xisto Community
QueenBee

Paint Job I need a paint job

Does anyone know how much a paint job would cost for a Ford Focus ZX3? And how much would it be to get tinted windows too?I just bought my 2005 Focus and it is dark blue and the paint still looks new, but I really want it black, but I don't know how much it would be to get it all done. :)

Man, that is a tough one... around here, you could pay $5000 for a super-deluxe paint job in a Paint Booth, by real Pro's...Or $500 for someone using a 4 inch paint Brush...Quality costs money, and you usually get what you pay for.best thing would be to get a minimum of 3 prices and ask for 3 referrals from each outfit. Or ask around your friends/relatives in the area. Word of mouth means alot. Ask them if they would take their vehicle back to the same shop...

It looks like you can get it done from $300 ( http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ) but I would ask to see examples of what they have done. Wherever you go, ask for the phone numbers of some of their customers and speak to them - explain why you've called and ask if they are happy with the paint job. If you want, you could even ask to go round and see their car. Generally people won't mind as long as you explain why you called and are polite to them.

Any company that is proud of its work will be willing to help you get in contact with their past clients. Any excuses, or a flat refusal, to help out then be very wary.

As jlhaslip has said, you very much get what you pay for. You're paying for their time, so the more you spend, the more of your time you will get. You will also find that the more you spend, the more you get in the way of guarantees against rusting, scratches, fading etc.