xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
djstarskream

Peer 2 Peer The Choices limewire emule frostwire ares winmx music ex

which do you prefer  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ok there are litrely 100's of Peer 2 Peer or p2p software out there which whom nearly all offer a free trial version of there full working software

90% of the time they offer as a freeversion a copy of there software with limits such as

slower speed

limited search

low conection

slow searches

and some disfunctionality of main components

now when they say slower speed do they meen slower conection to the specific networks they are conected to or do they meen that the software itself slows the results down. ?

after having used nearly most if not all these vareouse sofware available for free i cinde that sertane software (i canot mention anny name for legal reasons.)

do infact slow do the following

download speed

search speed

return speed of the searches

now anouther thing i want to no is how come they never limit the upload speed ?

i cant dive into all aspects of each specific software as i dont no everything there is to no about them .but there are obveouse favorites amoungst them all.

note these are personal favorites not actuall population favorites.

but my best are of

ares

torrent based software

winmx music

but although these software can be grabed for free there is allways a risk of the ever elusive virus files.

now againe after the use of manny of these programs i can give you a list of the best to worst in that order for viruses.(note this is a personal best)

ares with almost no viruses

emule (costly)

the wire networks (limewire, frostwire,winmx music)

but for me although i do use ares as my faverite i do prefer a torent based client as there us alot more options when coming to choice and speed

now out of the torrent clients my best has to be bit torrent.

there isnt much difrence in the torrent clients infact i would go as far as to say they even all look the same.

they could infact just be a ripoff of eachouther but hey whos watching rite lol.

the only noticable difrence between p2p software and torrent clients is the difrence in styles as most p2p software has its own unique look and most torrent clients look the same.

the speed where as in p2p clients the speed can vary between software but in torrent clients the speed although varys in download can trip to over 149 kbs (personal reach)

they all seem to be perfictly capeable of reaching this speed as an average.

well thats about it for my little guide its not overly in depth but it will give you a range in knowing what your looking for if your new to or even old to the download clients of the internet. please take the time to answer the poll as by answering you give valuble information to this guide that can also help veiwers in there choice of download software over the avaerage choice people make as there favorite download client.

thanx for reading.

I've tried a couple, but I'm using Limewire right now. I used an EARLY stage of Ares once, but if it truly does have almost no viruses I may have to try it again. Just don't go Kazaa :) that is terrible and you get almost no good results :)

Peer to peer programs are running rampant with malware. :) I use uTorrent just because I hear horror stories about Limewire, Kazaa, Morpheus, and all the other common P2P programs out there. Torrents are so much better simply because you are continuously downloading through more than one source, and the torrent community is more of a friendlier environment as people leave comments on torrents, seed and share, and even if you're a leech, you HAVE to seed some of what you have while you download.Plus, you can find just about ANYTHING. :)

you will be surprised to know but i have never used these softwares.firstly cause my internet speed is very slow if i start downloading any movie or software it will tak eme bout one complete day to download it. And my mom doesnt allow to keep my computer ON for some bizzare reason :)secondly i have heard these software carry loads of virus with them . i am scared of them :Pand whatever i want i get it through LAN network in my area those guys are so sweet they will download anything i want and share it with me :)

Open some ports can increase the speeds on Port 2 Port devices like that, but yeah the free ones cap your top speed. But oh well, doesn't matter. 95% of the time I get what I was searching for.

I am a user of p2p, I even like to dream about some day having a separate WiFi WAN in Toronto. Where I am the administration of. I could have parties and send out the password and log on from cards located to different people from teh different parties and then the friends I gave cards too would have exclusive rights to the pub of all my shares.It would be as fast as if the computer was right next to you, and it would be live and current.There are a lot of 'virus' on a lot of downloads out there. They are actually trojan's, mostly, but to the general public thats the same thing. I use uTorrent, and am a fully supportive of torrents. The process is much for sucessful, and a better idea than any p2p program.

Seems like alot of people here have uTorrent, where's a good place to get something like this? and would it be worth it on dial-up?

firstly cause my internet speed is very slow if i start downloading any movie or software it will tak eme bout one complete day to download it.

A sad High-five to you for also having dial up (yes?).

All programs do the same work at the same "speed".. what changes is how do you config them and your modem. For example, puting 1000 conections each torrent may cause slow download.. the max u need is about 500 (1mb conections)..and the others things.. disabe firewalls, activate encrypt, for XP/Vista users retrieve the limit of conections, set an upload limit of 85% your maximun upload rate, etc...Of course you cant use an Java program like Azureus in an old computer.. thats why utorrent exist xD

Personally, I use Limewire. Mainly because all I download is music, however, if I'm downloading full albums, programs or movies I tend to use BitTorrent, I find it a bit easier for the larger files.

I use frostwire to download individual songs and uTorrent for albums or movies. I switched over to frostwire when some p2p programs where gettin tracked

Seems like alot of people here have uTorrent, where's a good place to get something like this? and would it be worth it on dial-up?A sad High-five to you for also having dial up (yes?).

You can get utorrent from their website utorrent.com....you'll need a search engine to find stuff like piratebay.org, mininova.org....etc.....It will take forever to finish downloading a movie with a dial-up...imagine downloading one song on dial-up connection and multiplying it many many times. But, it is up to...you can try it out if you don't like it just uninstall it.

I personally us UTorrent for all my downloading. I refuse to use limewire, kazaa, etc due to the fact that you rarely get a reliable result and most of the time the files have virus and all. Torrents tend to be the best way to get good results plus you can use PeerGuardian to protect yourself.