xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Deathinflames

2005 Already..where Is The Time Going?!

Can you believe that its already going to be 2005!? Wow i still remember when everyone was in panic about the millenium, everyone stocking up the basement with food and water and yea....all that lol. Here we are almost 5 years later and it just seems like 4 years ago was just barely a couple days ago. Is it just me or does anyone one else agree that the time has been flying by faster than usual?

Haha, lol. Stocking up for the millenium? Wow, we never did that =P All 2005 means to me is that I'm that much closer to graduation #_# But yeah, it seems like time just slipped right out of my hands. whoosh! I didn't even realize it. I sort of hate it because I'm doing so craptastical in school right now and I can't do anything about it. #_# Oh well, gotta think up some new years resolutions and stuff. But now we have like what, 4 more years left with Bush? Isn't this just dandy. ;) Well, we'll see what will happen. ;) If the world ends tomorrow, I love you all <3

yeah every year seems to go by faster and faster, maybe it's because every year you get older so you notice it more. I still remember like my first day of year 7 in 2001 like it was yesterday and I'm in year 10 now >_<

There's no such things as time. There is only now. I thought Einstein proved that one. "Theory of Relativity" anyone?

True... Soon we will all be remembering the "good 'ol times" and start every conversation with "I remember it like it was yesterday"...Every 1st of January I look back and start yacking about how I wasted the whole year, and that this one will be different!Do you think that it will turn out to be "different"? I think not...The problem? We forget what we have done in the year before, and it looks like it passed by veeery quckly.Either that, or we have all entered the twilight zone! :rolleyes:

Yeah, the millenium...that reminds me I think I still have a few cans of beans left in my cupboard :) . Time is flying by and it seems like it's going at warp speed nowadays. I agree that we only have the here and now and so we can make it memorable. As the bible says, "don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow has concerns of its own." And I wouldn't focus too much on the past because our brain tends to mostly focus on the negative events in our lives. Well, that's my little spiel...Is it outdated to say, "Carpe Diem"?Still alive in 2005...Byrdhouse :rolleyes:

everything seems to be going faster then usual for you guys cuz maybe not that much happened in your lives. then again, maybe you're just too grown up that you're use to how long everything is. for me, a lot of stuff is going on in my life and i think the years are passing by pretty slowly. but then again, it felt like last month when i celebrated my birthday and it's in marchbut once the year comes, you'll think "wow, that was fast" because everything just passed by, but if you really think about it, it went really slow

Those people where so stupid stocking up for the millenium. I mean they actually thought the world was going to end and all the electronics will kill us and planes will fall from the sky. I didnt think that for a second. Also for people in North America we knew a day before the world wasn't coming to an end. Casue half way around the world beacuase of time zones people were already in he year 2000 when us North Americans where still in 1999 for another 24 hours.

Yeah... Seems like just yesterday that... My family didn't really stock up on anything. We own a restaurant anyway. *laughs* But I think it'd be interesting cooking over an open fire. I don't think any of us have ever been camping. I did join everyone in imagining what it'd be like for all the technology to give out though. I was imagining farms and... something very Amish-like. But realistically, I doubt we'd have to regress that far. We'd just create new 'technologies' before you could blink. Neccesity is the mother of invention, after all. We'd be desperate for all our conveniences. Hm, we were all pretty silly then, weren't we. I mean, anyone have could just changed their computer clock to Dec 31st, 1999, and watched their computer not spontaneously combust at 'midnight'.

There's no such things as time. There is only now. I thought Einstein proved that one. "Theory of Relativity" anyone?

38323[/snapback]

Then again, he also said "As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." and, "I don't believe in mathematics."

Yeah...2000 does seem like not to long ago...I guess time i flying by pretty fast. but in all honesty im glad 2004 has come and gone, it was a horrible year for me my mother got sick with ALS, my Brother got hit by a car..yeah its just been a horrible year. Im looking forward to it getting better tho, I mean it cant get much worse, well i shouldnt say that cause it could i suppose. but anyway yay 2005 :D