xisto Community
shadowx

Anyone Heard Of Safekom.com?

As the topic title suggests im looking for info on the safekom.com website and company. Im looking for a usb ide 2.5 HDD caddy (an enclosure for a bog standard 2.5 inch laptop HDD that ports it to USB to use as an external device) and this website seems to offer what im looking for for only ?4 (about $7.5-$8) which is similar to the ?5 one i saw on ebay. The problem is that there is a website called softcom.cn in china which seems to offer very similar products and it seems odd that the website i found is the same URL but with a K instead of C which could be a scam playing on a mistype by the user. Things that make me suspicious are: The URL, the price (in most shops its at least double what they're offering), the support is all by email and "live" support which is offline... and there is no address or any contact info that is specific or identifiable as suchI'm unwilling to buy anything from them until I've heard more about them. I searched google and 33 out of 34 results were from Ebay... the one that wasn't was from some foreign country. Not so good.so have any of you had dealings with them or can recommend them?

The company running that site is called eTrade House.com Ltd. and they're based in Middlesex. They have been trading since May 2006. The website http://etradehouse.com/ seems to be an exact duplicate of the one you suggested, but with a different colour scheme. Look, another one! Personally I wouldn't trust a company that has three duplicates of their site online, each with a company number on them that relates to one of the other sites. They also all have the same phone number on them. I'd give them a ring and see if anyone answers, which company they identify themselves as, and whether they seem genuine.

Throughout each of the sites, there seems to be a very poor grasp of English. For a company claiming to be based in Middlesex and London, I'd have thought a reputable company would have taken the time to proofread their site and make sure they present a good image. To me, each site looks like it was thrown together quickly and put online. Personally I wouldn't order from them.

Browsing round the 'net it seems that people have mixed feelings. They seem to deliver quickly and their customer support is OK, but their products tend to be a very much "you get what you pay for" affair.

Hi,
Etradehouse.com / safekom accepts card payments through a secure server.

Only Worldpay see your card details (Worldpay is owned by Royal Bank of Scotland)

They have a public forum ( http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ), so grievences can be seen and published there.

However, check this website to be sure http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

regards,

Safekom is the best

Anyone Heard Of Safekom.com?

I bought some products from them and they provide great service and delievery as if on a bullet. I ordered on Tuesday at 6 pm and got the item on Wednesday 9 am. Wowowow

-reply by Andrew

I bought an HD enclosure, and the fan didn't work, I contacted them via their premium phone number and never got a response, sometimes waiting for 20 minutes, I sent an email clearly stating the problem, they'd always reply with some mumbojumbo about the power supply, there was nothing wrong with the power supply and I don't see how it could affect the fan, in the end they didn't even reply to my emails. I would never buy anything else from these people.

This is my first time making a purchase from etradehouse.com and I would never use the site again. The only confirmation of the order I received was a receipt from paypal and etradehouse was not even mentioned in the receipt. There has been no notification of order received, goods dispatched or any indication of a problem with the order despite over a week having passed since it was made. "Next Day" delivery was Friday 26 November and today is 3 December and still nothing has arrived. Why do I have to pay to call up to find out what's going on with the order when they have quite happily taken my money already? Why does their advisor tell me that the delivery may have been delayed by snow when it only snowed 5 days after the order was placed? He also tells me that I can get my next day delivery refunded if I let them know when the item arrives. Why can't they refund me straight away since it's already been over a week? Terrible service and the prices definitely do not justify the hassle. Absolutely never buy from these people.

This is my first time making a purchase from etradehouse.com and I would never use the site again. The only confirmation of the order I received was a receipt from paypal and etradehouse was not even mentioned in the receipt. There has been no notification of order received, goods dispatched or any indication of a problem with the order despite over a week having passed since it was made. "Next Day" delivery was Friday 26 November and today is 3 December and still nothing has arrived. Why do I have to pay to call up to find out what's going on with the order when they have quite happily taken my money already? Why does their advisor tell me that the delivery may have been delayed by snow when it only snowed 5 days after the order was placed? He also tells me that I can get my next day delivery refunded if I let them know when the item arrives. Why can't they refund me straight away since it's already been over a week? Terrible service and the prices definitely do not justify the hassle. Absolutely never buy from these people.

I agree totally with the above comment. Ordered 2 items on 3rd December, paid via Paypal, and only received their reciept. I have tried to contact them through the site, but you can't type a message. Have now entered a Paypal dispute to get my money back. Disgusting service, I would never deal with the people again.

http://www.safekom.com/, http://www.plusbee.com/ are also their sites and look similar....avoid like the plague if i were you.

Had dealings wiyh them over faulty goods, bought through e-bay not having much satisfaction off them,and my 45 days e-bay guarantee as run out.I would not use them again.Dodgy!

ethshop, safekom, sarah-it, plusbee are ebay sellers to avoid, possibly more. They all go under the same company as Plusbee Ltd. It seems as if this is an attempt to monopolise ebay listings by using several proxy accounts, not very good at all. (edit after reasearching: there's multiple listings of the same product same colour, but with slightly different picture; so this isn't to get around any account restrictions that I've read about)It seems some other sellers do this to some extent too, but this is the worst case I have come across; anyway to report this or is it not against ebay's rules/interests?Regarldless, it is a medicore seller that has ridiculously high feedback; a good portion of my items from there have either broken easily or not arrived.

Hi,I bought a 2.5" ide and sata HDD dock from safekom (they had the ebay username thomas-it) and it didn't work. They didn't reply until I opened an ebay dispute, then they had me send them photographs of the faulty item and finally return it. I sent it back by recorded delivery and they refunded the item. They didn't refund the return postage cost and I'm not sure how to get them to (I'm aware they should because of the distance selling regs)....Overall, waste of time. I noticed I also bought a usb cable from them ages ago which was also a piece of rubbish!!Hope this helps, DON'T buy from them!Cheers,Ollie

ethshop, safekom, sarah-it, plusbee are ebay sellers to avoid, possibly more. They all go under the same company as Plusbee Ltd. It seems as if this is an attempt to monopolise ebay listings by using several proxy accounts, not very good at all. (edit after reasearching: there's multiple listings of the same product same colour, but with slightly different picture; so this isn't to get around any account restrictions that I've read about)

It seems some other sellers do this to some extent too, but this is the worst case I have come across; anyway to report this or is it not against ebay's rules/interests?

Regarldless, it is a medicore seller that has ridiculously high feedback; a good portion of my items from there have either broken easily or not arrived.

I'm having trouble with one of thier ebay seller proxy accounts (ethshop) with this product Pluscom SKU CCTV-CIP

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Internet-Wifi-Wireless-IP-CCTV-Remote-Security-Camera-Home-System-DVR-Recording-/250989575465?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item3a7024fd29

What the seller's description says it can do and what it's actualy capable of doing are two different things. No manufacturer support available, firmware.web Ui upgrades ect. It's an unbranded clone of Wanscam/foscam ect.I sent it back for eithier a refund or camera that is capable of the functions listed on their listing and they just sent back an identical item !. I'm no better off, infact I'm now £6.75 out of pocket.AVOID,AVOID,AVOID

The Ebay seller also sell's this camera under these seller names:

safekom item no 250987931734

thomas-it item no 170918778521

plusbee item no 230815331244

sarah-it item no 270992244861

http://etradehouse.com/Prd_Detail.aspx?prd_id=14422

Regards

Pedro

I have bought 10m of cable from "PlusBee" which turns out to be from "Safekom". It's become faulty after not much use and every attempt I make to email the company either directly or via ebay bounces. A couple of other things I bought from them seem to be fine so far (though they are obviously cheap - you get what you pay for): the only problem seems to be redress if/when things go wrong. Anyone know how to make Ebay take some responsibility for this seller? I notice I haven't been asked to leave feedback, though most sellers would have been begging me to by now.