xisto Community
bgdesign

My New Business Website

Ok,

My companies website is VERY Beta and needs loads of work. I will be updating it a lot over the next couple of week. My main problem right now is my lack of PHP knowledge to finish my site. The design of the site will be getting updated A LOT over the next week as it looks like crap, but add any input you want and what I should add to the site.

I need to know how to install a working shopping cart and secure checkout on my website. I have no money right now (just started my company) so the most I could offer is a discount on any products on my site. I am still adding stuff to the site (more products). Anyone interested please email me @ jordan-trout@hotmail.com and we will work something out if you want $$.

URL: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Nice graphics to start with. Definitely lacking content, though.
You should use a Lorem Ipsum Generator to fill the columns as you wish the completed design to look like.
http://www.lipsum.com/
I can't tell what layout you are striving for, but the Graphics look great.

As to the use of a Shopping Cart, or E-commerce Software, there are several Freeware programs available. Once you get Hosted here, you would be able top use one from the fantastico scripts available on your account.

Good luck with the site, and feel free to ask any questions in the PHP or HTML/CSS sub-forums.

Ok,
My companies website is VERY Beta and needs loads of work. I will be updating it a lot over the next couple of week. My main problem right now is my lack of PHP knowledge to finish my site. The design of the site will be getting updated A LOT over the next week as it looks like crap, but add any input you want and what I should add to the site.

I need to know how to install a working shopping cart and secure checkout on my website. I have no money right now (just started my company) so the most I could offer is a discount on any products on my site. I am still adding stuff to the site (more products). Anyone interested please email me @ jordan-trout@hotmail.com and we will work something out if you want $.

URL: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

You are using a table based design, which isn't very effiecient, but it's easy. Consider changing it to a div based design, and making the site have a liquid width.
Your content does not contrast well enough with the background. It is hard to read. Consider shading in the container of the content a white color with black text, or changing to background color of the container to #333, bordering it all around and making the text white so it is easier to read. Make sure to make the area where the content fits stand out.
You do not have a copyright on your page. Consider placing a copyright on your page.
Your text has a serifed font. Consider using a more modern looking, sans-serif font such as verdana or helvetica as these fonts bring more professionalism to the design.

That should make your design look better, and behave better to your consumer.

I wouldn't worry to much about php until you have a solid design which you don't so I concentrate on that first before anything else. Also once you have solidify your web design concentrate on e-commerce because that process is very long and will provide many headaches especially when you start signing the paperwork, I would suggest you find someone who has a solid background. As for using e-cart software I recommend zencart as it is very customizable with skins and mods that will make your e-cart very user friendly. I had to set up zencart so I am very familiar with most of it, never got to the money portion yet.Like any other business website you need ot make sure your website is user friendly, provides all the information a user might want, including FAQ's, customer reviews, different ways to contact you, products of course, detail information about those products etc etc. So hopefully that gives you an idea how to plan this out.

Very blad, you need to add content. The Products page is pretty good mind you. But the rest is pretty poor. I suggest you add a support forums, or some sort of e-mail form for the contact section. People jsut won't trust you if your not there.The header is fine. If the rest of the site was improved, this would look better and more of a fit.Like the name though :)

very very very nice design how did you make the shadow efecktit is realy nicebut are you hsting compny or only design compnycan yu do some thing for free likefree design for the first costmarcause i can be the first :)

The site look pretty good. You seem to have good sense in designing. Users don't always wants to scroll down the whole page and see all the contents of it. Unfortunately most users in net are lazy as me. The point insist is try to make your contents concentrated, not like one have to scroll a lot to reach the footer.I'm pretty sure your content can be made to fit in the screen with some different lay out. Thats what most users what. Also the product page specifically is way too long.The banner colors and the link colors seems more on the desaturated side. Make it a little more saturated to make the reading experience more pleasing.I've told what i felt and no hard feelings :lol: