks
Second and Final Note. Next will be a Warning Issued.

Welcome to Xisto, FlameX.Part of the rules of this forum is to put content that you snagged from another website in quote tags. You might want to go through the rules real quick. :) As for the HDX, I saw this sucker on CNet before and it's a heavy beast, not to mention a great portable media center. But at a starting price of $2000? Yikes.Then again, my HP zd8000 on release was near $1600, and that was last year for a 3.2GHz Pentium 4, 80GB HD, 1GB RAM, 256MB ATI Radeon Mobility X600 laptop with a 17" widescreen. :( I'd recommend the HDX to people who would appreciate a portable media station, because that's what this thing really is. If you absolutely needed the capabilities of a desktop without the bulk, the HDX would be a good choice.It's crazy that this even mentions the tx1100, which I have not seen anything related yet. However, I also have a tablet PC by HP (the tc1100) and it's funny how they mention the same types of laptops that I own in one article. (The HP tc1100 cost me $700 from an eBay vendor.) It looks like a full-sized laptop though... but only weighing in at 4.3 lbs, compared to my tc1100 at 4 lbs.If it's anything like my tc1100, I would recommend that you picked this out as an actually-portable mini-computer that you could take out on the road, your travels, or even tote around within the home for Internet access at arms reach. Although it's not exactly in the class of a UMPC (ultra-mobile PC), it's pretty darn good.