xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zamaliphe

Streaming Video Capture On Linux this script will download all the stream video using linux mplayer

i was looking for video capter on linux and i coldent find one

so i rote one of my one

if you use linux then you can try this script

and if you need any hep just ask

#!/bin/bash#	  # mplayer auto dump stream script#this script will download all the stream files in the ./zam_list files#this script by (mohammed tawfeek) zamaliphe@gmail.com#i have do this to be able to watch the video on Linux#if you think it is illegally or some thing just  don't tel me that ha#Š #bash 6/6/2006download_folder="./video/"#grep -e HREF ./asx/*.asx > ./list1.txt#sed -i 's/[^"]*"\([^"]*\).*/\1/' ./list1.txt#nl ./list1.txt >./list.txtlet max=`grep -c [:alnum:] ./list.txt`echo "$max files will be downloaded"if [ -d $download_folder ]thenfor ((i=1; i<=$max; i++))dodownload_src=`gawk '$1 =="'$i'" {print $2}' ./list.txt`download_file=${download_folder}${download_src##*/}	printf "please wite...\ndownloading file number:%d of:%d \nfile is : %s\n" "$i" "$max" "$download_file"mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile "$download_file" "$download_src" doneelse echo "folder "$download_folder" notfound created "mkdir "$download_folder"for ((i=1; i<=$max; i++))dodownload_src=`gawk '$1 =="'$i'" {print $2}' ./list.txt`download_file=${download_folder}${download_src##*/}	printf "please wite...\ndownloading file number:%d of:%d \nfile is : %s\n" "$i" "$max" "$download_file"mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile "$download_file" "$download_src" donefi

reated " mkdir ./asx

fi #!/bin/bashasx_folder="./asx"asx_list=./asx_listif [ -d $asx_folder ]thenecho "folder "$asx_folder" notfound created "mkdir "$asx_folder"fiif [ -r $asx_list ]then wget -T 60  -t 0 -c -nd -P ./asx -i ./asx_listelse echo "error: no file list found  pleases add the list of '*.asx' fils you wish do download to file './asx_list' "fiif [ -d $asx_folder ]thengrep -e HREF ./asx/*.asx > ./list1.txtsed -i 's/[^"]*"\([^"]*\).*/\1/' ./list1.txtnl ./list1.txt >./list.txtelseecho "folder './asx' notfound created "mkdir ./asxfi

fell free to edit this script as you like under "gnu gpl" linsses :)

note::

link to my post at egptian form

http://archive.eglug.org/node/2079

the post under my name also

zamaliphe

and if you have any qustion fell free to ask

Edited by zamaliphe (see edit history)

Most people just use Firefox's video downloader and then play the files through VLC. Konqueror also has an mplayer plug-in which has a record button; it'll record anything streamable.

Most people just use Firefox's video downloader and then play the files through VLC. Konqueror also has an mplayer plug-in which has a record button; it'll record anything streamable.

i have trayed every thing and every thing fals apart

nothing work for me perfict than this small script

it is not perfct but it work

this script you can just creat a list of videos on text file and pass it to the script

and it wil download them all for you not just that it will decode them also so you can play the videos using any video player in linux

like mplayer kmplayer kaffeine and so . youdont need to use flav player in linux

and it take times to download videos so you beret do that will you are not a round

me i just find the videos

creat list to download and start the script from the command line

with a command to hatl the system when it finsh

after it finsh

and that some thing you cant do without this script

it take fom me about 7 dayes to wrote this script bay the way :)

and it is one of 6 apps i have created allredy

one of them fore backing up your web site to your email using bash script also

so you can corn it and you get email every day hav back up of your site

i will pos it here soon god willing

i was looking for video capter on linux and i coldent find one
so i rote one of my one

if you use linux then you can try this script

and if you need any hep just ask

#!/bin/bash#	  # mplayer auto dump stream script#this script will download all the stream files in the ./zam_list files#this script by (mohammed tawfeek) zamaliphe@gmail.com#i have do this to be able to watch the video on Linux#if you think it is illegally or some thing just  don't tel me that ha#Š #bash 6/6/2006download_folder="./video/"#grep -e HREF ./asx/*.asx > ./list1.txt#sed -i 's/[^"]*"\([^"]*\).*/\1/' ./list1.txt#nl ./list1.txt >./list.txtlet max=`grep -c [:alnum:] ./list.txt`echo "$max files will be downloaded"if [ -d $download_folder ]thenfor ((i=1; i<=$max; i++))dodownload_src=`gawk '$1 =="'$i'" {print $2}' ./list.txt`download_file=${download_folder}${download_src##*/}	printf "please wite...\ndownloading file number:%d of:%d \nfile is : %s\n" "$i" "$max" "$download_file"mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile "$download_file" "$download_src" doneelse echo "folder "$download_folder" notfound created "mkdir "$download_folder"for ((i=1; i<=$max; i++))dodownload_src=`gawk '$1 =="'$i'" {print $2}' ./list.txt`download_file=${download_folder}${download_src##*/}	printf "please wite...\ndownloading file number:%d of:%d \nfile is : %s\n" "$i" "$max" "$download_file"mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile "$download_file" "$download_src" donefi

reated " mkdir ./asx

fi #!/bin/bashasx_folder="./asx"asx_list=./asx_listif [ -d $asx_folder ]thenecho "folder "$asx_folder" notfound created "mkdir "$asx_folder"fiif [ -r $asx_list ]then wget -T 60  -t 0 -c -nd -P ./asx -i ./asx_listelse echo "error: no file list found  pleases add the list of '*.asx' fils you wish do download to file './asx_list' "fiif [ -d $asx_folder ]thengrep -e HREF ./asx/*.asx > ./list1.txtsed -i 's/[^"]*"\([^"]*\).*/\1/' ./list1.txtnl ./list1.txt >./list.txtelseecho "folder './asx' notfound created "mkdir ./asxfi

fell free to edit this script as you like under "gnu gpl" linsses :)

note::

link to my post at egptian form

http://archive.eglug.org/node/2079

the post under my name also

zamaliphe

and if you have any qustion fell free to ask

how can i use this script to play and save mms radio stream using mplayer?