xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
roo.t

Contradictions In Website Rules

Hey there all. Xisto seems like a great website for free hosting and seems to have a great community behind it. Anyway I was reading through the terms and conditions before signing up to these forums and I've also been reading the stickies here and there. I think I've come across some conflicting rules. One sticky mentions that each host credit you obtain equates to the number of days you can stay inactive on the forums. On the other hand the terms and conditions of registering to this website clearly mention that:

* Stay active (suspension): Once a user has been granted a hosting account (s)he must stay active in these forums for as long as (s)he wishes to keep that account. This hosting company is community based and we do not want users to post solely for the sake of hosting. Staying active means you must contribute to the forum at least once every two weeks, and visit it at least once every week. Failure to doing so will result in your account being suspended or removed.

Thus is seems that the host credit = inactive days is not true.

Either way it's no biggy. I will happily use these forums once a week.

Also I was wondering where I could find specific information on the type of hosting I may eventually receive. I mean I know I can obtain 150mb cpanel hosting with php and msql. But I was looking for specific information like whether free hosting account will allow users to include pages in their website via the browser url (there are very few web host I know which allow this.

Anyway its good to be a member. I hope to contribute more in the future.

Nice catch as it seems that the old rules of when this forum was a post to host forum never got change when the credit system went into effect. Either way those rules are out dated and you the hosting credits do apply which means 1 hosting credit equals one day, so unless you build 1 weeks worth of credits and then post when you get hosted then yeah you can do that. Of course it would be wise to build up your credits after you get hosted because you get accepted your credits get reduce to two hosting credits, and so your account would be suspended during that week you are gone.

This is a list of the features Xisto provides in your hosting account:

features listed on this page

Or you can see a Demo of the Xisto Cpanel which would give you a broader picture of what to expect.

As for that feature you would need to give an example on that one either because its under a different name or I don't believe they have it.

* Stay active (suspension): Once a user has been granted a hosting account (s)he must stay active in these forums for as long as (s)he wishes to keep that account. This hosting company is community based and we do not want users to post solely for the sake of hosting. Staying active means you must contribute to the forum at least once every two weeks, and visit it at least once every week. Failure to doing so will result in your account being suspended or removed.

I have been gone on extended vacations and have never had a problem. I just make sure I have enough credits to be gone whatever length of time I need. My site has never been suspended while I was away. In fact it has never been suspended at any time. Keeping up your credits is like keeping a safe balance in your bank account. Don't cut it too close and you shouldn't have trouble. Keep a nice buffer in case of emergency. If you don't have enough credits to cover your absence, let the Admin know that you intend to come back, just to be safe.