xisto Community
karlosantana

Need A Cheap Domain Name Company

As the title says im desperate for a domain name now anyone got any favourites? if so how much? I might get a free one off of Xisto but id be affraid of losing it! (forgetting about how many creds ive got and suchlike!)

I can recommend the Xisto Company Domain Registrar found at https://xisto.com/

Xisto is the parent Company to these Forums and it is the reason the Forums and Hosting are FREE. The operation of various other Web Hosting Services and the Xisto - Domains is what keeps our Hosting free, so if at all possible, please use them.
Their prices are very competitive and the service is quite satisfactory, too. I think the last one I got there was $7.99 USD. About the same as elsewhere, unless you catch a Boxing Week Sale . :)

The main thing that lures me into Xisto - Domains is their SSL certificates. They would be ideal if I ever made an online store which involved using an e-commerce system.

Although I agree with haslip thats the best place to go he forgot to mention the awesome offer through Xisto and that is for 250 hosting credits you can get a domain for one whole year. You could say it would be a trial offer to see how you like the services before going to paid hosting which is about 10x times as better as the free hosting here on trap.

I use godaddy they give you coupons and stuff it's around $7.20 a year per dot com if you buy them on sale and stuff. Then you get free hosting too, which has an ad, but you can use it to store files if nothing else, since its 5 gigabytes for free!

yeah go daddy is really good and cheap... i know alot of people that is with them.. i got my dot com for only 7 dollars and yeah its per year.. so its not much at all. :)

If you want a free one, and you don't really care if it's not .com or .net, then you could get a .co.nr one. It pretty much just redirects you to your site, but it can also hide the url of your site and always show the .co.nr one. It's pretty good for being free.

Xidomains has been working for me whenever I've been buying domain names, and I've told my dad about them and he's also started using them and finding it good too :) If you didn't know, Xisto - Domains is the company that's been set up with Xisto - Web Hosting, which is like the paid version of Xisto.For me it's really handy, since I can get everything I need from Xisto - Web Hosting... the domain, the hosting and all that, and it's all so cheap plus, excellent service, so personally I'd stick with them.

Hey, There is two people who I know to be pretty good for cheap domains+hosting they are HostGator you can use the baby plan for 600gb of webspace, 6000gb of Bandwidth and unlimited domains allowed It also allows practically everything except for chillsoft asp and anonymous ftp. This comes at a price of $15 per year for the domain and $0.01 per month for the webspace when you use the jury coupon (simply type jury in the coupon section - this coupon essential removes $9.95 from the order- so you have to use the monthly choice other wise its costly). You can also use Hostgators Swamp plan for 1 TB of webspace, Unlimited bandwidth, unlimited domains and EVERYTHING is allowed. The price monthly is $13 so deduct $9 and that is the monthly price ($4 a month for those bad at math). although if you are looking for a truely free domain you can get a http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

domain for free at the expense of a really small button banner just on the front page of you site (no where else) and you even get to place it yourself. This free domain can be applied for at freedomain.co.nr Hope your site kicks off good. PS. what is your site about?

Thanks everyone! :) my site will be for loads of stuff i do three monthly challenges so i will need alot of subdomains im happy with Xisto for hosting its just the domain name as im eek a little short of money right now! but the main bit of my website will be my 3 monthly challenges and at the moment the domain for that is challenges.urbaninsticts.tap17.com this is where i love trap 17! each challenge has its own sub domain of the abbove so the first challenge at the moment isfreewebdesign.challenges.urbaninsticts.trap17.comits all a bit of a mouthfull! so im needing a domain name rather than wanting one!Xisto seams to be the cheapest at $7.99 might go with them!Host gator chargesDomain: 1 year @ $15.00Main Package Hatchling: Monthly @ $8.95 + Setup: $5.00Domain(s) Total $15.00Package(s) Total $8.95Package(s) Setup $5.00Sub Total $28.95Coupon (jury) -$9.94Total Due $19.01** $8.95 will be due on the next renewal date: 2008/02/09(Domain renewals billed separately.)

Edited by karlosantana (see edit history)